• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 34689 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:48 PM

View Postlaunchpad67a, on 23 July 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

The guitar(s) of the future were built in 1951 and 1954, when Leo Fender designed the Telecaster and Stratocaster.
The original concept hasn't changed. And the farther one moves away from that original concept the less the guitar sounds like a guitar.

Bingo. This is one of the reasons why Gibson got themselves into so much financial trouble in recent years. They kept spending money and R&D trying to re-invent the guitar with all these modern contrivances and ugly paint jobs and body shapes (the Reverse Flying V???) that nobody wanted. The new CEO is trying to go back to making actual guitars again, so that's a start.

If you want your guitar to make funky sounds, there are pedals and processors for that.

Sponsored Post

#22 condemned2bfree

condemned2bfree

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 2007 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:21 AM

The Stradivari Sabionari guitar was made 350yrs ago. It's design was the guitar of the future for many centuries. If anyone would have presented a Strat design alone, to folk of this time, I'd wager they'd have point blank rejected it, maybe more. Heresy etc.

Progress and acceptance can sometimes take centuries in culture and is not in itself quantified by a failed overnight market campaign by Gibson.
Recent histories can make it hard to appreciate or accept that civilisation at times is marked by slow change - but always progresses.

Does the emergence of popular culture and modern guitars devalue the Stradivari Sabionari?..no. The Stradivari Sabionari (along with other guitars of that time) is worth millions and valued more than ever to those who appreciate it.

The Stradivari Sabionari still did not prevent the emergence of new guitars even with its 300 year reign. Change and progress can't be stopped.

Still, I prefer my wooden guitars. : )

https://www.youtube....h?v=yGKan6eX5ug

#23 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24927 posts
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:42 PM

View Postcondemned2bfree, on 24 July 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:

The Stradivari Sabionari guitar was made 350yrs ago. It's design was the guitar of the future for many centuries. If anyone would have presented a Strat design alone, to folk of this time, I'd wager they'd have point blank rejected it, maybe more. Heresy etc.

Progress and acceptance can sometimes take centuries in culture and is not in itself quantified by a failed overnight market campaign by Gibson.
Recent histories can make it hard to appreciate or accept that civilisation at times is marked by slow change - but always progresses.

Does the emergence of popular culture and modern guitars devalue the Stradivari Sabionari?..no. The Stradivari Sabionari (along with other guitars of that time) is worth millions and valued more than ever to those who appreciate it.

The Stradivari Sabionari still did not prevent the emergence of new guitars even with its 300 year reign. Change and progress can't be stopped.

Umm...Good luck selling a guitar that required electricity to be heard correctly.

I love wooden guitars, but give me a Strat with a Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special anytime!

#24 condemned2bfree

condemned2bfree

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 2007 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 05:58 AM

View PostMaverick, on 25 July 2019 - 06:42 PM, said:

View Postcondemned2bfree, on 24 July 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:

The Stradivari Sabionari guitar was made 350yrs ago. It's design was the guitar of the future for many centuries. If anyone would have presented a Strat design alone, to folk of this time

Umm...Good luck selling a guitar that required electricity to be heard correctly.

I love wooden guitars, but give me a Strat with a Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special anytime!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users