Happy First Show Anniversary, Rush !!

blueschica

45 years ago today was Rush's first concert with the new guy! I'm proud to say it was in Pittsburgh. Here is some stuff from Danforth and Pape and all over the web . . .

"Today marks the anniversary of Neil’s first show with Rush (described by one Pittsburgh columnist at the time as “a promising Canadian trio”) at the futuristic Civic Arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Opened in 1961, it was the first major sports venue in the world to have a retractable roof.

45 years ago today Geddy, Alex and Neil opened the show with Finding My Way at the start of a musical journey that was to totally transform their own lives and the lives of everyone who was lucky enough to discover their magic music along the way.

They would return to “The Igloo” another 14 times throughout their career..."

I5TNS2Ll.jpg.

Newspaper ad for the concert- you can see Rush got top billing! :LOL: xtiLQMMl.jpg

Here is the sound from that day . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLd-Z5IdkE&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0TXzxkfhPd3GPF756m7I1vk8tgoLwFxDKwF8mBB-dpPgwrJku2bQRhSNI

And a current newspaper article about the concert- lots of Pittsburgh history there . . . . Happy first show anniversary, guys!

https://triblive.com...sPhxNTlHBkuiDOM

• Like 8

Wonderful!

I honestly had no idea there was a recording of the first show with Neil.

Great Pittsburgh history, too!

:ebert: I just listened it and the sound is not all that great, but it's really fun to think that it's the first concert!

• Like 2

Wonderful!

:ebert: I just listened it and the sound is not all that great, but it's really fun to think that it's the first concert!

That it exists at all is pretty great.

• Like 3

Wonderful!

That it exists at all is pretty great.

Exactly!

• Like 1

I listen to this show far more than I should. There are a ton of annual moments for a band like this and I generally don't observe a lot of them but this is one that I do.

So much so that I made it a point to see them on the exact date for R30. (I called it R30 day) But yeah It may not be the best sounding show out there, but it's not bad and the history of it speaks for itself.

• Like 1