2019-20 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

Liverpool through to the knock-out rounds! Actually, all the British clubs are through, so, there's that.

And now it looks like they're gonna buy one of RBS's forwards, who ran VVD ragged during the first half this week. That's the spirit, 'pool!

Is the Champions League headed for another all English final?

Will your vacation involve going to Europe to watch some matches, then? :dweez:

With the way these championships are set up, I'd need a guide to get me through it all. I'm afraid it'll be just me and my laptop. :fuckinputer:
  • Like 1

LFC 2-0 ManUre! A great match from beginning to end, just tense enough to keep the anxiety up, but Liverpool playing well throughout, and the Salah goal was a thing of beauty. Nothing quite so sweet as the bitter tears of an arch-rival.

The title chase goes on!

Next stop: Wolves (here's hoping for some reason Adama Traore can't play; that guy looks like a linebacker and runs like a wide receiver).

UP THE REDS

Okay, so the Reds suffered a little setback in Madrid, but they've got another chance at home, and I like the odds. Meanwhile, they keep rolling along in the league!

Closer and closer creeps the title!

YNWA!!!!

WHOA, Watford puts 3 on Liverpool AND a clean sheet? Smh!

Yeah, so, uh, what ha' happened, see, uh . . . .

So there's a good reminder of why the Premier League is so competitive; have an off day against the number 19 team and they will kick you in the head, steal your date, and drive off in your car.

Time for silver linings: with the winning streak over, they get to stop answering questions about when the winning streak will end!

On to the FA Cup.

So there's a good reminder of why the Premier League is so competitive; have an off day against the number 19 team and they will kick you in the head, steal your date, and drive off in your car.

Time for silver linings: with the winning streak over, they get to stop answering questions about when the winning streak will end!

On to the FA Cup.

As a Spurs fan, I am nearly at the schadenfreude stage of the season. I would have enjoyed it had you passed the Arsenal invincibles record, but then in the UK Liverpool supporters can be quite intolerable... I mean how many records and trophies do you need in one season :tsk: Edited by IbanezJem

On to the FA Cup.

but then in the UK Liverpool supporters can be quite intolerable... I mean how many records and trophies due you need in one season :tsk:

Ha, back during the start of the "British Invasion", way before I took an interest in soccer, my sister had this tabloid type fan mag about "The Beatles vs The Dave Clark 5" , including comparisons of each bands neighborhoods. It even mentioned the rows Liverpool & Tottenham fans would get into during matches.

Oh well, given the state and content of some the the chants and songs during thegames, I'm not surprised.

As a Spurs fan, I am nearly at the schadenfreude stage of the season. I would have enjoyed it had you passed the Arsenal invincibles record, but then in the UK Liverpool supporters can be quite intolerable... I mean how many records and trophies due you need in one season :tsk:

All of them!

Looks like the Jose experiment is not quite working out, eh? Of course, not having either of your best strikers can't help . . .

On to the FA Cup.

but then in the UK Liverpool supporters can be quite intolerable... I mean how many records and trophies due you need in one season :tsk:

Ha, back during the start of the "British Invasion", way before I took an interest in soccer, my sister had this tabloid type fan mag about "The Beatles vs The Dave Clark 5" , including comparisons of each bands neighborhoods. It even mentioned the rows Liverpool & Tottenham fans would get into during matches.

Oh well, given the state and content of some the the chants and songs during thegames, I'm not surprised.

In my lifetime, it's not been much of a rivalry!

As a Spurs fan, I am nearly at the schadenfreude stage of the season. I would have enjoyed it had you passed the Arsenal invincibles record, but then in the UK Liverpool supporters can be quite intolerable... I mean how many records and trophies due you need in one season :tsk:

All of them!

Looks like the Jose experiment is not quite working out, eh? Of course, not having either of your best strikers can't help . . .

Who knew having one striker, one whom is increasingly prone to injury, could go wrong ... I`ll give Jose a break until he's had a preseason and sorted some long term issues. Nobody really thought the decent times under Poch would last, but he is missed.

So Liverpool's stumbles continue . . . but it looks like COVID-19 might put an end to the season anyway. It's a good thing Liverpool's winning the league is everything but mathematically certain; that way, when they get awarded the trophy, nobody should bitch too much!

YNWA

So Liverpool's stumbles continue . . . but it looks like COVID-19 might put an end to the season anyway. It's a good thing Liverpool's winning the league is everything but mathematically certain; that way, when they get awarded the trophy, nobody should bitch too much!

YNWA

There's also a question of relegation. How do you sort that out? The way I see it, if this virus stays with us another six months, all league outcomes so far, except for those in Turkey and Russia should be erased, with no winners. We don't even know if EURO 2020 will be played. Not to mention all the Champions League problems...

Belarus still playing soccer. The last man standing so to speak. I have to say, officiating there is a disgrace. Missed penalties, penalties given for bogus reasons, even corner kicks not awarded where valid. But when there's nothing else out there...
  • Like 1

YNWA

There's also a question of relegation. How do you sort that out? The way I see it, if this virus stays with us another six months, all league outcomes so far, except for those in Turkey and Russia should be erased, with no winners. We don't even know if EURO 2020 will be played. Not to mention all the Champions League problems...

In its Bottom Line ESPN mentioned Brescia probably being dumped from Serie A. The area was particularly hard hit by the virus.

Euro 2020 has been postponed, which is a good thing bearing in mind the insane Platini-legacy of multiple cities. My biggest concern is Leeds and the magnificent Bielsa - he must not be lost to English football, and I really want him in the Prem.

They'll probably find a way to play some sort of promotion playoffs/settle the champions league/relegation places. Even if it's the teams who are mathematically still involved. With the Euros moved, the Prem will be probably use all the time they've got.

YNWA

In its Bottom Line ESPN mentioned Brescia probably being dumped from Serie A. The area was particularly hard hit by the virus.

Yeah, especially when the owner of Brescia said that if they're forced to play, the team will not show up and give all they're opponents walkovers. On the other hand, Juventus doesn't want the title, leading Lazio by only one point...

I'm so bored, I just watched a replay of the second leg of the Chile-USSR 1974 World Cup qualifier. All 30 seconds of it. :wacko:

Sky Sports are showing pretty much everything from their archives, so at the moment EFL Cup final 2013 Swansea vs. Bradford is on, or I could catch the play-off semis and finals from 2015. I`m actually coping really well without any sport. I thought it`d be much harder than it has been, but then nobody`s missing the ongoing car crash at the new White Hart Lane :fuckinputer:
  • Like 1