2019-20 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

Scanning channels between 1st and 2nd periods of Predators v Coyotes, I locate one of the local Hispanic stations broadcasting UEFA, ManU v LASK. 0-0, 29th minute.

Brought them up awaiting ManCity/Madrid, thought hey, is somebody showing in English?

Did a DirecTV Smartsearch, boom, CBSSN. Doh. :16ton: :banghead: :facepalm:

• Like 1

Scanning channels between 1st and 2nd periods of Predators v Coyotes, I locate one of the local Hispanic stations broadcasting UEFA, ManU v LASK. 0-0, 29th minute.

Brought them up awaiting ManCity/Madrid, thought hey, is somebody showing in English?

Your Direct TV doesn't have CBSSN? Mine does, and I don't have any of the special sports packs, etc. Maybe I'm misinterpreting your emoji.

• Like 1

Your Direct TV doesn't have CBSSN? Mine does, and I don't have any of the special sports packs, etc. Maybe I'm misinterpreting your emoji.

Yes you are. I have CBSSN, just didn't realize until today they were showing the games!
  • Like 1

Real and Juventus eliminated. What a day!

And Juventus manager Maritzio Sarri also gets the sack.

Oh, joy, my girl Kate Abdo in the studio!

• Like 1

How frustrating for Sarri to keep being employed by these owners who only care about the Champions league -- but if you lay an egg in the league, that'll get you the sack, too. Lots of ways to lose, only one way to win. Not that I feel too bad for the guy, but, professionally, it's got to be problematic.

And -- not a criticism -- don't you think there's something just a bit . . . monochromatic about Kate Abdo? Her hair, eyes, skin, lips, etc. are all basically the same shade of bronzed. She looks like one of those paint chip strips from the hardware store that runs the gamut from "sand" to "desert khaki." Rebecca Lowe for my halftime commentary, I think!

• Like 1

How frustrating for Sarri to keep being employed by these owners who only care about the Champions league -- but if you lay an egg in the league, that'll get you the sack, too. Lots of ways to lose, only one way to win. Not that I feel too bad for the guy, but, professionally, it's got to be problematic.

And -- not a criticism -- don't you think there's something just a bit . . . monochromatic about Kate Abdo? Her hair, eyes, skin, lips, etc. are all basically the same shade of bronzed. She looks like one of those paint chip strips from the hardware store that runs the gamut from "sand" to "desert khaki." Rebecca Lowe for my halftime commentary, I think!

Paint chip strips, lol! TBH, Kate has become more so of late. She looked better bitd with Sky Sports working the FA Cup. But she's gone so L.A. now.

"It's an eminence front, it's a put on, put on."

• Like 1

Two goals and two assists for Lewandowski. He should've been a hockey player. :cosmo:

Your boy Lewandowski had some nice things to say about Klopp, didn't he? Maybe we can get him up to the 'pool.

• Like 1

Two goals and two assists for Lewandowski. He should've been a hockey player. :cosmo:

Your boy Lewandowski had some nice things to say about Klopp, didn't he? Maybe we can get him up to the 'pool.

There have been rumors about him leaving Germany for years. I don't think it's ever going to happen...unless he gets close to Muller's Bundesliga scoring record. ;)

Olympique Lyon wants to replace the referee for their match with Manchester City. The ref is Dutch, and if Man City wins on Saturday, Ajax will play in next season's Champions League without having to qualify for it.

My soccer allegiances have to make room for another team:

stl-city-sc-0.png

Welcome to the MLS! I'll be there for the first home match -- but I wasn't ready to start a "Soccer/Football 2023-2024" just yet. Updates as approprate.

• Like 1

Believe it or not, Olympique Lyon's defender Marcelo played for Wisla Krakow and won a championship with my boys. I will be rooting for him today...but not in the semifinal against Lewandowski.
  • Like 2

Lyon gets it done! Germany vs France in the semis. PSG-Bayern final?

I don't know who would have had this final four in the semis, but that guy should also go buy a lotto ticket. Yeah, PSG v Bayern seems most likely.

• Like 1

Lyon gets it done! Germany vs France in the semis. PSG-Bayern final?

I don't know who would have had this final four in the semis, but that guy should also go buy a lotto ticket. Yeah, PSG v Bayern seems most likely.

Before this competition started, I predicted Bayern and PSG to be in the last four. The other two, no way.

Wisla loses to a 4th division team in the newest edition of Polish Cup. :facepalm: That's like the Knights losing to the Hawks. :P

Defending champion Cracovia survives a scare against a 2nd division club, needs extra time to advance. Wdowiak is a beast. I can't believe he hasn't been sold yet.