2019-20 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

31 shots! A whole season`s worth of Jose`s Spurs shots-on-target :zzz:

Easy now; powerful people don't likes to be questioned.

Suffice to say I'm making other plans for tomorrow afternoon, plans that don't involve watching a stinky North London derby...

No worries, I hear Milik might be joining Kane up front. :haz:

More likely that Harry goes to Naples :sigh:

No worries, I hear Milik might be joining Kane up front. :haz:

More likely that Harry goes to Naples :sigh:

:LOL: He wouldn't do that. That's like moving from Tottenham to Tottenham.
  • Like 1

Polish Cup semifinal: Cracovia Krakow - Legia Warsaw 3-0 :chickendance: The boys will meet Lech or Lechia in the final.

It'll be Lechia, which is a good thing because Lech has been on fire lately.

League games from this weekend: Legia-Cracovia 2-0, Lech-Lechia 3-2. I'd rather be in the Cup final. :P

Arsenal - Liverpool 2-1 which means Liverpool can't get to 100 points this season. Very disappointing. ;)

Sure, by all means lose some games, stop trying - but not at Arsenal. That`s just thoughtless.
  • Like 2

Arsenal - Liverpool 2-1 which means Liverpool can't get to 100 points this season. Very disappointing. ;)

Sure, by all means lose some games, stop trying - but not at Arsenal. That`s just thoughtless.

Sure it's disappointing but things just seem to be petering out now that this league has been won.

Manchester United fan placed a 55.000 pound bet on Liverpool winning the Premier League. He came away with an additional 36.000 :cool:

deleted after fact checking. Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

Manchester United fan placed a 55.000 pound bet on Liverpool winning the Premier League. He came away with an additional 36.000 :cool:

deleted after fact checking.

That means I'm still batting a 1000. :)

FIFA has decided not to award 'Player of the Year' this time. Still no word from 'France Football' on the 'Golden Ball' award.

The "Golden Ball" award has been cancelled. Bad luck for Lewandowski, he had a good shot this year...
  • Like 1

I guess I get the argument about "not fair," but it's not like evaluations couldn't still be made. Maybe they just didn't want to give to somebody other than Messi or Ronaldo . . .
  • Like 1

So Watford fire their manager with two matches left; the caretaker will be their fourth or fifth this season -- I hope they go down! I'd like Aston Villa to stay up at their expense, but Bournemouth have been a plucky success story (ManUre get 50K more fans at every home match [when there are fans] -- think of that revenue advantage).

I guess I get the argument about "not fair," but it's not like evaluations couldn't still be made. Maybe they just didn't want to give to somebody other than Messi or Ronaldo . . .

Modric won it in 2018, so it can't be that. I know that not all players were able to finish the season, but Champions League will continue. That should've been a major factor in the award decision. Besides, who would catch up to Lewandowski in scoring this year?
  • Like 2

Enjoyable night last night with a nice win over Chelsea with plenty of goals followed by the trophy presentation.

1257659165.jpg

• Like 2

Enjoyable night last night with a nice win over Chelsea with plenty of goals followed by the trophy presentation.

1257659165.jpg

I heard there was a verbal mess-up between Klopp and Lampard during the match. F-bombs and "This is the only title you've won here" type of stuff...
  • Like 1

1257659165.jpg

I heard there was a verbal mess-up between Klopp and Lampard during the match. F-bombs and "This is the only title you've won here" type of stuff...

Lampard lost the head after a foul went against Chelsea .... basically the loss puts Chelsea's chances of Champions League football on ice until their final game against Wolves.

He was just being childish.

• Like 2

1257659165.jpg

Lampard lost the head after a foul went against Chelsea .... basically the loss puts Chelsea's chances of Champions League football on ice until their final game against Wolves.

Yes, and Liverpool scored from that free kick which made things worse for Chelsea. Well, they still have the FA Cup final against Arsenal. Do you get a passage into Europe by winning that title?
  • Like 1

1257659165.jpg

Yes, and Liverpool scored from that free kick which made things worse for Chelsea. Well, they still have the FA Cup final against Arsenal. Do you get a passage into Europe by winning that title?

And what a beautiful free kick it was! Trent Alexander-Arnold is a bit special, that boy.

• Like 1