2019-20 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

Enjoyable night last night with a nice win over Chelsea with plenty of goals followed by the trophy presentation.

1257659165.jpg

I heard there was a verbal mess-up between Klopp and Lampard during the match. F-bombs and "This is the only title you've won here" type of stuff...

Lampard lost the head after a foul went against Chelsea .... basically the loss puts Chelsea's chances of Champions League football on ice until their final game against Wolves.

He was just being childish.

Yes, and Liverpool scored from that free kick which made things worse for Chelsea. Well, they still have the FA Cup final against Arsenal. Do you get a passage into Europe by winning that title?

And what a beautiful free kick it was! Trent Alexander-Arnold is a bit special, that boy.

The goalkeeper could've at least tried to make an effort moving to the left. Btw, is Karius going to get another chance at Liverpool?
  • Like 1

Depends on what you mean by "chance." He might get to fight for the back-up position, but I still think it's more likely they'll sell him. There's been some interest, although I can't remember now from where. Too much bad mojo there; he needs to be shuffled on.
  • Like 1

Depends on what you mean by "chance." He might get to fight for the back-up position, but I still think it's more likely they'll sell him. There's been some interest, although I can't remember now from where. Too much bad mojo there; he needs to be shuffled on.

He definitely made some huge blunders over the years, but he got praises during his stint in Turkey. I've seen goalkeepers going back in a team's good graces in the past. Only time will tell, I guess...
  • Like 2

He definitely made some huge blunders over the years, but he got praises during his stint in Turkey. I've seen goalkeepers going back in a team's good graces in the past. Only time will tell, I guess...

French club Montpellier have approached Liverpool with a view to purchasing him but currently Liverpool are playing hardball ..... think they will sell at the right price.
  • Like 1

French club Montpellier have approached Liverpool with a view to purchasing him but currently Liverpool are playing hardball ..... think they will sell at the right price.

And it looks like they're selling Lovren to Zenit St. Pete; I'll help him get packed.

• Like 1

Cracovia 3 Lechia 2 after extra time! :chickendance: Krakow wins the Polish Cup! :chickendance:

Perogies for everyone! I guess that would have been either one, though, huh?

Maybe something with more alcohol percentage. I'm doing my best to join the boys in that department. Although I better watch it because after watching this game, I'm no longer 55, rather 65. :codger:
  • Like 1

And it looks like they're selling Lovren to Zenit St. Pete; I'll help him get packed.

Agreed! .... He is a liability
  • Like 1

Daily Mail picked its own Golden Ball winner. Final results: 1) Robert Lewandowski 34 points, 2) Cristiano Ronaldo 10 points, 3) Virgil van Dijk 8 points. :)

Not that I would endorse the findings of a publication suitable for lining cat litter boxes, but at least somebody got it right.
  • Like 1

Daily Mail picked its own Golden Ball winner. Final results: 1) Robert Lewandowski 34 points, 2) Cristiano Ronaldo 10 points, 3) Virgil van Dijk 8 points. :)

Not that I would endorse the findings of a publication suitable for lining cat litter boxes, but at least somebody got it right.

I've been to their site. Looks like they're getting a lot of things "right." ;)

So Watford fire their manager with two matches left; the caretaker will be their fourth or fifth this season -- I hope they go down! I'd like Aston Villa to stay up at their expense, but Bournemouth have been a plucky success story (ManUre get 50K more fans at every home match [when there are fans] -- think of that revenue advantage).

Looks like the universe's sense of justice came back to bite Watford in the ass; despite the maximum number of exciting things happening (Bournemouth winning, Aston Villa nearly contriving to lose, and Watford coming back into their match), the Hornets go back down to the Championship.

See you later, Watford, Bournemouth, and Norwich!

• Like 1

Juventus are champions in Italy. Now let's focus on Champions League... :popcorn:

Winning nine in row is both awesome and kind of an indictment, isn't it? You gotta be good for a long time, but maybe you don't have to be that good in a league where nobody bubbles up in a decade? That's some lopsided league action, there.

• Like 1

Ballymena United and Glentoran advance to Northern Ireland's Cup final in very similar circumstances. Friday's decider will be watched by 500 fans in the stands. Time for some Peaky Blinder. :digi:

Ballymena United and Glentoran advance to Northern Ireland's Cup final in very similar circumstances. Friday's decider will be watched by 500 fans in the stands. Time for some Peaky Blinder. :digi:

And it's Glentoran winning the Cup after, what else, extra time. :wacko:

Scanning channels between 1st and 2nd periods of Predators v Coyotes, I locate one of the local Hispanic stations broadcasting UEFA, ManU v LASK. 0-0, 29th minute.

Scanning channels between 1st and 2nd periods of Predators v Coyotes, I locate one of the local Hispanic stations broadcasting UEFA, ManU v LASK. 0-0, 29th minute.

First leg...5-0 :zzz:
  • Like 1

You should navigate back to that channel today for Wolves v. Olympiakos -- there's a tie that's finely balanced after they drew the first match. C'mon you Wolves!

• Like 1

You should navigate back to that channel today for Wolves v. Olympiakos -- there's a tie that's finely balanced after they drew the first match. C'mon you Wolves!

Yeah, that kicks off once Sevila finishes off Roma, 2-0. Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

Olympiakos screwed on that "offside" call in the 29th minute. No wonder, Polish crew working the game. :gumby: :gumby: :gumby:

I kept backing up my DVR afterwards looking at the VAR. I swear it looked like the image of the offside player merged with one of his mates who was good.

Ouch. Olympiakos got hosed.