I'm Almost Speechless

Lorraine

I was just sitting here and heard something. Sounded like someone was walking around my property and I turned in time to see a man put something on my doorstep and walk away.

Going quickly to the window, I got there in time to see a Federal Express truck drive off.

Ran to the door and saw a very large box sitting there. I hadn't ordered anything big enough for the size of the box. Upon looking at the return address, I see a law firm in Chicago. I panicked.

What if someone was suing me for something???????

What did I do wrong????????

I shook the box and it sounded like there were documents. Someone was suing me. That must be it. In the box was a massive Complaint and other documents. But I didn't do anything wrong, so what was I being sued for???

You should have seen me trying to get it open. It was taped very well. i managed to slit through it without cutting myself.

I honestly don't know what to say. I wasn't even sure what section to put this in because I wanted to make sure everyone saw this since I have no idea who was involved in this, or even whose idea it was.

Did Geddy really autograph that???????? :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

My eyes are full of tears. There are no words to express my emotions at this moment.

Who do I thank???? But thank you isn't enough!

The only thing I can think of to say right now is this - never before in my life, certainly not in person - not ever, have I encountered the type of people that I have found on here. Since I first got here, you've treated me like this.

You've given me so much.

From my heart, I thank you! :heart: :kisshug: :hug2:

EDIT: Forgot to mention that there was a birthday card included inside the beautiful book. :) Another very thoughtful gesture.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 26

I have no idea about anything about a package, but I'm super happy for you and proud to be a part of a forum where people do these things for each other!
  • Like 6

I have no idea about anything about a package, but I'm super happy for you and proud to be a part of a forum where people do these things for each other!

You don't know how fortunate you are to have stumbled upon this place. I don't think there is another one like it on the worldwide web

• Like 3

Wow. That’s fantastic.

Laura, it looks like Geddy autographed it.

This is what it says:

Hi Lorraine, TRF's "Dial-up Diva"

Rejoice &

Happy B-Day

And then it's Geddy's signature. :)

I don't own a phone to take a picture of it and post it on here. If I did, I would do it. You all should see it.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 9

I'm so glad you got it!! A little TRF bird might have told me (lol what my mom always said) that you would be getting a package today. It's a gorgeous book and so exciting that Geddy autographed it for you! :ebert: :ebert: People here are wonderful. :heart:
  • Like 4

I'm so glad you got it!! A little TRF bird might have told me (lol what my mom always said) that you would be getting a package today. It's a gorgeous book and so exciting that Geddy autographed it for you! :ebert: :ebert: People here are wonderful. :heart:

Becky, they are! It's a one of a kind place.

I remember that day when I was looking for a Rush forum to join. I had a few to choose from. Divine providence led me here, of that I have no doubt.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

I remember that day when I was looking for a Rush forum to join. I have a few to choose from. Divine providence led me here, of that I have no doubt.

I love his personalization for you! Word of the TRF's famous "Dial Up Diva" has spread! :LOL:

• Like 2

I remember that day when I was looking for a Rush forum to join. I have a few to choose from. Divine providence led me here, of that I have no doubt.

I love his personalization for you! Word of the TRF's famous "Dial Up Diva" has spread! :LOL:

He did put it in quotation marks too. It was written just as i typed it out.

• Like 1

What in the world are you talking about?

Where did Geddy sign anything?

I was sent a gift of Geddy's bass book from members here, and Geddy autographed it.

Thank you for crarifying! That is a great present!

• Like 1

For a birthday present, and gift, and any type of present, and gift, receiving, and getting an unexpected autographed copy of "Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Book of Bass" is something, which should be cherished for years to come. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

Rush fans are the best. And this forum has the best of the best :)

This is a beautiful thing to do. Someone waved their magic wand and changed your heart overnight :)

• Like 1

This is the best birthday present you can have for someone that surely knew you well. You receive what you give... :angel:
  • Like 2

What in the world are you talking about?

Where did Geddy sign anything?

I was sent a gift of Geddy's bass book from members here, and Geddy autographed it.

Thank you for crarifying! That is a great present!

That's lacist!

• Like 2