"Super Freak" is John Deacon's favorite song?

Texas King

John wrote Another One Bites The Dust, and was half responsible for the disco, dancer, funky, clubby stuff on Hot Space, I’m not surprised really. I’d like to know where you heard of this though!

This is incredibly surprising to me.

But what would you say about it? Are you surprised?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYHxGBH6o4M&list=RDQYHxGBH6o4M&start_radio=1

You kill me.

Listenig to "Day At The Races" right now.

Queen kicked my ass on Sunday.

John is so underrated.

Regardless.

QUEEN RULES!!!

Lambert is no Mercury but he is the best replacement on the Earth.

• Like 1

Rick James was amazing.

Give it to me baby!

Seriously, he was a bad ass.

Legend.

Another legend ripping a rick!

Rick was once a bandmate of neil young.

I recommend the greatest hits version with the extended jams. Michael brecker plays the sax on a few tunes.

Michael is imo the greatest studio saxamaphone player......

"I'm In Love With My Car"

Give me Roger Taylor any day.

Not even my favorite Roger song, though it's on my favorite album of all time. My fav's probably somewhere between Fight From The Inside and Tenement Funster (my new purple shoes!)

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

This is incredibly surprising to me.

But what would you say about it? Are you surprised?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYHxGBH6o4M&list=RDQYHxGBH6o4M&start_radio=1

You kill me.

Listenig to "Day At The Races" right now.

Queen kicked my ass on Sunday.

John is so underrated.

Regardless.

QUEEN RULES!!!

Lambert is no Mercury but he is the best replacement on the Earth.

Can you be one of the most underrated bassists ever and be in one of the best selling, most famous bands of all time? Yes, when you're surrounded by such rock gods as Freddie Mercury and Brian May, quite easily in fact.

John's lines are one of the essential parts of Queen's music, and always have been. Some of his best work is on ADATR, Long Away and The Millionaire Waltz (plus it just sounds so good). He rarely makes his parts stand out, but when you listen for them, he ain't just playing the roots and fifths to put it lightly. He had a way of playing high on the neck too so that it really made a difference when he went back down to the low notes.

The similar connection with former Queen member John Deacon and the late Rick James have is that they're both bassists where each of their hit songs was sampled by a rap artist.

'Under Pressure' by Queen & David Bowie was sampled by Vanilla Ice for 'Ice Ice Baby'.

'Superfreak' by Rick James was sampled by MC Hammer for 'U Can't Touch This'.

As well both rap artists became novelty acts and ended up each being no longer effective or successful.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

The similar connection former Queen member John Deacon and the late Rick James have is that they're both bassists where each of their hit songs was sampled by a rap artist.

'Under Pressure' by Queen & David Bowie was sampled by Vanilla Ice for 'Ice Ice Baby'.

As well both rap artists became novelty acts and ended up each being no longer effective or successful.

Wow, that's really interesting!

The similar connection former Queen member John Deacon and the late Rick James have is that they're both bassists where each of their hit songs was sampled by a rap artist.

Both artists ? That may be the highest praise those guys ever received. Lol

I kid but they both were novelty rip off one hit wonders brought to us courtesy of mtv.

Has vanilla ice actually ever admitted he ripped it off? Last i heard he was claiming it was a different bass line.