Jump to content


Which bands do TRFers remind you of?

to hell with goodhell

  • Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 89869 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:35 PM

Which band do TRF people remind you of, what do you imagine they would be listening to?

I'll begin and whoever posts next can do me and then someone can post about them and so on.

I'll start with EARL aka RUSHHEAD666. When I think of Earl I always think of the band AUTOGRAPH, I don't know why. Maybe it's because he's collected so many?

Sponsored Post

#2 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 79333 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:38 PM

I don't care how much you beg,  I'm not doing you.

#3 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 89869 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:40 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 22 August 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

I don't care how much you beg,  I'm not doing you.
I thought someone might pick up on that.

Are you doing the confidence pool this year?

#4 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 79333 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:40 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 22 August 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 22 August 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

I don't care how much you beg,  I'm not doing you.
I thought someone might pick up on that.

Are you doing the confidence pool this year?
Maybe

#5 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 89869 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:42 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 22 August 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 22 August 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 22 August 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

I don't care how much you beg,  I'm not doing you.
I thought someone might pick up on that.

Are you doing the confidence pool this year?
Maybe
Maybe baby or just maybe?

#6 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 79333 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:45 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 22 August 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 22 August 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 22 August 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 22 August 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

I don't care how much you beg,  I'm not doing you.
I thought someone might pick up on that.

Are you doing the confidence pool this year?
Maybe
Maybe baby or just maybe?
Is beanie keeping records?

#7 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 89869 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:47 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 22 August 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 22 August 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 22 August 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 22 August 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 22 August 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

I don't care how much you beg,  I'm not doing you.
I thought someone might pick up on that.

Are you doing the confidence pool this year?
Maybe
Maybe baby or just maybe?
Is beanie keeping records?
I dunno I've not seen her for ages. Hopefully yeah.

#8 tangy

tangy

    The Great Progholio

  • Members
  • 10184 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:47 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 22 August 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

Which band do TRF people remind you of, what do you imagine they would be listening to?

I'll begin and whoever posts next can do me and then someone can post about them and so on.

I'll start with EARL aka RUSHHEAD666. When I think of Earl I always think of the band AUTOGRAPH, I don't know why. Maybe it's because he's collected so many?

The most metal of all birds, the treeduck is best known for its love of judas priest

Breaking the law whilst living after after midnight and if you disagree you got another thing coming....

#9 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 79333 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:48 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 22 August 2019 - 07:47 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 22 August 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 22 August 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 22 August 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 22 August 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 22 August 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

I don't care how much you beg,  I'm not doing you.
I thought someone might pick up on that.

Are you doing the confidence pool this year?
Maybe
Maybe baby or just maybe?
Is beanie keeping records?
I dunno I've not seen her for ages. Hopefully yeah.
Hope she's OK...


#10 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 89869 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:55 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 22 August 2019 - 07:48 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 22 August 2019 - 07:47 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 22 August 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 22 August 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 22 August 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 22 August 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 22 August 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

I don't care how much you beg,  I'm not doing you.
I thought someone might pick up on that.

Are you doing the confidence pool this year?
Maybe
Maybe baby or just maybe?
Is beanie keeping records?
I dunno I've not seen her for ages. Hopefully yeah.
Hope she's OK...
Yeah.

#11 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 8901 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:10 PM

Myself, some days- (this is a real band, BTW.).

Posted Image

(And not meaning to joke about Prozac, it has helped my family . . . .)

#12 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 79333 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:holidaying in Cambodia
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:18 PM

View Postblueschica, on 22 August 2019 - 09:10 PM, said:

Myself, some days- (this is a real band, BTW.).

Posted Image


(And not meaning to joke about Prozac, it has helped my family . . . .)
Former Go-Gos, right?

#13 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 8901 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:19 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 22 August 2019 - 09:18 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 22 August 2019 - 09:10 PM, said:

Myself, some days- (this is a real band, BTW.).

Posted Image


(And not meaning to joke about Prozac, it has helped my family . . . .)
Former Go-Gos, right?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#14 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 9522 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, Driving, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun,Talking with friends!

Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:42 PM

When I think of Blueschica, and hubby, I think of The Beach Boys...and general '60s Psychedelia...
Posted Image

#15 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32821 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:13 PM

Without hesitation, Earl is Steel Panther.

#16 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

    Queenmaster

  • Members
  • 6951 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Solar Federation
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:19 PM

Mick reminds me of Tom Waits, for almost the sole reason that his avatar has always been the same picture of Tom Waits, and if I were to ever meet Mick in person, I would be shocked to find that isn't his face.

#17 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 12471 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:51 PM

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 22 August 2019 - 11:19 PM, said:

Mick reminds me of Tom Waits, for almost the sole reason that his avatar has always been the same picture of Tom Waits, and if I were to ever meet Mick in person, I would be shocked to find that isn't his face.

I have been thinking Mick is actually Tom Waits for the last couple  years. How else can those vocals not be a complete turn off to him lol.

#18 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 89869 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:51 PM

Johnny Blaze makes me think of Black Sabbath because of the song Johnny Blade which I rewrote a couple of times...also Thin Lizzy's Johnny and Dio's Invisible were redone. I did a couple of other Black Sabbath ones too though so that's why Sabbath are prominent.

#19 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32821 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:07 AM

View Posttreeduck, on 22 August 2019 - 11:51 PM, said:

Johnny Blaze makes me think of Black Sabbath because of the song Johnny Blade which I rewrote a couple of times...also Thin Lizzy's Johnny and Dio's Invisible were redone. I did a couple of other Black Sabbath ones too though so that's why Sabbath are prominent.

I remember the Johnny Blade one and it was quality!!!

#20 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32821 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:10 AM

For duck, i know he’s hoping for Priest but he ain’t gettin’ it from me!!!  
I think Jethro Tull fits quite well though. Some quirky stuff going on, standing with one leg propped against the other whilst fluting, snot is running down his nose, and he really doesn’t mind if you sit this one out.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: to hell with goodhell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users