All 180 Rush songs ranked from #180 to #1

driventotheedge

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/best-rush-songs-ranked

One guy's opinion obviously. He's a real and true fan for sure though, not some douchebag critic. I certainly don't agree with everything he has to say here and of course disagree with some of his rankings but it's a good read and food for thought/discussion.

• Like 1

5. Cygnus X-1

4. Tom Sawyer

3. 2112

2. Red Barchetta

1. Too Much Time On My Hands

;) ;)

• Like 4

Stopped reading as soon as I saw that #180 was not Power of Right or whatever that horrible, insipid pool of vomit on T4E is called. Not only the worst Rush song, probably in the top five worst songs by anyone, ever.
  • Like 1

I don't agree with a lot of what he put at the bottom, and his style got irritating really

Turn the page...

I agree, I enjoy Garden Road and some of the others he listed in the bottom 15. And where were Tai Shan and Dog Years? We joke about them a lot but they are truly poor songs, IMO.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Stopped reading as soon as I saw that #180 was not Power of Right or whatever that horrible, insipid pool of vomit on T4E is called. Not only the worst Rush song, probably in the top five worst songs by anyone, ever.

You’re so full of what is right

You can’t see what is true

((Actually, it’s near the bottom for me too))

• Like 1

5. Cygnus X-1

4. Tom Sawyer

3. 2112

2. Red Barchetta

1. Too Much Time On My Hands

;) ;)

That's Styx. *clap clap*

The Boys got together in secret and did a cover of the tune, just for occasions like this. :LOL:

Obviously there's plenty to question with a ranking of that many songs. But what really stuck out for me was Countdown at #12. I mean I like the song, but it ain't nowhere near their top 20.

Also bizarre that he considers 51 songs to be worse than Tai Shan.

• Like 4

"High Water" at #174!? Dude...come on...I LOVE that song!!!!!! The way that Geddy's vocals just seem to 'flow" just does it for me...AND "Second Nature"!?..I must highly disagreed with ya here, and I know that 80s Rush get put down WAYYYYY too often, but I fell in love with them on this...I agreed that "Tai Shan" IS the lowest (see how I am nice??) song, I love them anyway..And "Time Stand Still" is my most top 5-ish of Rush song..."Tears' is so beautiful to me..at #96!? "Open Secrets" is amazing, I play this song to death on YT!! And yes, really, dude, "Countdown" at #12...ok, I will give ya that one...
  • Like 1

Obviously there's plenty to question with a ranking of that many songs. But what really stuck out for me was Countdown at #12. I mean I like the song, but it ain't nowhere near their top 20.

Also bizarre that he considers 51 songs to be worse than Tai Shan.

Lol!!!!!

The Rush song is called "the Color of Right". From "Test For Echo", I've liked that song as it's one of my favorites off of it, and I've always liked that c.d., and album. The only song I wish was better is "Dog Years". From "Hold Your Fire", I've liked "Open Secrets", and "Second Nature" as those two songs have been close to my favorite ones off of that c.d., and album, and I've always liked that c.d., and album, too. Just like "Dog Years", I wish "Tai Shan" was better. From "Signals", "Countdown", always has been my favorite off of that c.d., and album. My top three favorite Rush songs are "Xanadu", which is always, and will be my number one favorite, with "Jacob's Ladder" as my second favorite, and "the Camera Eye" as my third favorite.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

I don't know what my list would look like, but you can call me Susan if I put Circumstances at No.90. I stopped reading after that as I had to regain my composure.
  • Like 3

When i saw Double Agent, Time and Motion and Here Again at 178, 177 and 176 respectively, I stopped scrolling down

His enthusiasm in the intro was appreciated though