Billy Idol

Lorraine

Long story long...

In 2016 we took a road trip from NJ to Las Vegas to see the Rolling Stones. The night before the show The Stones canceled the concert. UGH UGH UGH. The Stones played The Desert Trip concert the week before and Mick's vocals were shot from the dry heat ( or so they said ).

What to do ? Our options were (1) Donnie and Marie (2) Elton John and (3) Billy Idol. We decide to sleep on it and decide the next day.

We wanted Elton but he was sold out. Donnie and Marie were not in the running so it was Billy Idol.

Billy and his band ( Steve Stevens included ) were playing at the House of Blues and we got a table on the floor.

WHAT A BLAST !!!!!!

So happy we saw Billy.

My favorite Billy Idol album

Edited by custom55
  • Like 3

I've always liked him, Steve Stevens, and their music. On, and in another thread, which Earl, posted, I've said I did before, too. I haven't seen the both of them, and their band, and group perform in concert in person, though. Lorraine, I don't, and haven't had a favorite song from him. I think he has a lot of really good, and great ones. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Long story long...

In 2016 we took a road trip from NJ to Las Vegas to see the Rolling Stones. The night before the show The Stones canceled the concert. UGH UGH UGH. The Stones played The Desert Trip concert the week before and Mick's vocals were shot from the dry heat ( or so they said ).

What to do ? Our options were (1) Donnie and Marie (2) Elton John and (3) Billy Idol. We decide to sleep on it and decide the next day.

We wanted Elton but he was sold out. Donnie and Marie were not in the running so it was Billy Idol.

Billy and his band ( Steve Stevens included ) were playing at the House of Blues and we got a table on the floor.

WHAT A BLAST !!!!!!

So happy we saw Billy.

My favorite Billy Idol album

You didn't want to see Donny and Marie??? :o

And chose Billy Idol instead????? :o :o

:LOL: ;)

• Like 1

I've always liked him, Steve Stevens, and their music. On, and in another thread, which Earl, posted, I've said I did before, too. I haven't seen the both of them, and their band, and group perform in concert in person, though.

What's your favorite Billy Idol song, Derek?

If I did have a favorite song of his, though, it would be more, than one, and I would feel of having to make a comprised list of a certain number of them. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Without Steve Stevens he wouldn't have amounted to much.....

Why do you think that?

He almost never writes solo......Steve Stevens co-wrote (which means he basically wrote the music).....Idol probably only contributed vocals and maybe a simple chord structure/

• Like 1

Why do you think that?

He almost never writes solo......Steve Stevens co-wrote (which means he basically wrote the music).....Idol probably only contributed vocals and maybe a simple chord structure/

I think this is the case for many songwriting duos. One might bring more ideas than the other but they each have something that the other doesn't to make the songs complete. Who's to say that Stevens ever makes it anywhere if he never met Billy?

• Like 1

Why do you think that?

I think this is the case for many songwriting duos. One might bring more ideas than the other but they each have something that the other doesn't to make the songs complete. Who's to say that Stevens ever makes it anywhere if he never met Billy?

Steve didn't seem to do well when he left Billy and wound up coming back after I think it was 7 years.

I think of Bernie Taupin and Elton John when I think of a singer who depended on a person to write him hits. Elton was never the same after Bernie left.

• Like 1

Why do you think that?

Steve didn't seem to do well when he left Billy and wound up coming back after I think it was 7 years.

I think of Bernie Taupin and Elton John when I think of a singer who depended on a person to write him hits. Elton was never the same after Bernie left.

But Taupin's lyrics wouldn't have been anything special without Elton writing the music that gave those words life. The music needs to be in place a lot of the time in order for the lyrics to become what they are. These songwriting duos complete each other. It's probably an entirely different career for Elton/Bernie, Idol/Stevens, Jagger/Richards or any other successful songwriting tandem if they never meet each other.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2