Geddy's UK Book Signings documented in Classic Rock magazine

blueschica

Here is a link to a new article in this month's Classic Rock magazine. The link is to the article reproduced at Cygnus X-1.net, which is a great resource for fans! Anyway, this introduction is shared from them and they supplied the link. (I think it was originally tagged by our own Rush Fan Forever.)

From Cygnus X-1.net - -

"Back in June, Geddy Lee began the European leg of his Big Beautiful Book of Bass signing tour with three dates in the UK. During that time, Classic Rock Magazine followed him around to gauge the Rush frontman's reaction to the crowds that had come out to see him.

The August 2019 issue of the magazine documents Geddy's visit in a new article titled Geddy Lee: Is Reading the New Rock 'n' Roll?. In the article, which is now available online, Geddy reminisces about the last time he went on a signing tour:

“I haven’t done any official kind of signing since My Favorite Headache in 2000,” says Geddy, coffee in hand. “So it’s been twenty years. It’s fun. That said, my back doesn’t like it and I’m developing different chops in my wrist – I am standing up there for two hours signing books.”

Several fans were also interviewed about their experience of meeting Geddy, which makes for some interesting reading.

But perhaps of even more interest in the semi-announcement that Neil Peart is working on a new book:

"It’s true to say that Lee and guitarist Alex Lifeson held out of hope of a reunion, but Neil Peart’s promise of one final tour was steadfast and the drummer and lyricist retreated into retirement in the coves of Santa Monica.

Peart has been working on a new book since then, Lifeson has made musical and TV cameos, while Lee travelled widely and then went down his self-confessed rabbit hole of collecting and curating."

You can check out the entire article here: https://www.cygnus-x...ock-08.2019.php

• Like 5

A new Peart book, huh?

The guy is bound and determined to prove that there really is no God.

• Like 1

Thanks. That was a great article. I am glad that enjoys meeting us as much as we enjoy meeting him.

Unless he gets back on the road (Which he may or may not want to do at this stage) that's really the only way he's going to get ny meaningful feedback.

I’m glad he is planning more of these little mini-jaunts. I wonder if he’ll do a Manhattan event. Ridgewood was fine, but I’m sure there are a ton of New York fans who couldn’t get out to Jersey or Philly. I’d even get another pair of books for gifts to the two people I know would actually be into reading all of it.