Made me laugh but who are these guys?

blueschica

This cartoon made me laugh, but then I started wondering- who are these guys? I could only figure out Flea as the player to the right of Geddy. The player in the black shirt has a very distinctive look, he must be somebody?

avCqxyjl.jpg

• Like 5

This cartoon made me laugh, but then I started wondering- who are these guys? I could only figure out Flea as the player to the right of Geddy. The player in the black shirt has a very distinctive look, he must be somebody?

avCqxyjl.jpg

:LOL:

Sting maybe? :huh:

• Like 1

avCqxyjl.jpg

Or Clint Eastwood?

Oh, shoot, yes, Sting! I forgot he was a bassist also! Although they do have him looking a little more like Clint . . . :LOL:

• Like 1

avCqxyjl.jpg

That's exactly who I thought it was.

• Like 1

Maybe the guy on the left is John Entwhistle.

He was 6’ 0”. John McVie was 5’ 9” and balding....but he always wears a cap.

I emailed author Dave Whamond via his website here about the bassists in the comic strip and here's his reply below.

The first bassist is a friend of Dave's who isn't anyone famous, but wanted to give a nod.

The bassist with the upright bass is Jim Creeggan of The Barenaked Ladies.

The rest are correct of being Sting, Geddy Lee, and Flea.

On a side note, here's a blog interview with Dave Whamond posted here.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 5

I emailed author Dave Whamond via his website here about the bassists in the comic strip and here's his reply below.

The first bassist is a friend of Dave's who isn't anyone famous, but wanted to give a nod.

I e-mailed him, too! :laughing guy: He must have been referring to you in his e-mail to me:

Thanks for your kind note. Funny, I just got a note from someone else tonight asking about the same cartoon.
  • Like 1

Thank you, RFF! It was making me wonder. I couldn't guess the guy in the middle for anything, and I kept thinking the one on the end was John Entwhistle or Paul from Peter, Paul and Mary (and I think he played guitar, not bass . . . )

Thank you, RFF! It was making me wonder. I couldn't guess the guy in the middle for anything, and I kept thinking the one on the end was John Entwhistle or Paul from Peter, Paul and Mary (and I think he played guitar, not bass . . . )

I'm still trying to convince myself that the hiker isn't Ian Anderson.

• Like 2

Since I read a lot about classic Canadian music (I'm talking lesser known Canadian acts who've been around for many years), I think I have an idea who the first bassist is.

The first bassist might be Peter Cardinali. Peter is known for collaborating with Ian Thomas (solo artist and with their group The Boomers), Anne Murray and has done projects with Rik Emmett of Triumph and Alex Lifeson. He's also the founder of Alma Records, a Canadian jazz label. Peter is almost like a Canadian Don Was (bassist of the 80's band Was (Not Was)) who's also the president of Blue Note Records, a legendary American jazz label.

Peter is featured on Alex Lifeson's solo album Victor (playing bass on songs 'Mr. X', 'Shut Up Shuttin' Up' and the title track) and a member of The Dexters, who're the house band at Lifeson's Orbit Room venue awhile back and released a live album posted

Peter also has a 'teardrop' Fender bass like Geddy Lee has.

Ian Thomas who's known for his 1973 hit 'Painted Ladies', was signed to Anthem Records in the 80's and his brother Dave collaborated with Geddy Lee and Rick Moranis on 'Take Off'.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

avCqxyjl.jpg

I would like to hear a rousing rendition of Big Bottom with Sting on lead vocal.

• Like 1

avCqxyjl.jpg

I would like to hear a rousing rendition of Big Bottom with Sting on lead vocal.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• Like 1

avCqxyjl.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:P

• Like 1