2019-20 College Football Thread

pjbear05

College Football Playoff committee rankings are out- and undefeated Penn State is No. 4 !! Woo hoo!

(yes, I know they still have to play Minnesota next week and THE Ohio State University on November 23rd . . .let us enjoy this for now . . . :P )

If they can manage to win out, especially beating the Suckeyes, that would be epic.

Yeah, I would love it! LABT will disagree, but I would love to see them beat Ohio State. :ebert:

While I think you're a wonderful poster and a really good person, and I have no love for ohio state university at Columbus and their moronic attempt to trademark "the", there's too many Paterno apologists and worshippers in their fan base to ever allow me to root for that program.

Thank you, I can understand that feeling. That Paterno/Sandusky situation was a horrible mess. From all accounts James Franklin, the current coach, seems to run a good program so it's fun to watch them again.

I'm sorry I gave you a big red O! I thought you were 1000% behind Ohio State? :huh: So I wonder who I am thinking of?

Nah, osu-Columbus is not a favorite. I'm not sure I've seen any real Buckeye fans here, so I can't help you there, either.

• Like 1

College Football Playoff committee rankings are out- and undefeated Penn State is No. 4 !! Woo hoo!

(yes, I know they still have to play Minnesota next week and THE Ohio State University on November 23rd . . .let us enjoy this for now . . . :P )

If they can manage to win out, especially beating the Suckeyes, that would be epic.

Yeah, I would love it! LABT will disagree, but I would love to see them beat Ohio State. :ebert:

While I think you're a wonderful poster and a really good person, and I have no love for ohio state university at Columbus and their moronic attempt to trademark "the", there's too many Paterno apologists and worshippers in their fan base to ever allow me to root for that program.

Thank you, I can understand that feeling. That Paterno/Sandusky situation was a horrible mess. From all accounts James Franklin, the current coach, seems to run a good program so it's fun to watch them again.

I'm sorry I gave you a big red O! I thought you were 1000% behind Ohio State? :huh: So I wonder who I am thinking of?

And thank you for the kind remarks! It has been a rough week here; they are much appreciated. :hi:

All well deserved, I always enjoy your posts.

• Like 1

No call on a Penn St delay of game and they score.

Gophers go three and out, punt.

72 yards and PSU will get the win...

Yep.

I hate Ohio State but I hope they win by 50 next week.

• Like 1

I guess you have to be 3 touchdowns better than Penn State to win there.

Although Jason Bennetti (who I like) shouldn't use the phrase "House of Horrors" in referencing Beaver Stadium with regard to a mere opposing football team.

Tua injured, and sent back to Tuscaloosa with a hip injury. Looks like he'll be out for the year, if not longer.

Tua injured, and sent back to Tuscaloosa with a hip injury. Looks like he'll be out for the year, if not longer.

Sucks for him and the team, but great for the rest of us (Alabama fans excluded).

You have to feel for the kid, this is the kind of injury that could be career ending.

Saban can rot in hell.

• Like 4

A good day for the state of Iowa, as Iowa St tops the Texas Longhorns and Iowa beats Minnesota.

The-Seal-of-Iowa-State.jpg

I've never seen the state seal of Iowa before. It's rare to see something at TRF with that poor a sense of proportion outside of SOCN.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Big shoutout to our Utah Utes!! Blew UCLA away 49-3 sitting at #7. Just 2 more to go and we will have a shot at the PAC-12 championship :drool: Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2