2019-20 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

Bundesliga.com conducted a vote for the best player of the season involving fans and experts. The results: 1) Robert Lewandowski 57% 2) Jadon Sancho 13% 3) Kai Havertz 12.1% That's more like it. :)

skysports-liverpool-title-winners_5022679.jpg?20200625231552

It doesn't get better than this!!

Forgive me for being ignorant, but what does each trophy represent? Thanks.

UEFA Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup and Premier League. I'm not sure about the order.
  • Like 2

I watched a game today reminiscent of the 1974 World Cup semifinal between Poland and West Germany. The field was absolutely flooded. Mind you, the players didn't stay on the ground very long after being fouled. :P

W :chickendance: A :chickendance: T :chickendance: S :chickendance: O :chickendance: N :drool: Northampton 1 Exeter 0 :cosmo: ( I still got it )

M :dweez: O :dweez: R :dweez: T :dweez: O :dweez: N :D-13: Northampton 2 Exeter 0

H :atickhum: O :atickhum: S :atickhum: K :atickhum: I :atickhum: N :atickhum: S :notworthy: Northampton 3 Exeter 0

W :chickendance: A :chickendance: T :chickendance: S :chickendance: O :chickendance: N :drool: Northampton 1 Exeter 0 :cosmo: ( I still got it )

M :dweez: O :dweez: R :dweez: T :dweez: O :dweez: N :D-13: Northampton 2 Exeter 0

H :atickhum: O :atickhum: S :atickhum: K :atickhum: I :atickhum: N :atickhum: S :notworthy: Northampton 3 Exeter 0

W :bitchslap: I :bitchslap: L :bitchslap: L :bitchslap: I :bitchslap: A :bitchslap: M :bitchslap: S :whip: Northampton 4 Exeter 0

W :bitchslap: I :bitchslap: L :bitchslap: L :bitchslap: I :bitchslap: A :bitchslap: M :bitchslap: S :whip: Northampton 4 Exeter 0

Final. :) Now it's IbanezJem's turn to booze it up. :cheers:
  • Like 1

That was a surreal match! Empty Wembley and a brutal, nerveless, and comprehensive play-off final win!!! One trophy Liverpool and Klopp will never get their hands on :P Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 2

That was a surreal match! Empty Wembley and a brutal, nerveless, and comprehensive play-off final win!!! One trophy Liverpool and Klopp will never get their hands on :P

Wembley, even without the crowd, looks great. Yeah, it got a little tense right around the red card, but I think Exeter in the end took the loss in a humble way. If this had been played with South American teams, we would've had a bloodbath on our hands.
  • Like 2

That was a surreal match! Empty Wembley and a brutal, nerveless, and comprehensive play-off final win!!! One trophy Liverpool and Klopp will never get their hands on :P

Wembley, even without the crowd, looks great. Yeah, it got a little tense right around the red card, but I think Exeter in the end took the loss in a humble way. If this had been played with South American teams, we would've had a bloodbath on our hands.

I love Argentinian football. I heartily recommend a great read about it, "Angels With Dirty Faces" by Jonathon Wilson. I`ve been a fan since I was 10, originally just to be contrary when everyone was complaining about Maradona`s "hand of god" goal.

:LMAO:

I love Argentinian football. I heartily recommend a great read about it, "Angels With Dirty Faces" by Jonathon Wilson. I`ve been a fan since I was 10, originally just to be contrary when everyone was complaining about Maradona`s "hand of god" goal.

Wait, you were ok with that "goal?" You're a better man than me. I'm still boiling mad about a referee from 20 years ago. :blush:
  • Like 1

Wait, you were ok with that "goal?" You're a better man than me. I'm still boiling mad about a referee from 20 years ago. :blush:

I like it when players push the boundaries (Suarez vs Ghana for example, I thought was hilarious) - Argentinian defenders with safety pins to stab attackers at corners is borderline but... well... anything to get an edge :finbar:
  • Like 1

I like it when players push the boundaries (Suarez vs Ghana for example, I thought was hilarious) - Argentinian defenders with safety pins to stab attackers at corners is borderline but... well... anything to get an edge :finbar:

Except with VAR in place, this kind of stuff wouldn't go unpunished nowadays. Back to the drawing board...

With the Premier League Championship decided, how big is a victory, either way, for Liverpool v City tomorrow? Methinks champions or not Liverpool needs to give MC a thorough beating. What say you?
  • Like 1

With the Premier League Championship decided, how big is a victory, either way, for Liverpool v City tomorrow? Methinks champions or not Liverpool needs to give MC a thorough beating. What say you?

I suspect Pep Guardiola may have a point to prove ..... although it could well turn out to be a cagey scoreless draw. I would love to see Liverpool hammer them though!!
  • Like 2

I suspect Pep Guardiola may have a point to prove ..... although it could well turn out to be a cagey scoreless draw. I would love to see Liverpool hammer them though!!

Of course you want to win every game you play, but the pressure is off now. Even if Liverpool doesn't win, it will change nothing. They are the top dog this year.
  • Like 2