2019-20 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

Cracovia wins its season opener, but still has -2 points in the standings after being penalized -5 for the team's match fixings in...2007. Now it's off to Sweden to play Malmoe FF. :madra:
  • Like 1

Cracovia wins its season opener, but still has -2 points in the standings after being penalized -5 for the team's match fixings in...2007. Now it's off to Sweden to play Malmoe FF. :madra:

Hehehe .... you really are a glutton for punishment!
  • Like 1

Hehehe .... you really are a glutton for punishment!

Next story will be about Thailand's 2nd division clash between... :16ton:
  • Like 2

PSG kept trying, but it wasn't happening. Bayern Munich takes the Champions League Final to go with the Bundesliga title. Jawhol!

Lewandowski couldn't get it done tonight, came close a couple of times. Still, a win is a win. Too bad it'll probably have an * next to it, unless UEFA decides to do these kind of tournaments from now on. There is a plan in the works. The referee was calling every foul except those in the penalty box. Congrats to Bayern! They played like a true champion, without time wasting, always trying to score another one. Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Like 1

PSG kept trying, but it wasn't happening. Bayern Munich takes the Champions League Final to go with the Bundesliga title. Jawhol!

Lewandowski couldn't get it done tonight, came close a couple of times. Still, a win is a win. Too bad it'll probably have an * next to it, unless UEFA decides to do these kind of tournaments from now on. There is a plan in the works. The referee was calling every foul except those in the penalty box. Congrats to Bayern! They played like a true champion, without time wasting, always trying to score another one.

I think the better team won although it wasn't as good a game as I expected.
  • Like 1

Lewandowski couldn't get it done tonight, came close a couple of times. Still, a win is a win. Too bad it'll probably have an * next to it, unless UEFA decides to do these kind of tournaments from now on. There is a plan in the works. The referee was calling every foul except those in the penalty box. Congrats to Bayern! They played like a true champion, without time wasting, always trying to score another one.

I think the better team won although it wasn't as good a game as I expected.

It was fragmented because the ref didn't let the teams play. Too many whistles.
  • Like 1

Well, well, well.. Messi requests to leave. I hope he joins somewhere challenging and not just PSG or Man City. I know it`s an unpopular view, but as I`ve mentioned before here, I`m just not that into him. Join someone like Portsmouth, and then we`ll know for sure how good he is. And the fascinating gaslighting coming from Italy of Ronaldo replacing him at Barca! What a strange circus football is, to have such a merry-go-round :popcorn:

Oh, and Maguire is sentenced to death by snu-snu 21 months suspended. I wonder if that`s the punishment for all, for fighting with police and trying to bribe your way out?

• Like 3

Well, well, well.. Messi requests to leave. I hope he joins somewhere challenging and not just PSG or Man City. I know it`s an unpopular view, but as I`ve mentioned before here, I`m just not that into him. Join someone like Portsmouth, and then we`ll know for sure how good he is. And the fascinating gaslighting coming from Italy of Ronaldo replacing him at Barca! What a strange circus football is, to have such a merry-go-round :popcorn:

Oh, and Maguire is sentenced to death by snu-snu 21 months suspended. I wonder if that`s the punishment for all, for fighting with police and trying to bribe your way out?

And how about Barcelona's Jordi Farre, negotiating with Klopp? :wacko:
  • Like 1

..... one rule for rich and famous .....

Hmmmm .. hard to call that one .... lots of noises from a club in crisis.

Hmmmm .. hard to call that one .... lots of noises from a club in crisis.

The consensus opinion is that Klopp might go for the German national team job, if he still feels like involving himself in football. He has a year to think about it all. And as far as Barcelona goes, Farre first has to win the team's presidency in March.
  • Like 1

I assumed the "negotiations" with Klopp was a hail mary by this guy to improve his chances in the election for the team presidency. It's not like Klopp has any particular draw to Barcelona.
  • Like 1

I assumed the "negotiations" with Klopp was a hail mary by this guy to improve his chances in the election for the team presidency. It's not like Klopp has any particular draw to Barcelona.

The draw would be Barcelona's incredible history. Now we hear president Bartomeu has resigned, which means there will be an effort made to keep Messi on the team. For that to happen, all Messi's demands will have to be met, not just Bartomeu's head. It's not healthy to have one player with that much power, even if he scored 700 goals.
  • Like 1

The draw would be Barcelona's incredible history.

It could be argued certain other teams also have an incredible history! YNWA!

Now we hear president Bartomeu has resigned, which means there will be an effort made to keep Messi on the team. For that to happen, all Messi's demands will have to be met, not just Bartomeu's head. It's not healthy to have one player with that much power, even if he scored 700 goals.

I agree with this, definitely. It's not FC Messi.

:fury: LEGIA WARSAW ELIMINATED FROM CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! :fury:

Sorry, I'm afraid I've lost track -- is this a good thing or a bad thing?

And Celtic bounced, too! LOL

Edited by Nova Carmina

The draw would be Barcelona's incredible history.

It could be argued certain other teams also have an incredible history! YNWA!

Now we hear president Bartomeu has resigned, which means there will be an effort made to keep Messi on the team. For that to happen, all Messi's demands will have to be met, not just Bartomeu's head. It's not healthy to have one player with that much power, even if he scored 700 goals.

I agree with this, definitely. It's not FC Messi.

:fury: LEGIA WARSAW ELIMINATED FROM CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! :fury:

Sorry, I'm afraid I've lost track -- is this a good thing or a bad thing?

And Celtic bounced, too! LOL

But Klopp is not wanted anywhere else...yet. And Legia getting knocked out is a very good thing. ( Think of me as a Man City fan looking at Liverpool's misfortunes.)
  • Like 1