Permanent Waves Anniversary

grasbo

Has anyone heard from across the pond if anything is happening with PeW Anniversary release.Is there one ?Is there bonus tracks/concert?Dream Theater doing Natural Science?Will Hugh Syme ruin that wonderful cover.Just asking.

There's probably an amount of money I would balk at paying for a bunch of alternate takes /versions, but not sure I'd tell my wife quite what that amount is when it comes to PW.

They don't exist though, do they? Frustrating how some artists, thinking Dylan, seem to have about twelve studio versions of every song. Others not so much...

• Like 1

Has anyone heard from across the pond if anything is happening with PeW Anniversary release.Is there one ?Is there bonus tracks/concert?Dream Theater doing Natural Science?Will Hugh Syme ruin that wonderful cover.Just asking.

Christ. Could Hugh perhaps use an alternate photo from that era? The last couple reissue covers have been horrible.

I haven’t bought any of these anniversaries yet but if they include that St Loius 1980 boot cleaned up I would scrape some coins together.Its been said here before but as good as some of the cover versions go (Dream Theater) I just don’t think they belong on an official release.Could you imagine the uproar from the Led Zep diehards If Mr Page started putting the likes of Dread Zeppelin (great pisstake) on the reissues.On the subject of the cover Hugh will probably splash oodles of colour over the grey wash and the ladies dress will be lowered for the politically correct crowd.However a Steven Wilson remix 5.1 would be wishful thinking.

One idea for the mega limited expensive overblown box set would be a Rush surfboard.I can’t surf but it would make a great addition alongside my Pink Floyd DSOM prism paperweight and LZ Presence object(fake)

Oh i do not care about your whole affair

don't care about what you need

all that i know is just money and gold

i'm entirely driven by greed

some say that's too simple a motive

and tell me i'm too flat

well i say back "blat blat blat blat"

so what do ya think about that\

i'll steal the cash from a rich man

and i'll steal the cash of the poor

whichever you are for me there's no bar

it's your money i'm looking for

oh when i see AD&D

the alignments they have do not agree

chaotic or lawful it is all just awful

cuz only cash matters to me

:cheers:

Edited by Lorraine

Here we go... haha ...

I hadn't bought any of the newer Deluxe Whatever Editions until my friend got me the 2-CD Hemispheres. I realized I'd never owned a copy of PinkPop so that was welcome.

I WOULD like to eventually pick up the 3-disc Farewell, to get the full Hammersmith show.

And I suspect any kind of PeW will have bonus live material. Full Glasgow 80? A guy can dream..... Or a complete St. Louis?

Edited by Mystic Slipperman
  • Like 1

Rush should re-record the album and add a second bonus disc. That would be rad.

Why don't we have 'em record some new demos as long as they've got Neil in the studio?

How are they getting him in the studio again?

• Like 1

Rush should re-record the album and add a second bonus disc. That would be rad.

Why don't we have 'em record some new demos as long as they've got Neil in the studio?

How are they getting him in the studio again?

Bearclaws...

As long as it includes this

We don't need Alex and Neil anymore if Geddy can become the wizard os synths programming, we could build our hope for future material, That would be a treat live...

Here's to hoping for something other than St. Louis for the additional bonus material.

Based on the last three, I think we're beyond hope. It will be St. Louis with some teaser tracks from Glasgow or Manchester just to let us know what we aren't getting.