Vocal Coach Reacts to Geddy's Singing

snowdogged

One thing that has never been in doubt is that Geddy knows how to sing properly and knows how use his voice effectively, whether you like the way it sounds or not.
  • Like 1

Really????? the yodel voice crack-y marble mouthed version!!!!!

That was made to piss ME off, lol

Mick

Maybe this will bring you in off the ledge...

• Like 4

Really????? the yodel voice crack-y marble mouthed version!!!!!

That was made to piss ME off, lol

Mick

Maybe this will bring you in off the ledge...

This is the version she should have reacted to IMO

best one.

Mick

One thing that has never been in doubt is that Geddy knows how to sing properly and knows how use his voice effectively, whether you like the way it sounds or not.

Amen to THAT!!! I just had it with folks who complained about his voice so much. It not liked the fans (some of them) could do it better!! I LOVE his voice not matter what age our beloved Geddy is...I love his 80s era voice so...and plus, Geddy been singing since he was very young child anyway, it was during 1968-69 he started to used that soaring and high vocals!!! And welcome back!!!!

Amen to THAT!!! I just had it with folks who complained about his voice so much. It not liked the fans (some of them) could do it better!! I LOVE his voice not matter what age our beloved Geddy is...I love his 80s era voice so...and plus, Geddy been singing since he was very young child anyway, it was during 1968-69 he started to used that soaring and high vocals!!! And welcome back!!!!

I love Geddy's voice the way I'd love a friend who comforts me when I'm down.

:wub:

I listened to about 10 seconds and sadly had to shut it down. Out of sheer boredom I have actually been checking things like this out lately. None from her however...

I listened to about 10 seconds and sadly had to shut it down. Out of sheer boredom I have actually been checking things like this out lately. None from her however...

Listen to this one Narps:

Ahhh this may have been the "Daniel Boone coonskin hat" hairdo days but his voice had matured to as perfect as it ever was. I was oh so close to jumping from the balcony. Officially talked down. Thanks...
  • Like 1

Ahhh this may have been the "Daniel Boone coonskin hat" hairdo days but his voice had matured to as perfect as it ever was. I was oh so close to jumping from the balcony. Officially talked down. Thanks...

I love that version too. From the good old days. :cheers:

• Like 1

I love Geddy's voice the way I'd love a friend who comforts me when I'm down.

:wub:

I know!! Ps I LOVE your username!!!

I love that version too. From the good old days. :cheers:

Yep. The last show I went to before I took my kids in more recent years was in 1987. A great mixture of old and "new" Rush in those years and Ged could still bring it...

Whether fans could sing better than Geddy...is a moot point. They are not the ones exploiting their talent for commercial gain.

I realise that that there are some fans who think our favourite Canadian power trio are beyond criticism, but there are many of us who don't think that way, and it is an inescapable fact that there has been a big drop off in quality (not just vocals) since the late 80s.

They had an unbelievable golden run from 76-82 which is way more than most bands acheived, but their output has to be judged without confirmation bias, and sadly they were a shadow of their former selves for a long, long time.

Don't agree?...fine, it's called opinion and I promise not to be upset :-)

• Like 5

...it is an inescapable fact that there has been a big drop off in quality (not just vocals) since the late 80s.

They had an unbelievable golden run from 76-82 which is way more than most bands acheived, but their output has to be judged without confirmation bias, and sadly they were a shadow of their former selves for a long, long time.

Don't agree?...fine, it's called opinion and I promise not to be upset :-)

...just saying

• Like 1