Robert Plant is 71 Today. Are you OK with this?

Principled Man

He has come a long, long way since his lemon-squeezing days.

Honestly, I have always appreciated that he never agreed to do a Zeppelin ‘reunion’ tour, regardless of how lucrative it would have been for all of them. In his later years, he has written songs that suit his voice as it is, rather than as it was- and he seems to have kept true to his mantra of ‘Ever onward’.

Happy birthday, Percy!

• Like 5

Noooooooooo . . . .say it isn't so . . . . . . he is still awesome, though, and has earned every bit of the respect the rock world has for him. Happy Birthday, Robert !!

aHSJmfbl.png

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Honestly, I have always appreciated that he never agreed to do a Zeppelin ‘reunion’ tour, regardless of how lucrative it would have been for all of them.

Even today, in the world of Big Money music tours, for some artists, some things are still more important than money. :ebert:

• Like 3

Noooooooooo . . . .say it isn't so . . . . . . he is still awesome, though, and has earned every bit of the respect the rock world has for him. Happy Birthday, Robert !!

aHSJmfbl.png

He certainly has come a long way from that picture. :(

HB just the same. I'm sure he'll be peeking in here to see who sent good wishes his way. :)

• Like 2

What is there to not be ok with? If someone was born X amount of years ago then that's their age.

It was a joke question. :)

It pokes fun at us fans, who don't want our beloved rock stars to age, because that means WE are aging, too. :boohoo:

• Like 1

With Robert Plant's birthday being today, and he's had to turn 71 because of it, there isn't, and hasn't been anything wrong. Wherever you are, and whatever you are doing, Robert, "happy 71st birthday". Edited by Derek19

What is there to not be ok with? If someone was born X amount of years ago then that's their age.

It pokes fun at us fans, who don't want our beloved rock stars to age, because that means WE are aging, too. :boohoo:

Ah ok.

I'm 41 so I have grown up always knowing that he was an older rock star lol.

My thoughts exactly. Happy Birthday, Robert!

RpClKD3.gif

Fortunately, I've never been that type of person...I think it's funny the way some people think that way.

qZ2cAX3.gif

I’ve seen him live four times- Manic Nirvana and Fate of Nations tours, in 1990 and ‘93, respectively- and twice with Jimmy Page, in 1995.

And even though it has been awhile since then, I’ll say that in seeing clips of his performances I’ve seen in the years since- he has always seemed to bring an appropriate level/degree of energy to the music he and his band are performing, also. He has always been an incredible frontman.

Edited by Blue J

I’ve seen him live four times- Manic Nirvana and Fate of Nations tours, in 1990 and ‘93, respectively- and twice with Jimmy Page, in 1995.

And even though it has been awhile since then, I’ll say that I’m seeing clips of his performances I’ve seen in the years since- he has always seemed to bring an appropriate level/degree of energy to the music he and his band are performing, also. He has always been an incredible frontman.

Easily one of the best frontmen of all time imho

• Like 1

I listened to Celebration Day recently. Holy shit the guy sounds better than ever on that.

f***ing legend who is still doing it.

LOOKING AT YOU GEDDY

Why compare him to Geddy? How's that clever or fair?

I was sort of surprised he isn't older, then I remembered he and Bonzo were pups when they recorded their first album 50 YEARS AGO. OMG time goes by. I'm 46 but I remember the second half of the Seventies and started listening to hard rock and metal in '83 at the tender age of 10. I'm glad I look and act younger than I am, but many of my idols are dead, retired or close to retiring. Anyway, Happy Birthday Robert! The first six Zeppelin albums were beyond amazing and I will always treasure them. Getcha getcha Led on!