Happy 1st Anniversary, Derek

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Derek19

Derek19

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • Interests:I like listening to music, watch movies I think look, and are really good, exercise, read, and computers including learning more about them, and what to do.

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:15 AM

When I first started posting on, and in threads on, and in this website a year ago, and since it's my first year anniversary, and I don't, and didn't know if anyone would've noticed I have, it is, and would post a thread in, and on this part of the forums, I would post a thread myself to remind people that it is, and maybe, want to, and would like to post a little something about it.

Edited by Derek19, 11 July 2019 - 01:23 AM.

Sponsored Post

#2 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

A Passenger to Bangkok

• Members
  • 6270 posts
  • Interests:music, reading, travel

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:49 AM

Posted Image

Edited by vaportrailer, 11 July 2019 - 12:43 PM.

#3 Blue J

Blue J

Official SOCN Designated Driver

• Members *
  • 18342 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:54 AM

View PostDerek19, on 11 July 2019 - 01:15 AM, said:

When I first started posting on, and in threads on, and in this website a year ago, and since it's my first year anniversary, and I don't, and didn't know if anyone would've noticed I have, it is, and would post a thread in, and on this part of the forums, I would post a thread myself to remind people that it is, and maybe, want to, and would like to post a little something about it.

Ummmm...wow.

Well, happy 1st anniversary, okay.

#4 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 46272 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:43 AM

But Derek, you joined the forum on November 14th.  Your anniversary isn't until November.  :huh:

Edited by Lorraine, 11 July 2019 - 11:26 AM.

#5 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 34670 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:51 AM

View PostBlue J, on 11 July 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

View PostDerek19, on 11 July 2019 - 01:15 AM, said:

Ummmm...wow.

View PostLorraine, on 11 July 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

But Derek, you joined the forum on November 14th.  You're anniversary isn't until November.  :huh:

Wow is right.

#6 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 593 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Rush, Art/Art History, US politics, Football (Soccer) and most Sports, Reading Non-fiction, Rock Music, Not going out, Cats (especially black and white tuxedo cats)

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:56 AM

But Derek, you joined the forum on November 14th.  You're anniversary isn't until November.  :huh:
Maybe it's like The Queen's birthday - an official date for the public (July 11th) and a private joining date just for the family (November 14th)?

#7 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 46272 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:21 AM

View PostIbanezJem, on 11 July 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

Maybe it's like The Queen's birthday - an official date for the public (July 11th) and a private joining date just for the family (November 14th)?

Could be.

Maybe he identifies with joining in July.  :)

#8 Derek19

Derek19

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • Interests:I like listening to music, watch movies I think look, and are really good, exercise, read, and computers including learning more about them, and what to do.

Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:26 PM

I know the month, and date says on "Nov. 14", and how it works, too.  I was going by the number of days, too, which was three hundred, and sixty-five, is underneath, where a person, and people if they want to, can upload a photo to, and for their profile, and bio.  I'm sure, I didn't, and haven't read it wrong.  Even if it is nearly, and almost six months earlier, I'm thinking, and would be thinking ahead, which I think is nothing wrong, with it, and doing that.  A year can, and does go by fast.  I may've threw, and probably have thrown people off, surprised, and confused them by this.  At least, there wouldn't need to be one on "Nov. 14" of this year, but to keep in mind, for that actual month, and day next year, which is in 2020.

Edited by Derek19, 11 July 2019 - 11:51 PM.

#9 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

A Passenger to Bangkok

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:54 PM

I have no idea, honestly and bemusedly, as to what, and of course, why, is going on.
I think Derek19 could be, and possibly might be, depending on, or of, the circumstances, a bot that is learning, and trying to improve, its skills and techniques with, but not exclusively to, the English language, such as it is, and its punctuation, thereof.
I shall not, but probably will, although I hope the former and not the latter, be fooled again, to quote The Who, or High Numbers, as they were, or are, once known as. No one likes to be fooled. :no:

Posted Image

#10 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

A Passenger to Bangkok

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:56 PM

But Derek, you joined the forum on November 14th.  Your anniversary isn't until November.  :huh:

I didn't even bother to check. Why would anyone lie about this kinda thing? :huh:
Ol' gullible me...

#11 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 8717 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:02 PM

I came into TRF a little late today and now I'm totally confused! :lol:

#12 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 593 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Rush, Art/Art History, US politics, Football (Soccer) and most Sports, Reading Non-fiction, Rock Music, Not going out, Cats (especially black and white tuxedo cats)

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:18 PM

View Postvaportrailer, on 11 July 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

I have no idea, honestly and bemusedly, as to what, and of course, why, is going on.
I think Derek19 could be, and possibly might be, depending on, or of, the circumstances, a bot that is learning, and trying to improve, its skills and techniques with, but not exclusively to, the English language, such as it is, and its punctuation, thereof.
I shall not, but probably will, although I hope the former and not the latter, be fooled again, to quote The Who, or High Numbers, as they were, or are, once known as. No one likes to be fooled. :no:

Posted Image
Derek73 in distress?

#13 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

A Passenger to Bangkok

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:22 PM

View Postblueschica, on 11 July 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

Oh, it's just another day at the confusion factory. :P

Posted Image

#14 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 46272 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:25 PM

Posted Image
You did that very well.  I think it would make me lose the little sanity I have left if I even tried to write like that.

I don't even really know what a bot is, but do you think he is?  I just figured English wasn't his first language and he had a hard time expressing himself.

#15 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 46272 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:26 PM

View Postblueschica, on 11 July 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

That makes two of us.  :wacko:

#16 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 46272 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:27 PM

View Postvaportrailer, on 11 July 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

I didn't even bother to check. Why would anyone lie about this kinda thing? :huh:
Ol' gullible me...
Did you understand his explanation as to why he did it?  If so, please translate for me.

#17 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 34670 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:31 PM

View PostLorraine, on 11 July 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

You did that very well.  I think it would make me lose the little sanity I have left if I even tried to write like that.

I don't even really know what a bot is, but do you think he is?  I just figured English wasn't his first language and he had a hard time expressing himself.

This is why we originally gave vaportrailer the member title of "Comma Chameleon" (which Goose came up with) because he's so good at imitating Derek's unique form of syntax, until Goose said it was meant for Derek. We'll save that title for Derek down the road.

#18 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

A Passenger to Bangkok

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:32 PM

Posted Image

He writes like someone from corporate services. Although I don't think they have a base of operations in Comox (although there is, or used to be, that is, a military base there now, or at one time, once).

#19 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

A Passenger to Bangkok

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:34 PM

View PostLorraine, on 11 July 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

View Postvaportrailer, on 11 July 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

Ol' gullible me...
Did you understand his explanation as to why he did it?  If so, please translate for me.

Something about time travel.
Maybe he lives on another planet. One of those fast spinnin' ones, Venus maybe.

#20 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 46272 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:35 PM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 11 July 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

This is why we originally gave vaportrailer the member title of "Comma Chameleon" (which Goose came up with) because he's so good at imitating Derek's unique form of syntax, until Goose said it was meant for Derek. We'll save that title for Derek down the road.
Vapor even got all the disjointedness (does such a word exist??) of the sentence too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users