Four years ago!!

greyfriar

Wow.

I was there. Thanks to my brother who sprung big money for tickets. Jesus that was a pricy show.

The opening synth notes to Losing It sent a chill through the crowd. I remember that.

Also - I remember how drunk everyone was.

• Like 4

R. to l.: Tom Healey, Tombstone, Gina, ?, Grey, Rushman

Hey Lorraine, that's not Tom Healey on the far right. It's RobertRobyn! ;)

• Like 2

R. to l.: Tom Healey, Tombstone, Gina, ?, Grey, Rushman

Hey Lorraine, that's not Tom Healey on the far right. It's RobertRobyn! ;)

:facepalm:

I thought Tom was there?

Yeah he was there, but he's not on that photo. We shared a taxi to the show, so he was definitely there. Don't know where he was when the pic was taken though.

Edit: Haha, maybe he took the pic? I have no idea!

Edited by greyfriar
  • Like 1

Yup, it's RobertRobyn in the photo; or at least, it's not me (although equivalent amount of hair on me!!). Grey is hereby and hereinafter relieved of all liability of other culpability (spoken like a lawyer, eh?) re my absence from the photo. Grey is such a good guy. Be sure to send him a note saying "hi," even if you don't know him. Do it, right now. Seriously, before you read this further, do it. He's good folk; the best, and he will be sure to respond in kind.

W

hen the photo was taken before the show,

I was off at a parking lot south of the stadium, giving away my second ticket for the show to RushChic, a friend from 12+ years, who shared shows and smiles and life and boards and tix and stories and hugs and beers and friends and tee shirts and more beers and knuckle bumps and tunes and urinals (don't ask) and tears (at least, during Xanadu, that "final" night, when it meant the most) and lots and lots of laughs with me over the years at and before and after a dozen Rush shows. When I found out that my brother, He Plays Bass, wouldn't fly to LA for the final gig (ever), I gave RushChic my ticket (Section C (center), Row 2, seat 1), on two conditions. She had to actually be in the seat next to me for the whole show, without exception or excuse, and she had to buy me the first beer of the night. And as you'd expect of a good Rush fan, she followed through on both points. No one other than He Plays Bass that I wanted next to me for such an emotional event. I made the right call.

And as it turned out, I would up in Neil's final photo of the fans from the drum riser, proving both that I was there (as Grey, x1yyz, and Tombstone Mountain will attest, because they got me to the LA show (and, most thankfully, got what was left of me after the show out of the Steve Harvey's Fried Chicken parking lot and safely back to my hotel)), and that Neil has better photo skills than John A, who would have gotten my besodden, orange-capped head blotted out of the final fan photo ever by high hat or lunar eclipse or raised fist or bass headstock or Neil's tubeteika or intentional deletion or explosives or Alex's butt or whatever. I'm in that photo, ten seconds before the band ended. I think that means that the weight of history is on me!

• Like 7

Yup, it's RobertRobyn in the photo; or at least, it's not me (although equivalent amount of hair on me!!). Grey is hereby and hereinafter relieved of all liability of other culpability (spoken like a lawyer, eh?) re my absence from the photo. Grey is such a good guy. Be sure to send him a note saying "hi," even if you don't know him. Do it, right now. Seriously, before you read this further, do it. He's good folk; the best, and he will be sure to respond in kind...

:blush:

• Like 1

It was great hanging with you guys for my 60th and final show

11060085_10153098237216297_8392336067976794363_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQkbZCKYz2481Eg70yhUZVvTvZ8qYR-ZtOcfZqcNyGhHUsYWObO1b32M_FSfUrY9gUQGlpB7RY_3sTTRxwTf1vOq&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=0917327817f87602d13b535fe8ca4c4a&oe=5DDC1DC4

Man...seeing that pic really makes it burn that I passed on attending.

:banghead:

Why man why did you pass?

8+ hour drive, and I had seen them twice
  • Like 2

11060085_10153098237216297_8392336067976794363_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQkbZCKYz2481Eg70yhUZVvTvZ8qYR-ZtOcfZqcNyGhHUsYWObO1b32M_FSfUrY9gUQGlpB7RY_3sTTRxwTf1vOq&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=0917327817f87602d13b535fe8ca4c4a&oe=5DDC1DC4

No excuse! I drove from north Georgia to Toronto, then on to Montreal to see them! Besides, seeing them at every stop still wouldn't have been enough!

• Like 2

No excuse! I drove from north Georgia to Toronto, then on to Montreal to see them! Besides, seeing them at every stop still wouldn't have been enough!

Yeah, I know. Big regrets about it... :(
  • Like 1

That's the spirit, man! :cheers: Would love to hear more stories from that trip...

R40 was an unbelievable experience for me. I flew in 9,297(google)km from Frankfurt to LA. I had no ticket when I first booked this flight, and somehow strangely a "TRF Angel" appeared. Right out of that nowhere I ended up somewhere, in Inglewood... Last show... 3rd row... Geddy's side!! I still can smell The Forum!!! :smoke:

The greatest and most important Rock'n'Roll trip in my life! :rush:

Thanks for the ticket, Gina!!!

Edited by greyfriar
  • Like 5

You go, Grey! Those who weren't there can write about it. Those who were there can sit back and smile!!

Although I have to admit, my confusion rests not so much with how I got to the LA concert, but rather, with how I got back to my hotel room from the desolate parking lot of Steve Harvey's Chicken Shack!! Thank you Tombstone Mountain, wherever you might be!!

• Like 5

Lots of great memories, so glad I got to go with my sister to the Maverik Center in SLC :LOL: . That was my 3rd show and we sat on Geddy's side of the stage. :clap: Took a picture of the screen with the R40 logo and have used it on my phone and other places.

I didn't get in on a lot of the Periscope threads but the ones I did were so much fun. I seem to remember chatting with Tom (some trivia about Absalom Absalom??) and I made sure after I had seen the show here, I watched as many as I could. Got to see most of the LA show, it was very emotional when Neil came out from behind the drums (he never does that) and they took their final bows.. :(

• Like 3

You go, Grey! Those who weren't there can write about it. Those who were there can sit back and smile!!

Although I have to admit, my confusion rests not so much with how I got to the LA concert, but rather, with how I got back to my hotel room from the desolate parking lot of Steve Harvey's Chicken Shack!! Thank you Tombstone Mountain, wherever you might be!!

I talked to Tombstone here a couple of months back, he’s around...busy guy, being the sheriff, mayor and chief magistrate of Goatnut and all.

• Like 4