Your Guilty Pleasure Band

mully_53

Ive never denied my personal taste in music but I must say I so take slack for a few of my favorite bands.......

For me my main guilty pleasure band would have to be Motley Crue......

I am only 21 so I wasn't really into music all that much back when they were wearing drag and all that crap....I just plain and simple like their music.....

So what is YOUR guilty pleasure band ??????

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like The way Celine Dion sings . . . .she gives me the shivers . . .

I like Avril .

I like Kelly Clarkson

They move me . . . they move me . . . .

Still being a relativley new member I wasn't aware that this thread was a repeat.....I guess it was a good idea if 2 ppl before me thought it was worth while posting....

P.s: No offence but novel length posts are annoying tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

I don't really have any band guilty pleasures but I'll list a few songs that I keep to myself only to reveal here for the first time to anyone that i like em.

Dream - This Is Me

All Saints - Never Ever

Mark Anthony - I need to know

Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack

Okay I've said enough bolt.gif

QUOTE (Mr. T. @ Oct 22 2005, 01:29 PM)
well, i don't know about telling a bunch of random people this. well, my guilty listening pleasure is...well...michael jackson. can i get some support? does anyone besides me out there like michael jackson?

Back when he was a black male, definitely. Thriller was a great record, whatever stupid shit he's doing now.

I've got three. Two are rock, and one... well... it's the one I'm most guilty about.

The Darkness (the dude can sing, and the rhythms are cool)

System of a Down (it's the only "heavy" music of today I listen to, because it doesn't sound like the rest).

But the one that beats them all...

Kanye West (The beats the man uses is amazing. The song "Diamonds are Forever" is really well done.)

Destiny's Child.

I love these girls. They rock my world!

Especially Beyonce Knowles. She is a total babe. I want to marry her!

wub.gif

QUOTE (thestand @ Oct 22 2005, 07:23 PM)

System of a Down (it's the only "heavy" music of today I listen to, because it doesn't sound like the rest).

One should feel guilty for NOT liking them. wink.gif 1022.gif

And you're right, they don't sound like anyone, at least anyone I've ever heard before. no.gif

There's not too many original sounding bands these days. no.gif

QUOTE (thestand @ Oct 22 2005, 03:23 PM)
Kanye West (The beats the man uses is amazing. The song "Diamonds are Forever" is really well done.)

That one you don't need to apologise for. I love Kanye, and I'm not afraid to admit it. You're right, the beats he uses are amazing, and he's the only modern mainstream rapper that comes across to me as actualy understanding music, as opposed to being some talentless "gangsta" who simply rips off other people's beats and raps about how much bling he has. Kanye's beats are creative, his lyrics are politically concious, and when The Game and that guy from Maroon 5 guested on his new album, they DIDN'T SUCK.

I'm going to see him on December 9 at the Memorial Coliseum. Can't wait!

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Oct 23 2005, 05:17 PM)
QUOTE (rattler2004 @ Oct 23 2005, 09:00 PM)
The Black Eyed Peas....but I've got two teenage daughters that crank this stuff constantly.

What you gon' do with all that junk?

Didn't we already have a thread extolling the virtues of this song?

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Oct 23 2005, 10:05 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Oct 23 2005, 05:17 PM)
QUOTE (rattler2004 @ Oct 23 2005, 09:00 PM)
The Black Eyed Peas....but I've got two teenage daughters that crank this stuff constantly.

What you gon' do with all that junk?

Didn't we already have a thread extolling the virtues of this song?

You can never have enough Black Eyed Peas.

QUOTE (Indica @ Oct 23 2005, 09:40 AM)
QUOTE (thestand @ Oct 22 2005, 07:23 PM)

One should feel guilty for NOT liking them. wink.gif 1022.gif

And you're right, they don't sound like anyone, at least anyone I've ever heard before. no.gif

There's not too many original sounding bands these days. no.gif

Chalk another one up for System of a Down here. I don't know if I consider it a "guilty pleasure," but since they're not 'core enough for the heavy crowd and too crazy for a lot of mainstream people, they do get trashed a lot.

Also, I have a weak spot for Evanescence, mainly because of Amy Lee's beautiful, angelic voice. I guess I have a weakness for Ms. Lee in general. wub.gif

I would consider a guilty pleasure to be one that you own and at least listen to once in a while... With that said, mine would be:

Tears for Fears

(Especially their stuff from the 90's without Curt what's his name...)

Just thought of another one..

I own 3 George Winton albums.. It's beautiful, relaxing, piano music from the Windham Hill label. Something I have to be in the right mood for, but it is excellent.

I also own all the Manheim Steamroller Christmas CD's laugh.gif

And I love them!! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Daylin @ Oct 24 2005, 02:18 AM)
Michael Bolton...I even seen him twice in concert yes.gif

That no-talent ass-clown. laugh.gif (Refer to "Office Space".)

Ok, I like Abba, too. I just bought my first music by them ever, a greatest hits CD. I don't know what came over me. I was in the drug store buying shampoo, and there it was. On sale, no less.

Whatchagunnado? confused13.gif

Archived