Jump to content


Four years ago!!


21 replies to this topic

#1 greyfriar

greyfriar

    River Rhine BurgerMeister

  • Members
  • 9498 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rheinsheim
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 01 August 2019 - 06:29 AM

:sigh:
https://www.timeandd...ve at The Forum

Sponsored Post

#2 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 534 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:07 AM

Wow.

I was there. Thanks to my brother who sprung big money for tickets. Jesus that was a pricy show.

The opening synth notes to Losing It sent a chill through the crowd. I remember that.

Also - I remember how drunk everyone was.

#3 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 48059 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 01 August 2019 - 10:59 AM

View Postgreyfriar, on 01 August 2019 - 06:29 AM, said:


What memories for you!

We had such a grand time on those periscope threads.

#4 Rushman14

Rushman14

    Mr. Hollywood

  • Members *
  • 12329 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles

Posted 01 August 2019 - 11:01 AM

It was great hanging with you guys for my 60th and final show

Posted Image

#5 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 48059 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 01 August 2019 - 04:05 PM

R. to l.:  Edit:  Oops! I mean RobertRobyn, Tombstone, Gina, ?, Grey, Rushman

Edited by Lorraine, 01 August 2019 - 05:38 PM.


#6 Rushman14

Rushman14

    Mr. Hollywood

  • Members *
  • 12329 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles

Posted 01 August 2019 - 04:16 PM

View PostLorraine, on 01 August 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

R. to l.: Tom Healey, Tombstone, Gina, ?, Grey, Rushman

I forget his member name...

#7 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 48059 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 01 August 2019 - 04:32 PM

View PostRushman14, on 01 August 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 01 August 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

R. to l.: Tom Healey, Tombstone, Gina, ?, Grey, Rushman

I forget his member name...
You've mentioned it before, but he must've been before my time because it never rang a bell with me.

#8 greyfriar

greyfriar

    River Rhine BurgerMeister

  • Members
  • 9498 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rheinsheim
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 01 August 2019 - 05:33 PM

View PostLorraine, on 01 August 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

R. to l.: Tom Healey, Tombstone, Gina, ?, Grey, Rushman
Hey Lorraine, that's not Tom Healey on the far right. It's RobertRobyn! ;)

#9 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 48059 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 01 August 2019 - 05:36 PM

View Postgreyfriar, on 01 August 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 01 August 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

R. to l.: Tom Healey, Tombstone, Gina, ?, Grey, Rushman
Hey Lorraine, that's not Tom Healey on the far right. It's RobertRobyn! ;)

:facepalm:

I thought Tom was there?

Edited by Lorraine, 01 August 2019 - 05:37 PM.


#10 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 48059 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 01 August 2019 - 05:38 PM

View PostLorraine, on 01 August 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

R. to l.:  Edit:  Oops! I mean RobertRobyn, Tombstone, Gina, ?, Grey, Rushman

Fixed!  :)

#11 greyfriar

greyfriar

    River Rhine BurgerMeister

  • Members
  • 9498 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rheinsheim
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 02 August 2019 - 07:36 PM

View PostLorraine, on 01 August 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

View Postgreyfriar, on 01 August 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 01 August 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

R. to l.: Tom Healey, Tombstone, Gina, ?, Grey, Rushman
Hey Lorraine, that's not Tom Healey on the far right. It's RobertRobyn! ;)

:facepalm:

I thought Tom was there?

Yeah he was there, but he's not on that photo. We shared a taxi to the show, so he was definitely there. Don't know where he was when the pic was taken though.

Edit: Haha, maybe he took the pic? I have no idea!

Edited by greyfriar, 02 August 2019 - 07:39 PM.


#12 Mystic Slipperman

Mystic Slipperman

    From Genesis to Armageddon

  • Members
  • 3284 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles
  • Interests:Playing and writing music.

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:16 PM

I was there too, although I wasn't participating much on the Forum at that time, and was traveling with a big group of my own...

Amazing show, and very emotional.

Can't believe it's been 4 years....

#13 tomhealey

tomhealey

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 615 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oak Park, IL

Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:44 AM

Yup, it's RobertRobyn in the photo; or at least, it's not me (although equivalent amount of hair on me!!).  Grey is hereby and hereinafter relieved of all liability of other culpability (spoken like a lawyer, eh?) re my absence from the photo.  Grey is such a good guy.  Be sure to send him a note saying "hi," even if you don't know him.  Do it, right now.  Seriously, before you read this further, do it.  He's good folk; the best, and he will be sure to respond in kind.
W

hen the photo was taken before the show,

I was off at a parking lot south of the stadium, giving away my second ticket for the show to RushChic, a friend from 12+ years, who shared shows and smiles and life and boards and tix and stories and hugs and beers and friends and tee shirts and more beers and knuckle bumps and tunes and urinals (don't ask) and tears (at least, during Xanadu, that "final" night, when it meant the most) and lots and lots of laughs with me over the years at and before and after a dozen Rush shows.  When I found out that my brother, He Plays Bass, wouldn't fly to LA for the final gig (ever), I gave RushChic my ticket (Section C (center), Row 2, seat 1), on two conditions.  She had to actually be in the seat next to me for the whole show, without exception or excuse, and she had to buy me the first beer of the night.  And as you'd expect of a good Rush fan, she followed through on both points.  No one other than He Plays Bass that I wanted next to me for such an emotional event.  I made the right call.
And as it turned out, I would up in Neil's final photo of the fans from the drum riser, proving both that I was there (as Grey, x1yyz, and Tombstone Mountain will attest, because they got me to the LA show (and, most thankfully, got what was left of me after the show out of the Steve Harvey's Fried Chicken parking lot and safely back to my hotel)), and that Neil has better photo skills than John A, who would have gotten my besodden, orange-capped head blotted out of the final fan photo ever by high hat or lunar eclipse or raised fist or bass headstock or Neil's tubeteika or intentional deletion or explosives or Alex's butt or whatever.  I'm in that photo, ten seconds before the band ended.  I think that means that the weight of history is on me!

#14 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 48059 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 26 August 2019 - 01:04 PM

I doubt that any other band has fans like Rush fans.

If I said they're the best, it wouldn't be enough.

Tom's post speaks for itself.

:notworthy: :rush: :notworthy: :rush: :notworthy: :rush: :notworthy: :rush: :notworthy: :rush: :notworthy: :rush: :notworthy:

Edited by Lorraine, 26 August 2019 - 01:06 PM.


#15 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 90189 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:43 PM

View PostLorraine, on 26 August 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

I doubt that any other band has fans like Rush fans.

If I said they're the best, it wouldn't be enough.

Tom's post speaks for itself.

:notworthy: :rush: :notworthy: :rush: :notworthy: :rush: :notworthy: :rush: :notworthy: :rush: :notworthy: :rush: :notworthy:
Posted Image

#16 greyfriar

greyfriar

    River Rhine BurgerMeister

  • Members
  • 9498 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rheinsheim
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 30 August 2019 - 07:56 PM

View Posttomhealey, on 25 August 2019 - 01:44 AM, said:

Yup, it's RobertRobyn in the photo; or at least, it's not me (although equivalent amount of hair on me!!).  Grey is hereby and hereinafter relieved of all liability of other culpability (spoken like a lawyer, eh?) re my absence from the photo.  Grey is such a good guy.  Be sure to send him a note saying "hi," even if you don't know him.  Do it, right now.  Seriously, before you read this further, do it.  He's good folk; the best, and he will be sure to respond in kind...
:blush:

#17 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 69076 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 07 September 2019 - 03:22 PM

View PostRushman14, on 01 August 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

It was great hanging with you guys for my 60th and final show

Posted Image
Man...seeing that pic really makes it burn that I passed on attending.

:banghead:

#18 Rushman14

Rushman14

    Mr. Hollywood

  • Members *
  • 12329 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:29 AM

View Postgoose, on 07 September 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

View PostRushman14, on 01 August 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

It was great hanging with you guys for my 60th and final show

Posted Image
Man...seeing that pic really makes it burn that I passed on attending.

:banghead:

Why man why did you pass?

#19 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 69076 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:36 PM

View PostRushman14, on 11 September 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 07 September 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

View PostRushman14, on 01 August 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

It was great hanging with you guys for my 60th and final show

Posted Image
Man...seeing that pic really makes it burn that I passed on attending.

:banghead:

Why man why did you pass?
8+ hour drive, and I had seen them twice

#20 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2173 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:25 AM

View Postgoose, on 11 September 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

View PostRushman14, on 11 September 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

View Postgoose, on 07 September 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

View PostRushman14, on 01 August 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

It was great hanging with you guys for my 60th and final show

Posted Image
Man...seeing that pic really makes it burn that I passed on attending.

:banghead:

Why man why did you pass?
8+ hour drive, and I had seen them twice

No excuse! I drove from north Georgia to Toronto, then on to Montreal to see them! Besides, seeing them at every stop still wouldn't have been enough!



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users