12 minute video of Geddy

Moonraker

It is an interview type thing with Geddy and Ben Mink and some other people who appear on the My Favorite Headache album about the making, writing process, afterthoughts of Geddys solo album. What is pissing me off though is that I can hear this video perfectly fine, but the video is a blank screen. I sent the link to a couple other people who said they could see it just fine, so I dunno whats going on. If you all wanna take your luck at seeing it, or if nothing else listen to a very good interview, here it is:

http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.asp?artistID=1053697

This must be one of those videos hes got locked away in the vault somewhere, that may one day see the light of day. I went to the site again to see if they still had that interview at the Juno's that he was talking at. It was obviously done during the recording process of VT, as he made a few references to what was going on. But imagine my suprise to see this little gem instead of that one.

I found a CD that I forgot I had I found it in a thrift store.it's a interveiw of

AlexFinal.gif from the hold you fire tour don't know if it's the full interveiw or not .but I will see what i can do to share it with ya'll

QUOTE (yoda @ Oct 11 2004, 03:50 PM)
I found a CD that I forgot I had I found it in a thrift store.it's a interveiw of
AlexFinal.gif from the hold you fire tour don't know if it's the full interveiw or not .but I will see what i can do to share it with ya'll

yes.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (ZootAllures @ Oct 16 2004, 02:41 PM)
I planned on buying My Favorite Headache, but the clips in this video have bumped it up a few spaces on my coveted "List O' CDs to Buy."

If you buy through Amazon, be sure to click through to it from our store! biggrin.gif

I highly recommend My Favorite Headache. After this thread started, I popped it in my car the past week and there are some seriously well written songs on that album - plus it seems "Rush-like" to me smile.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Oct 16 2004, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE (ZootAllures @ Oct 16 2004, 02:41 PM)
I planned on buying My Favorite Headache, but the clips in this video have bumped it up a few spaces on my coveted "List O' CDs to Buy."

If you buy through Amazon, be sure to click through to it from our store! biggrin.gif

I highly recommend My Favorite Headache. After this thread started, I popped it in my car the past week and there are some seriously well written songs on that album - plus it seems "Rush-like" to me smile.gif

I did the same thing after reading the other thread regarding Victor and MFH. MFH is a really solid piece of work. No offense to Al or Neil, but MFH illustrated to me what a huge, huge piece of the Rush puzzle Ged is. It really gave me a new appreciation for him. 1022.gif 2.gif

Geddy is a monster bass player, that's for sure. Totally unique, and his talent really manifests itself when Alex solos. In most three piece bands, there's a noticable lack of depth when the rhythm guitar drops out to solo, but this is clearly not the case with Rush. Geddy adds serious depth to the music, functioning as the rhythm guitar almost in one instant, and carrying the melody in another. Take the intro to "Red Barchetta" for instance. While Alex plays the harmonics, Geddy really fills up the space, and it, for some reason, happens to be one of my favorite Rush moments. And then there's his synth playing, but that's a whole other story.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 16 2004, 09:19 PM)
I would recommend buying it on Amazon. I havent seen a new copy of it in a store in over a year. The last time I did see a new copy, I bought it right there.

yes.gif thru Amazon via the link in the Rush Forum store yes.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Oct 17 2004, 04:47 AM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 16 2004, 09:19 PM)
I would recommend buying it on Amazon.  I havent seen a new copy of it in a store in over a year.  The last time I did see a new copy, I bought it right there.

yes.gif thru Amazon via the link in the Rush Forum store yes.gif

oh of course tongue.gif . Just click on the moving link above with Geddy, Alex, and Neild on it.

Archived