2019-20 College Football Thread

pjbear05

It will be interesting to see how Burrow fares in the NFL.

Especially when it comes to quarterbacks, Heisman winners often turn out to be flops in the NFL.

An article about some of them since 2000: https://www.radio.com/sports/ncaa-football/gallery/heisman-curse-winners-since-2000-who-were-busts-in-nfl

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

It will be interesting to see how Burrow fares in the NFL.

Especially when it comes to quarterbacks, Heisman winners often turn out to be flops in the NFL.

An article about some of them since 2000: https://www.radio.co...re-busts-in-nfl

this is true, but a lot of these quarterbacks were never projected to have games that would translate to the NFL. Weinke (who was about 29 as a college senior), Crouch, Troy Smith, and Tebow were commonly thought not to be high picks. Injuries got White, Bradford, and RG III. Manuel was a clusterfuck. The only one scouts missed out on, for the most part, was Leinart.

So, provided he can stay healthy, given that Burrow is held in high regard, he should be good. Of course, he has to play behind a suspect O Line, so health is not a given, especially because he doesn't seem to have valued self preservation that highly in college.

• Like 1

I must confess that I have now watched the NCG about 10 times. I don't know if I will ever get tired of watching it. It is a pleasure to see Clemson take that early lead 17-7 only for LSU to outscore them 35-8 the rest of the way, every time. Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 1

It's being reported that the Big Ten has cancelled the season but still MAY play in the spring.
  • Like 1

PAC 12 followed suit, maybe in the Spring. At least I have hockey to watch :D

Huge mistake by the Pac 12. If they would have waited they could have been the last conference standing, and maybe have even gotten a team in the playoff...

Huge mistake by the Pac 12. If they would have waited they could have been the last conference standing, and maybe have even gotten a team in the playoff...

:laughing guy: oh you're so funny. :eyeroll:

Edited by Rhyta

:laughing guy: oh you're so funny. :eyeroll:

I was assuming the MAC and Sun Belt cancelled their seasons as well.

Sun Belt and Conference USA are still planning on playing.

That may be their best chance, the B1G and Pac 12 players may transfer there en masse.

Notre Dame barely hanging on to a 7-pt lead over UNC at 24-17. This after a 17-17 tie at the half. First and goal for ND, though. Will last-minute score make this look like a better win than it was...?

ETA: Yes. Good defensive showing for ND.

Edited by goose

University of Buffalo running back Jaret Patterson rushed for 409 yards and an NCAA record-tying 8 touchdowns.

He was pulled late in the game, 18 yards short of Samaje Perine's record of 427 yards (2014).

Edited by Principled Man

University of Buffalo running back Jaret Patterson rushed for 409 yards and an NCAA record-tying 8 touchdowns.

He was pulled late in the game, 18 yards short of Samaje Perine's record of 427 yards (2014).

As a long time OU Sooner fan, I think they should have let him get the record. Something he could have told his grand kids about.

Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 1

Late in the second qtr ND makes a nice defensive stop, then follows with a quick score. 10-7 over #7 Syracuse.

ND follows that series with a fumble-causing blitz, which they recover and eventually convert into another 2nd qtr TD. 17-7.

Late in the second qtr ND makes a nice defensive stop, then follows with a quick score. 10-7 over #7 Syracuse.

ND follows that series with a fumble-causing blitz, which they recover and eventually convert into another 2nd qtr TD. 17-7.

Plus a third TD just before halftime.

FYI, Syracuse is 1-9 and not in the Top 25.

Don't you mean, Syracuse is 1-9 and, not being Notre Dame, is therefore not in the top 25?

Ohio State is not Facing off against the Blue Meanies this year, I know it is because of the pandemic but to me this just proves that the Blue Meanies are some of the biggest cowards in the NCAA and in the Big Ten. Edited by Thebuckeye2112

Ohio State is not Facing off against the Blue Meanies this year, I know it is because of the pandemic but to me this just proves that the Blue Meanies are some of the biggest cowards in the NCAA and in the Big Ten.

Don't worry about it. You own the league's commissioner and apparently the school presidents, they're willing to change the rules they made during the season to protect your divine right to a spot in the championship game and maybe the CFP. While you are one of the four best teams in the country, I hope the CFP committee doesn't reward the big 10's brazen flouting of their own rules and "overlooks" them for their spot. Or, even better, Northwestern wins the championship game.

• Like 1

The Army Navy game next year will be played on 09/11/2021, as a memorial to the 20th anniversary of the bombings. Game will be at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford.

The Army Navy game next year will be played on 09/11/2021, as a memorial to the 20th anniversary of the bombings. Game will be at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford.

Never forget!

There were bombings on 9/11/2001?

• Like 1

Never forget!

There were bombings on 9/11/2001?

Well, driving a truck full of fertilizer into a building is pretty much a bomb, so...