Todd Sucherman - Styx drummer

Laurabw

If you have the time, check this out, it’s excerpts from their current set. Pretty amazing.

Edited by Laurabw
  • Like 5

He is very good. I like his instagram videos quite a bit.

He seems to be extremely skilled, well beyond the requirements for Styx music. Was Styx's original drummer any good?

John Panozzo was quite good. Sucherman is better.

• Like 2

He is very good. I like his instagram videos quite a bit.

He seems to be extremely skilled, well beyond the requirements for Styx music. Was Styx's original drummer any good?

John Panozzo was quite good. Sucherman is better.

Yes, he is.

And I would argue that Styx's music, while not on a level of complexity as prog-era Rush or Yes or other such bands, does require a drummer with some skill. Sucherman is a good fit, and he actually elevates their older music a bit.

EDIT: Just watched Red Storm up there. Talk about elevating the music. Killer drumming.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
  • Like 7

One of the best drummers on the planet. Highly respected, super musical, chops for days, extremely creative, and a hell of a nice guy.

My band opened for STYX a few years back and Todd and I hung out for a while. We've stayed in contact ever since.

• Like 3

One of the best drummers on the planet. Highly respected, super musical, chops for days, extremely creative, and a hell of a nice guy.

My band opened for STYX a few years back and Todd and I hung out for a while. We've stayed in contact ever since.

That’s so cool. Who is your band ??

Amazing drummer. Great guy. Taking my parents to see STYX with NIGHT RANGER soon!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Just got back from Thunder Valley baby! STYX and Night Ranger kicked my ASS! So incredible. It was 100 degrees outside during Night Ranger's all killer no filler set list. Then STYX came on and hammered it home. Todd fuckking kicked ass last night!! "The Red Storm" live was off the charts!!! I see STYX once a year and last night was one of their best shows ever. They just keep kicking serious ass!!!!

I came home up 800 bucks thanks to my passion for being a slot machinist! The trip with my parents was free!!!

Glad I have my "Crystal Ball" with me all the time. ;)

• Like 2

It blows my mind that Pat hates "STYNX." That's his punny name for the band. I don't get it. Even I have a hard time with Gowan prancing around his spinning keyboard but hey he's good for what he is paid to do.

STYX RULES!

Even "Mr. Roboto" was great live!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 2

Any local peeps, I have one ticket I'm trying to sell for The Mission in its entirety in November in Long Island. I got a better seat.
  • Like 1

Any local peeps, I have one ticket I'm trying to sell for The Mission in its entirety in November in Long Island. I got a better seat.

Lucky girl!

If I could I would fly out for that one.

So funny.

Timing is everything. "The Mission" just kicked in on my stereo!!

"LIGHT IT UP LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!"