New July dates announced for Geddy's American book tour!

blueschica

Announced in an email tonight! Email says tickets are available to Rush newsletter members ? (that is me but I'm not sure how they know) tonight before they go on sale to the general public tomorrow at 9 AM. Philly here I come!

O6GyjvI.png

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 7

The Boston date is the same night and time as the Rob Thomas show I've got tixx for. Oh well...

Oh no! Let me know if you would want to spend the money for the autographed book. The ticket is $ 97.00. My husband is going with me (as far as he can) to the Philadelphia one and could be the second ticket and get the book signed for you.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

OK, the link worked for me tonight and I got my Philly ticket! I hope tom healey can get one for Chicago! I messaged him just in case.

2A3QqTGm.png LgYD5Fum.jpg

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

The Boston date is the same night and time as the Rob Thomas show I've got tixx for. Oh well...

Oh no! Let me know if you would want to spend the money for the autographed book. The ticket is $ 97.00. My husband is going with me (as far as he can) to the Philadelphia one and could be the second ticket and get the book signed for you.

Thanks, but I'm good. I met Geddy in '97 and got the autograph and photo. Spending four hours to stand in line for a 15 second meeting is more than I'm willing to do at this point in life.

• Like 1

I would love to be there, especially since I'm only 50 miles away, but as always - no money.

Somebody here that's going, do me a favor. Ask Geddy if the "Hey Now!" from Headlong Flight is based on Hank Kingsley from The Larry Sanders Show. (Don't everybody jump to commit to this now.)

• Like 1

97 dollars??? Is he going to play Entre Nous and The Analog Kid? I want some deep cuts for that kind of scratch.

Oh it includes the book. That's a better deal. But it would be better if Terry Brown was there.

G.A.

Includes a Q&A (hosted by Rush producers Peters Collins & Nick Raskulinecz) + a copy of the Big Beautiful Book of Bass. Candid photos are permitted, but not while at the signing table. Geddy will not sign memorabilia.

$95.00

Collins & Raskulinecz will be at the Nashville appearance only.

Edited by Three Eyes
  • Like 1

97 dollars??? Is he going to play Entre Nous and The Analog Kid? I want some deep cuts for that kind of scratch.

Yeah, I swear that it was $85.00 for signings earlier in the summer! I guess 12 bucks is 12 bucks . . .:LOL:

Edited by blueschica

Got my ticket for Chicago... Rock on!!!

My former employer has a store on RUSH Street, just 20 minutes south of the B & N book-signing location. I'll be making a stop there before I catch up with Geddy...

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

OK, the link worked for me tonight and I got my Philly ticket! I hope tom healey can get one for Chicago! I messaged him just in case.

Tom Healey got one for Chicgo all right, thanks to Blueschica, one of the finest people I know! Thank you for thinking of me and sending me the heads up, as I would have missed this! There are truly some amazing people on this board. In fact, it looks like I'll be meeting a friend for dinner before the signing. He's taking his son to it. They're not huge Rush nuts per se, but are huge music fans who appreciate Rush's musicality (and are amused no end by my Rush ardor). Woop! Can't wait! Thanks again Blueschica!! I owe you one!
  • Like 4

Tom Healey got one for Chicgo all right, thanks to Blueschica, one of the finest people I know! Thank you for thinking of me and sending me the heads up, as I would have missed this! There are truly some amazing people on this board. In fact, it looks like I'll be meeting a friend for dinner before the signing. He's taking his son to it. They're not huge Rush nuts per se, but are huge music fans who appreciate Rush's musicality (and are amused no end by my Rush ardor). Woop! Can't wait! Thanks again Blueschica!! I owe you one!

I'm so glad you are able to go! My husband is going with me and is much the same as your friend and son. (he hasn't decided if he is going to borrow one of my larger Rush shirts to wear, lol! ). Thanks for the kind words, and if I ever manage my long planned trip to see my cousins in Downers and Naperville I may make you pay up! ;) :)

Yeah, I swear that it was $85.00 for signings earlier in the summer! I guess 12 bucks is 12 bucks . . .:LOL:

That’s right—retail book price plus sales tax.

I'm so glad you are able to go! My husband is going with me and is much the same as your friend and son. (he hasn't decided if he is going to borrow one of my larger Rush shirts to wear, lol! ). Thanks for the kind words, and if I ever manage my long planned trip to see my cousins in Downers and Naperville I may make you pay up! ;) :)

Apparently the kid in this photo was trying to eat sand. You can see it in his hand. That's how his mother got the shot.

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 1

Peart must be pissed that Geddy's got a bigger book tour than he's ever been able to muster!

Peart should’ve been doing book signings too but it’s just not in him to meet people like that. If I were him I’d go out of my comfort zone and do a limited book signing fandango. Fans would shit themselves then kill each other for those limited tickets.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 4

Peart must be pissed that Geddy's got a bigger book tour than he's ever been able to muster!

Peart should’ve been doing book signings too but it’s just not in him to meet people like that. If I were him I’d go out of my comfort zone and do a limited book signing fandango. Fans would shit themselves then kill each other for those limited tickets.

Peart is really good at hide and seek. Well he's good at hiding but he doesn't bother seeking...

• Like 1

Peart is really good at hide and seek. Well he's good at hiding but he doesn't bother seeking...

You know he sought enlightenment in China's mountains, giving us the gift of Tai Shan . . . . :banghead:

• Like 1

There was an article I remember years ago that nobody here has ever mentioned (other than me). In it, Peart says that he could find satisfaction in just being a non-touring recording artist. He stated that the creation of a project would be enough. I guess his ideas have changed over time.

There was an article I remember years ago that nobody here has ever mentioned (other than me). In it, Peart says that he could find satisfaction in just being a non-touring recording artist. He stated that the creation of a project would be enough. I guess his ideas have changed over time.

Maybe he should have been a session musician. He'd probably find a way to bitch about that though. Oh I hate these drum clinics, my 43 fans keep mobbing me asking me for tips and free shit.

• Like 1

You know he sought enlightenment in China's mountains, giving us the gift of Tai Shan . . . . :banghead:

It's a heavy metal masterpiece isn't it?? :banana:

• Like 1

It's a heavy metal masterpiece isn't it?? :banana:

One of my first posts, if not very first post, was about my hike up Tai Shan. You can blame that song for bringing me to TRF! :blaze:

(I had several pics of that trip on here too but then photobucket got greedy so now there’s nothing but the post itself)

• Like 2