Iron Maiden tour

Laurabw

They're not coming within 500 miles of KC, so I'm missing this one. Maiden has been here twice in the last 20 years. It sells out, so I don't know what the f***ing problem is. Oh well, at least I got to see the Seventh Son reprise tour (saw the original back in '88 too) and The Book Of Souls in this millenium. I hope they make it near here again eventually, because they will soon be retired like Rush and Sabbath.
  • Like 1

They're not coming within 500 miles of KC, so I'm missing this one. Maiden has been here twice in the last 20 years. It sells out, so I don't know what the f***ing problem is. Oh well, at least I got to see the Seventh Son reprise tour (saw the original back in '88 too) and The Book Of Souls in this millenium. I hope they make it near here again eventually, because they will soon be retired like Rush and Sabbath.

Well they're getting on in age too, it stinks. But I hope they come your way again before then!

• Like 2

August 13 in Buffalo

Me too!

I was worried they would be dicks and drop a song or two I was really looking forward to and replace it with some overplayed song but the set is the same as last summer in Europe.

I've said this on, and in the "Your Next Concert(s)?" thread that is on, and in this section of the forums, too. When I saw what the setlist is going to be, and it being "Iron Maiden", I decided to buy a ticket for the Vancouver, B.C. at Rogers Arena on Tues. Sept. 3. It'll be my second time seeing them perform in concert in person. The first time was when I lived in Brampton, and Bramalea in Ontario, I went to see them in concert in person on their "Somewhere On Tour" in Toronto at Maple Leaf Gardens on, and in Mar. 21, or 22, 1987 for, and during promoting their "Somewhere In Time" c.d., and album. In addition, and to add, Steve Harris, said he's pretty damn sure he, and the rest of the group, and band will record, and do another c.d., and album, which would be a follow up to their recent, and latest c.d., and album "the Book of Souls". Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

As someone who lives in the same area, I am also bummed.

That said, my children (all under 8) want to go see this tour. I am somewhat debating a drive to Indianapolis to catch the show. Despite the rumors, I won't assume they return next year and stop here.

We went last night (my son and I ) epic setlist. Epic show. My second favorite ever Maiden show hands down. The best was front row center in 1988 for the Seventh Son tour......still remember that show to this day.
  • Like 6

We went last night (my son and I ) epic setlist. Epic show. My second favorite ever Maiden show hands down. The best was front row center in 1988 for the Seventh Son tour......still remember that show to this day.

How long did Raven age play for and do you remember what time iron maiden came on ?

How long did Raven age play for and do you remember what time iron maiden came on ?

They played about 40 minutes.

Maiden hit the stage at 9PM sharp.

• Like 1

Great, thanks!

Anyone go last night or going? I’m going to Philly.

Hahahaha!!!

OF COURSE!!!

Hitting back to back shows! NO SHITTY NEW ALBUM TOUR!!!!!

GHOST blew MAIDEN away last tour.

I'm hitting Sacramento with my buddy.

Then taking my 82 year young dad to OAKLAND!

UP THE IRONS MOTHERFUKKAS!!!!!!!!

REAL MAIDEN IS BACK!!!!

Perhaps, and maybe, instead of having "Sign of the Cross", and "the Clansman" from "X Factor", and "Virtual XI", which were originally sung by "Blaze Bayley" on their studio releases, have by picking a song from "Somewhere In Time" like "Alexander the Great", a song from "Dance of Death", and maybe, and possibly a song from "the Final Frontier". Overall, with what was selected, the choices are, and how the setlist is, I'm not bitching, complaining, moaning, and whining by any means, as I'm sure the concert is still something to behold by seeing it in person. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

I should've asked this at the same time - do you remember when they were done?

Perhaps, and maybe, instead of having "Sign of the Cross", and "the Clansman" from "X Factor", and "Virtual XI", which were originally sung by "Blaze Bayley" on their studio releases, have by picking a song from "Somewhere In Time" like "Alexander the Great", a song from "Dance of Death", and maybe, and possibly a song from "the Final Frontier". Overall, with what was selected, the choices are, and how the setlist is, I'm not bitching, complaining, moaning, and whining by any means, as I'm sure the concert is still something to behold by seeing it in person.

I love the Clansman, excited to see it.

According to this ‘complete’ show, from 7/18, it’s just a little bit under two hours.

I haven’t watched it all yet to see if this is the complete show or not, though.

• Like 1

Perhaps, and maybe, instead of having "Sign of the Cross", and "the Clansman" from "X Factor", and "Virtual XI", which were originally sung by "Blaze Bayley" on their studio releases, have by picking a song from "Somewhere In Time" like "Alexander the Great", a song from "Dance of Death", and maybe, and possibly a song from "the Final Frontier". Overall, with what was selected, the choices are, and how the setlist is, I'm not bitching, complaining, moaning, and whining by any means, as I'm sure the concert is still something to behold by seeing it in person.

I love the Clansman, excited to see it.

Bruce really does save the song from being a complete snore. But I would have rather heard something else. I guess they need a calm down song after the hot start with those first three. And nothing says calm down like a song from the Blaze era.

Edited by J2112YYZ

According to this ‘complete’ show, from 7/18, it’s just a little bit under two hours.

I haven’t watched it all yet to see if this is the complete show or not, though.

Between an hour and 45 minutes to two hours is usually what we get with Maiden. It's been a long time since they played less than that. Like Rush, they time everything out perfectly live.

• Like 1