I Had Yet Another Amazing Dream Last Night With Geddy And Alex!!

RUSHHEAD666

I know many of us have shared our dreams about RUSH on here over the many many years.

I had one last night that I just had to share.

It was short and sweet!

So I was in this huge garage and I was setting up this huge amazing drum set. Very much like Neil's Tama kits from the early 80's. All organic kit. No electronic SIMMONS pads.

So when I put the kit together I grabbed some stick and started to play it. It was really weird. I looked down at the bass drum pedals and I could see that my feet were literally connected to the foot pedals.

I was literally part of the drum kit.

Then I looked over to my right and Geddy and Alex came in with their instruments.

They said, "Ok Earl, this is your one chance to try out for a Rush Reunion. We are going to run through "Closer To The Heart."

"If you can play it perfect then you will be touring with us again in 2020."

I was nervous as all can be but then it was sooooooooooo surreal.

I literally played the whole song in my dream. I remember it like it was two minutes ago. It was incredible. I even did that phat fill at the end that Neil does live!

I went across like ten toms from my left all the way down to the huge floor tom on my right! I nailed it and I made the band!!

Then I woke up with a racing heart instead!

It was so intense!! Being a lucid dreamer can be a blessing and a curse.

Dedicated to Johnny Blaze

LOL

Inside jokes rule.

Signed,

Dave Weckl

That one goes way back.

• Like 6

Earl is having sex dreams about Peart now! This is how much he misses Wendy??? :facepalm:

The Rhythm Method

Well I am a drummer and to quote George Thorogood, "I prefer to be by myself." I beat to my own drummer.

Them women cum and go like the wind.

I truly am living my life in reverse. For that I am amazed.

I would prefer to still be married especially living on the planet in today's world.

Dating sucks but it's been a wild four year run.

I will never marry again.

I have my awesome girls and I finally made an ep that's on Apple Music and something strange called a compact disc.

Johnny, I've been working hard with my dad every day and I can't get to the post office.

To all of my friends on here who want a cd I have bubble wrapped them and put them in bubble mailers.

I just need to get my ass to the post office.

Hoping for tomorrow or Friday.

A lot of these cds are going all over the world.

So be patient everyone!!!!

I hate that the cut "The Rhythm Method" short on the "A Show Of Hands" cd and laser disc and dvd.

Pissed me off really.

I remember buying "Exit Stage Left" on VHS as a kid.

I was sooooooooooo excited to buy it. I raced home on my bike and put it in the machine.

It was like Christmas morning to me.

But then when it got to the drum solo fuckking Neil was talking over it and it was just some stupid edit of the solo. I actually wept in sadness and anger.

I was thinking that I was going to see Neil do the entire solo on film like on the record.

I used to play that damn solo on my drums even back then.

I was crushed.

I missed the "Hold Your Fire" Tour because RUSH wanted seating on the floor and Bill Graham wanted cattle human standing.

So Rush said fuckk off Bill.

Same thing happened on the "Signals" Tour.

I was going to go but Bill and RUSH did not get along with the seating stuff.

So I luckily saw "GUP" in 1984. Changed my life.

• Like 1

Earl is having sex dreams about Peart now! This is how much he misses Wendy??? :facepalm:

The Rhythm Method

Well I am a drummer and to quote George Thorogood, "I prefer to be by myself." I beat to my own drummer.

I would prefer to still be married especially living on the planet in today's world.

I have my awesome girls and I finally made an ep that's on Apple Music and something strange called a compact disc.

Johnny, I've been working hard with my dad every day and I can't get to the post office.

To all of my friends on here who want a cd I have bubble wrapped them and put them in bubble mailers.

I hate that the cut "The Rhythm Method" short on the "A Show Of Hands" cd and laser disc and dvd.

Pissed me off really.

I was sooooooooooo excited to buy it. I raced home on my bike and put it in the machine.

But then when it got to the drum solo fuckking Neil was talking over it and it was just some stupid edit of the solo. I actually wept in sadness and anger.

I was thinking that I was going to see Neil do the entire solo on film like on the record.

I was crushed.

I missed the "Hold Your Fire" Tour because RUSH wanted seating on the floor and Bill Graham wanted cattle human standing.

The first time I saw that Exit...Stage Left concert footage was when MTV first showed it in the early 80s. And yeah, that was disappointing to hear Neil talking over the solo

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

The interesting factoid on my first Rush show and I've written about it before on here but I had nose bleeds with my buddy Steve.

We went down to the lobby section to try and sneak into some seats.

A couple of kids told us that there was going to be a bunch of kids that were going to dare I say "Bum Rush the stage?" LOL

This dude was like

"Ok when they kick in with "Tom Sawyer" about 30 of us are going to run down onto the floor and hit the front of the stage!"

I was just a skinny 16 year old nerd but hell I was in!

So surely enough right when "TS" kicked in about twenty of us ran down and went onto the floor.

It was stupid and scary but by pure luck I was shoved right underneath Geddy and the barrier.

The chairs were folded in and there wasn't enough security.

The seating section turned into a pit at the Cow Palace in SF!

I was petrified but I held on to the barrier wall and gazed up into Geddy's concerned eyes!

Geddy looked very upset and I thought they were going to stop the show and tell everyone in the front to stop pushing and shoving.

The the boys kept playing and yours truly was a 16 year old Analog Kid in Heaven!

I was in the front just in time to see Neil's drum solo on his red 360 degree kit. I was in awe and I had to pinch myself.

I remember that show like it was today.

I'm getting chills just typing about it.

It was beyond EPIC.

Hence my personal passion and love for RUSH was now a true live reality.

I've never looked back in my 0ver 30 years of seeing RUSH live all over North America.

I have no regrets.

Rush will be my band until my last breath.

Being able to meet Neil by his bus on the Vapor Trails Tour didn't go so well but it was an amazing encounter with him.

Doing the GUP IV Train Tour was one of the greatest trips of my life. Lee and Lifeson! The greatest!!!

Then saying hi to Geddy again at a Blue Jay game behind home plate this April. WOW!

One hell of a run!!!

Hoping more Rush encounters to come in the future. :)

• Like 2

The Rhythm Method

Pissed me off really.

I was crushed.

The first time I saw that Exit...Stage Left concert footage was when MTV first showed it in the early 80s. And yeah, that was disappointing to hear Neil talking over the solo

Yes JB!!! Very disappointing!!! It killed my young soul.

Yet here I am!

Still causing havoc and stirring the pot on the best Forum ever!

This is the only social media thing I'm on.

Been on eHarmony as well.

Like shooting fish out of a barrel. LOL!

Not a fan of eHarmony.

Just give me "The Rhythm Method" and an ice cold beer. LOL!

• Like 1

Aren't dreams something, Earl? Some of them are so real.

I've had dreams about Rush too. Neil alone, and Alex and Geddy are always together. I don't think I've even dreamed about just Geddy or just Alex.

And Eddie Van Halen. :).

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I've had dreams about Rush too. Neil alone, and Alex and Geddy are always together. I don't think I've even dreamed about just Geddy or just Alex.

Yes Lorraine! You seem to be a lucid dreamer as well. I've actually studied lucid dreaming. Out of 7 levels I'm a 6. Sometimes I can be aware inside my dreams and control them. Very rare but once in a blue moon. I'm drinking one now. Lol!

Level 7 must be the Freddie Kruger Stage. Lol! "DREAM WARRIORS!"

Love,

DOKKEN

• Like 1

Yes Lorraine! You seem to be a lucid dreamer as well. I've actually studied lucid dreaming. Out of 7 levels I'm a 6. Sometimes I can be aware inside my dreams and control them. Very rare but once in a blue moon. I'm drinking one now. Lol!

Love,

DOKKEN

Earl, can you fly in your dreams? I mean literally? I can. I used to be able to all the time when I was a little girl, then I stopped being able to during midlife. About 10 or so years ago, I started being able to again. :)

• Like 1

Love,

DOKKEN

Earl, can you fly in your dreams? I mean literally? I can. I used to be able to all the time when I was a little girl, then I stopped being able to during midlife. About 10 or so years ago, I started being able to again. :)

Incredible off topic discussion with you on a Rush Dreamline Thread! LOL!

Oh wow Lorraine.

Yes! I fly all the time in my dreams. Still.

I also dream of the ocean nightly. Always escaping danger on land into a black safe ocean. Always swimming with whales and orcas. Always dreaming of ocean waves crashing into the beach and up against a condo that I am in.

Huge waves crashing all around me yet always being safe and secure.

Flying and swimming in the ocean.

Yes my dear.

I still remember intense lucid dreams when I was a small boy too.

Vivid like they happened yesterday.

I could write screenplays about some of my dreams.

My lucid dreams have also told me the future. Very rare but it has happened.

I am glad you are finding your lucid dreams again.

It's an incredible gift to have.

You know I have no filter and I type stuff I shouldn't on a public forum but hey, it doesn't matter to me.

I still dream of Wendy, my ex wife all the time. I think she was my soul mate yet things still went wrong. Perhaps my subconscious still dreams of her because I was with her for over 21 years.

My dreams with Wendy are very vivid, wild and incredible. That's a PG rated line.

Sometimes I wake up and I think I'm still with her.

But then reality sets in. My racing heart palpitates like pouring rain drops hitting a restless ocean.

But I calm down and get up for work.

It is what it is.

One day at a time.

Love you Lorraine.

I really am a happy human minus some minor pain.

• Like 1

Love,

DOKKEN

Incredible off topic discussion with you on a Rush Dreamline Thread! LOL!

Oh wow Lorraine.

Yes! I fly all the time in my dreams. Still.

I also dream of the ocean nightly. Always escaping danger on land into a black safe ocean. Always swimming with whales and orcas. Always dreaming of ocean waves crashing into the beach and up against a condo that I am in.

Huge waves crashing all around me yet always being safe and secure.

Flying and swimming in the ocean.

Yes my dear.

I still remember intense lucid dreams when I was a small boy too.

Vivid like they happened yesterday.

I could write screenplays about some of my dreams.

My lucid dreams have also told me the future. Very rare but it has happened.

I am glad you are finding your lucid dreams again.

It's an incredible gift to have.

You know I have no filter and I type stuff I shouldn't on a public forum but hey, it doesn't matter to me.

I still dream of Wendy, my ex wife all the time. I think she was my soul mate yet things still went wrong. Perhaps my subconscious still dreams of her because I was with her for over 21 years.

My dreams with Wendy are very vivid, wild and incredible. That's a PG rated line.

Sometimes I wake up and I think I'm still with her.

But then reality sets in. My racing heart palpitates like pouring rain drops hitting a restless ocean.

But I calm down and get up for work.

It is what it is.

One day at a time.

Love you Lorraine.

I really am a happy human minus some minor pain.

I still remember dreams from my youth too, especially as a child. Not so much these days unless it's an extraordinary dream, and I rarely have any of those anymore. Except when I dream about Eddie Van Halen, and he's always still married to Valerie Bertinelli in my dreams. :LOL:

Sounds to me like no one will ever take Wendy's place in your life, Earl. She must've been some woman to have locked your heart up all for herself.

:hug2: :hi:

Edited by Lorraine