Iron Maiden tour

Laurabw

Perhaps, and maybe, instead of having "Sign of the Cross", and "the Clansman" from "X Factor", and "Virtual XI", which were originally sung by "Blaze Bayley" on their studio releases, have by picking a song from "Somewhere In Time" like "Alexander the Great", a song from "Dance of Death", and maybe, and possibly a song from "the Final Frontier". Overall, with what was selected, the choices are, and how the setlist is, I'm not bitching, complaining, moaning, and whining by any means, as I'm sure the concert is still something to behold by seeing it in person.

I love the Clansman, excited to see it.

Bruce really does save the song from being a complete snore. But I would have rather heard something else. I guess they need a calm down song after the hot start with those first three. And nothing says calm down like a song from the Blaze era.

I guess the music itself appeals to my girly side, lol. It's like Blood Brothers.

Perhaps, and maybe, instead of having "Sign of the Cross", and "the Clansman" from "X Factor", and "Virtual XI", which were originally sung by "Blaze Bayley" on their studio releases, have by picking a song from "Somewhere In Time" like "Alexander the Great", a song from "Dance of Death", and maybe, and possibly a song from "the Final Frontier". Overall, with what was selected, the choices are, and how the setlist is, I'm not bitching, complaining, moaning, and whining by any means, as I'm sure the concert is still something to behold by seeing it in person.

I love the Clansman, excited to see it.

Bruce really does save the song from being a complete snore. But I would have rather heard something else. I guess they need a calm down song after the hot start with those first three. And nothing says calm down like a song from the Blaze era.

I guess the music itself appeals to my girly side, lol. It's like Blood Brothers.

That would have been a top notch replacement for Clansman but they played that on the last tour. Something like No More Lies would have been good too. I just don't see the reason to do anything from Blaze era at this point.

Philly was great. We were 2 people back from barrier.

But yeah, they're getting old. Not that it's slowing them down any though.

• Like 1

I love that Bruce isn't trying to hide that his hair has gone gray. Some people in the public eye like to cover that up.

I love that Bruce isn't trying to hide that his hair has gone gray. Some people in the public eye like to cover that up.

yeah, that is pretty cool, you're right. But, and I'm sure I'm in the minority, I HATE his hair long, it's just straggly and messy. I liked it short much better. I know that's not rock and roll, but I don't care, lol.

With what, and how a band, and group members record their music, it's got, and had nothing to do on how the members in the band, and group wear, used to wear, and what color their hair is.
  • Like 1

Can't look at the spoilers!!!

Going to the Sac and Oakland show!!!

UP THE IRONS BITCHES!

Here’s a spoiler: it’s a great show. Lol.

I will say this is probably the best of the five tours that I've seen. It was funny though last night in Boston. Janick and Dave Murray got offbeat with each other at the beginning of one particular song, and the squint that Yannick made when he realized something didn't sound right was funny as hell. For his age Dickinson has the best voice of any live singer I've seen, ever. He's still hitting most of the high notes and they haven't had to change any keys. There was only one song I didn't recognize, which means it is either a blaze song, or something from the last three records
  • Like 1

I'm hoping to catch them in Houston or San Antonio. Looks like an incredible show with the staging and theatrics. Waiting for some more seat options to pop up. I'm really surprised to see general admission floor for arena shows, disappointed actually. I'm willing to pay to be up front, but I hate having to fight for it. Too old for that! :LOL:

I'm hoping to catch them in Houston or San Antonio. Looks like an incredible show with the staging and theatrics. Waiting for some more seat options to pop up. I'm really surprised to see general admission floor for arena shows, disappointed actually. I'm willing to pay to be up front, but I hate having to fight for it. Too old for that! :LOL:

I gave up fighting for a spot in front about 10 years ago. When I was in my teens and 20s I didn't mind it at all. But as I got older I realized how uncomfortable it can be up close with everyone else jamming up against you with no room to breathe. If the show is general admission, I just find myself a spot and stay there for the most part. My concern in recent years is more about being there to see the show than whether or not I'm up in front.

I'm seeing them tonight! So that makes me cooler than the rest of you for the next 24 hours.

Yes, you are. Lol.

• Like 1

So, I’m no Spring chicken, and neither is my fellow TRF’er who I went with. We literally walked in at about 630 maybe and were able to be three people back from the stage on the left-hand side, the key is go to either side, not the center. Not being very big, I was concerned with the crush of the crowd but I have to say it never really came. People got a little pushy when there was about three songs left and there was a bit of a scuffle for the picks when the show was over and that was a little scary because there was a lot of pushing and shoving, but for the most part I was quite comfortable and had some elbow room!

(Of course we had to stand our way through the raven age)

Edited by Laurabw
  • Like 3

Oh my, what a fantastic show! These guys are ageless. Perfectly performed show with a great enthusiastic crowd throughout.

I was nice meeting you Union. I figured it would eventually happen with one of the shows around here.

• Like 6

So, I’m no Spring chicken, and neither is my fellow TRF’er who I went with. We literally walked in at about 630 maybe and were able to be three people back from the stage on the left-hand side, the key is go to either side, not the center. Not being very big, I was concerned with the crush of the crowd but I have to say it never really came. People got a little pushy when there was about three songs left and there was a bit of a scuffle for the picks when the show was over and that was a little scary because there was a lot of pushing and shoving, but for the most part I was quite comfortable and had some elbow room!

That's awesome you were able to comfortably enjoy the show that close up! The last sentence of your post is the biggest reason why I choose not to go the ga route. If you're early enough to claim a prime spot, you pretty much have to stay there until the show's over. Leaving to go pee, get a drink or check out the merch stands means you'll have to push your way through people to get close before the main act comes on and I hate doing that. Although I'm sure Maiden's audience today is mostly older and mellower than when I first saw them in 1987! Edited by TexMike
  • Like 1

That's awesome you were able to comfortably enjoy the show that close up! The last sentence of your post is the biggest reason why I choose not to go the ga route. If you're early enough to claim a prime spot, you pretty much have to stay there until the show's over. Leaving to go pee, get a drink or check out the merch stands means you'll have to push your way through people to get close before the main act comes on and I hate doing that. Although I'm sure Maiden's audience today is mostly older and mellower than when I first saw them in 1987!

Yep, I hear ya. I did go and pee once we had our spot, but that was it. So it requires planning, for sure, lol. But it was pretty cool bring so close, and the FTTB people had been online since noon, and we weren’t that far behind them. Of course they have the benefit of the barrier to lean on which must’ve been nice!

I don’t know what the average age was of the crowd, but it was probably at least 40!

• Like 1

Oh my, what a fantastic show! These guys are ageless. Perfectly performed show with a great enthusiastic crowd throughout.

I was nice meeting you Union. I figured it would eventually happen with one of the shows around here.

Likewise. Now that I know what you look like, you may see more of me at shows.

Iron Maiden was fantastic. It was only the second time seeing them and it will likely go down as one of the best shows I've been to. I had a blast. I did eventually find a pit during Number of the Beast. It was too cramped and sweaty (and the fun smells that come from that sort of environment), but my brother and had fun there before it dissipated. I'm still in awe of how well Bruce's voice holds up at 61. Obviously he took breaks and chose some lower songs, but the stamina required to yell and do all his running and theatrics is really impressive

• Like 2

Likewise. Now that I know what you look like, you may see more of me at shows.

Iron Maiden was fantastic. It was only the second time seeing them and it will likely go down as one of the best shows I've been to. I had a blast. I did eventually find a pit during Number of the Beast. It was too cramped and sweaty (and the fun smells that come from that sort of environment), but my brother and had fun there before it dissipated. I'm still in awe of how well Bruce's voice holds up at 61. Obviously he took breaks and chose some lower songs, but the stamina required to yell and do all his running and theatrics is really impressive

The first pit I noticed was during Fear Of The Dark. One broke out right behind me. We all noticed because of the violent shove that pushed me and the others around forward with no warning. I don't mind if there is moshing but why wait until a dozen songs into the set before doing it? At that point it's established that there won't be anything like that and then people decide to get stupid. The second time the pit got going it knocked down the lady next to me and she was about an inch away from taking my knee out when she fell. What annoyed me is that at most shows the location of the pit is established early on so you know how to avoid it if you don't want to be part of it.

That being said, I am never prouder to be a metal fan than when I'm at an Iron Maiden show. The crowd is just so energetic and into everything. No matter what they play from the 80s everyone sings it at the top of their lungs and numerous times they drown Bruce out. But even when they play new or lesser known material the crowd is always receptive to it and gives it a good reaction. None of this standing there doing nothing bullshit because "this ain't on of those songs I know from the radio" like you get with so many other bands.

• Like 1

On Tues. night, I went, and did go to see Iron Maiden in Vancouver at Rogers Arena. I thought they were awesome, and their latest Legacy of the Beast tour might, and could be one of the best ones they have done. With the setlist they put together, even that, too. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 4