• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 46720 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:43 AM

Happy 44th, Ibanez!  Hope you have something wonderful planned to do today to celebrate!!

Posted Image

:cheers:

Sponsored Post

#2 Derek19

Derek19

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 950 posts
  • Interests:I like listening to music, watch movies I think look, and are really good, exercise, read, and computers including learning more about them, and what to do.

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:46 AM

"Happy 44th Birthday, Ibanez".

#3 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 672 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Rush, TV, art/art history, US politics, football (soccer) and most sports, reading non-fiction, rock music, not going out, cats (especially black and white tuxedo cats)

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:15 PM

Thank you both very much - Clockwork Angels blu ray one of my gifts,

View PostLorraine, on 12 August 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

Happy 44th, Ibanez!  Hope you have something wonderful planned to do today to celebrate!!

Posted Image

:cheers:
Thank you very much - had an expensive shopping day with my wife and one of my gifts is Clockwork Angels blu ray, so that's the next couple of hours sorted :rush:

#4 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 672 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Rush, TV, art/art history, US politics, football (soccer) and most sports, reading non-fiction, rock music, not going out, cats (especially black and white tuxedo cats)

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:15 PM

View PostDerek19, on 12 August 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

Thank you Derek.

#5 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 89763 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:18 PM

Was it really 44 years ago that they created these??

Posted Image

#6 Derek19

Derek19

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 950 posts
  • Interests:I like listening to music, watch movies I think look, and are really good, exercise, read, and computers including learning more about them, and what to do.

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:48 PM

View PostIbanezJem, on 12 August 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

View PostDerek19, on 12 August 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

Thank you Derek.

You're welcome, Ibanez.

#7 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 672 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:11 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 12 August 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

I think I was about 12 when I saw a poster of Vai and the shocking pink jem. Greatest thing I`d ever seen, before girls. Knew I could never be that cool ...

#8 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 89763 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:17 PM

View PostIbanezJem, on 12 August 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

I think I was about 12 when I saw a poster of Vai and the shocking pink jem. Greatest thing I`d ever seen, before girls. Knew I could never be that cool ...
That's 1987 which is about right. All of a sudden all the guitarists who used Jacksons and Charvels and ESPs started using Ibanez such as Vai, Satch Paul Gilbert and Vinnie Moore. It was Holdsworth who first used an Ibanez super strat though back in 1985 when he dropped his own Charvels.

Posted Image

#9 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 24843 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Blackhawks. Detroit Redwings. Guess which one I lied about.

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:35 PM

Happy Birthday, IJ! :cheerleader: :gumby: :cheerleader: 44, eh? Wasn't that the number of Monty Python episodes? :wub:

#10 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 8804 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:03 PM

:cheers:   Happy Birthday, Ibanez !! :cheers:   Best wishes- I hope it was a wonderful day for you!  The CA Blu ray sounds like a good start!  

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 67529 posts
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:25 PM

Happy Birthday!  Hope it was a good one!

:cheerleader:

#12 Tinwoodsman

Tinwoodsman

By-Tor on the Bayou

• Members
  • 22812 posts
  • Interests:pickin' 'n' grinnin'

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:37 AM

Happy Birthday!

#13 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 672 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:07 AM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 12 August 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

Happy Birthday, IJ! :cheerleader: :gumby: :cheerleader: 44, eh? Wasn't that the number of Monty Python episodes? :wub:
That's next year!  This year I am Dirty Harry's gun.

#14 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 672 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:10 AM

View Posttreeduck, on 12 August 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

That's 1987 which is about right. All of a sudden all the guitarists who used Jacksons and Charvels and ESPs started using Ibanez such as Vai, Satch Paul Gilbert and Vinnie Moore. It was Holdsworth who first used an Ibanez super strat though back in 1985 when he dropped his own Charvels.

Posted Image
Is Allan Holdsworth one of those guitarists I should investigate? EVH certainly mentioned him in interviews, back when he gave a ____.

#15 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 672 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:13 AM

View Postblueschica, on 12 August 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

:cheers:   Happy Birthday, Ibanez !! :cheers:   Best wishes- I hope it was a wonderful day for you!  The CA Blu ray sounds like a good start!  

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

That cat bears a very close resemblance to my shouty serial killer cat, Plato. And thank you :D

#16 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9439 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, Driving, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun,Talking with friends!

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:07 AM

Hope your Birthday was FINE, IJ! A friend of mine got an Alan Holdsworth album back in the mid seventies, and I can say YES! Check him out!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 89763 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:27 AM

View PostIbanezJem, on 13 August 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

Posted Image
Is Allan Holdsworth one of those guitarists I should investigate? EVH certainly mentioned him in interviews, back when he gave a ____.
Yeah you need to go out and buy all his solo albums ASAP! You won't regret it!

#18 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 672 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:33 AM

View Posttreeduck, on 13 August 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

Posted Image
Maybe there's a middle ground between having heard nothing at all and "buy all his solo albums ASAP". Appreciate the recommendation!

#19 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 89763 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:42 AM

View PostIbanezJem, on 13 August 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

Posted Image
Maybe there's a middle ground between having heard nothing at all and "buy all his solo albums ASAP". Appreciate the recommendation!
Well what you could do is get his recent best of album, it's actually got that same picture on the cover:

Posted Image

#20 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 672 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:10 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 13 August 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

View PostIbanezJem, on 13 August 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

Posted Image
Well what you could do is get his recent best of album, it's actually got that same picture on the cover:

Posted Image
Listened to a few excerpts, and his playing really reminds me of Vai 's early solo work and his Zappa era, and Steve Morse's Dixie Dregs stuff, so that must mean AH influenced them, chronologically speaking. I can live with that. But you didn't tell me he was dead! One day I'll like a musician or band that might actually make another record...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users