Taylor Hawkins Of The Foo Fighters - drummed with another Canadian act

Hello so we're all aware that Taylor Hawkins cites Neil Peart as a drumming influence and did the induction speech with Dave Grohl when RUSH were inducted into the 2013 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

I just learned that Hawkins drummed for another Canadian music act in the early 90's named Sass Jordan from this recent interview here. Check out the 1994 group photo.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

Hello so we're all aware that Taylor Hawkins cites Neil Peart as a drumming influence and did the induction speech with Dave Grohl when RUSH were inducted into the 2013 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

I just learned that Hawkins drummed for another Canadian music act in the early 90's named Sass Jordan from this recent interview here. Check out the 1994 group photo.

He also drummed for Alanis Morissette just before he was drafted into the Foos.

• Like 3

And it was on the Jagged Little Pill tour when Alanis got f***in huge. I remember Sass Jordan having a few radio hits in the 90s. Decent rock from what I remember but I don't think it was anything too special.

• Like 1

And it was on the Jagged Little Pill tour when Alanis got f***in huge. I remember Sass Jordan having a few radio hits in the 90s. Decent rock from what I remember but I don't think it was anything too special.

That album has to be one of the best albums of the 90s. Like top ten, twenty at the very least.

That album has to be one of the best albums of the 90s. Like top ten, twenty at the very least.

If we're talking just pop albums sure. It's probably number one. But overall there's a lot of rock and metal I would put above it. That's not a knock on the album either because it's very good.

If we're talking just pop albums sure. It's probably number one. But overall there's a lot of rock and metal I would put above it. That's not a knock on the album either because it's very good.

I just uploaded a few songs from the album about a week ago! Isn't it ironic?
  • Like 3

I don't know, I think it holds its own against 90s classics in any genre. It just has so many excellent songs with such an immediately identifiable sound and style, and narry a dull moment.

Check out 'Rats' and 'Racine' by Sass - good stuff!Take the high road easy...

I don't know, I think it holds its own against 90s classics in any genre. It just has so many excellent songs with such an immediately identifiable sound and style, and narry a dull moment.

:goodone:
  • Like 1

High Road Easy is one of the songs I know from her.

High Road Easy is one of the songs I know from her.

I remember her. Got her first album. Sounded like Chris Robinson.

My guitarist suggested learning You Oughtta Know recently and I burst out laughing. He's basically a music guy, not a lyrics guy. Most of our gigs have children around. I played the "Are thinking of me when you f**k her" line and his eyes bulged.

I wasn't aware that Hawkins also drummed for Alanis Morrisette.

To the non-Canadians, you should check out Morrisette as a pop-dance act, simply known as 'Alanis' before the Jagged Little Pill era and beyond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar7afdfBHj4

To the non-Canadians, you should check out Morrisette as a pop-dance act, simply known as 'Alanis' before the Jagged Little Pill era and beyond.

I don't remember the pop-dance act, but certainly remember her on You Can't Do That On Television

I don't remember the pop-dance act, but certainly remember her on You Can't Do That On Television

No one outside of Canada remembers her as a dance pop act. I don't think that stuff was ever released outside of the country.

Load of whiny, preachy shite.

Load of whiny, preachy shite.

Sounds like Snakes and Arrows.

• Like 2

I discovered this new interview with Sass Jordan from Music Life Magazine here.

What stands out is how Jordan pioneered a musical style to an extend that Alanis Morrisette had success with on a global scale.

So Taylor Hawkins went to play drums with Alanis Morrisette as the pay was higher according to this recent 2018 interview with KLOS 95.5 posted

, which I've time stamped. Edited by RushFanForever