Bowling? Is It A "True Sport"...??

Principled Man

After a 25-year hiatus, I managed to find my bowling ball and shoes, and off to the bowling alley I went.

199, 149, 181

I'll take it. :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

0a86a742ac4208d50065e44cb18bae3c.jpg

• Like 3

Those are pretty good numbers! :ebert: :ebert:

And Dick Weber would say YASSSSSS!

Had some sloppy strikes, some good strikes, and some missed spares, of course.

My arm sure isn't as strong as it once was! The ball was rolling so slooooooowly.... :doh:

• Like 1

Any activity where you can participate and drink beer is not a sport.

That's such a lame and expected response. One can participate and drink beer in any sport or activity.

Is softball a sport then?

Funny but I don't see the professional bowlers drinking beer .

• Like 1

Bowling is a sport.

My average over the last 20 years or so is around 215. For those who think it is not a sport, let me know what you average.

I average 3 beers.

Since you've spent time perfecting throwing a heavy ball accurately, you must be much higher on the manly man scale than I. :eyeroll:

Edited by HemiBeers

Any activity where you can participate and drink beer is not a sport.

That's such a lame and expected response. One can participate and drink beer in any sport or activity.

Is softball a sport then?

Funny but I don't see the professional bowlers drinking beer .

Apparently I treaded on your sacred bowling territory. But for many, bowling is a game of throw a ball, drink a some beer, throw a ball, eat some nachos.

The unwritten rule in the UK is that it is NOT a sport if you can play it in your normal shoes. So Bowling counts as a sport. You do have to wear the weird shoes.
  • Like 1

Bowling, and softball are classified, and have been considered as sports. I've done some five, and ten pin bowling, but it wasn't on a regular, and daily basis, though. I have my own pair of bowling shoes. I don't know what my average for the both of them were.

Bowling is a sport.

My average over the last 20 years or so is around 215. For those who think it is not a sport, let me know what you average.

Some jackass in my circle of friends only played golf because it was the only sport at which he was halfway good. He routinely mocked bowling, but we all knew that he did so only because he sucked at it. :laughing guy:

• Like 2

After a 25-year hiatus, I managed to find my bowling ball and shoes, and off to the bowling alley I went.

199, 149, 181

Damn good scores for not doing it for 25 years. It's more of a sport than car racing which is called a sport.

Bowling is a sport.

Some jackass in my circle of friends only played golf because it was the only sport at which he was halfway good. He routinely mocked bowling, but we all knew that he did so only because he sucked at it. :laughing guy:

Hemibeers by chance? :)

Bowling is a sport.

No, I mock golf as well.

Nothing more than an activity for feeble retired men to get them out of the house and away from their insufferable wives. This is the same 'sport' than calls John Daly a professional. He's one bald head away from Homer Simpson.

Maybe what I consider a 'sport' is something that actually gets your heart rate above normal at least part of the time. and no...sex doesn't count.

Edited by HemiBeers

199, 149, 181

Damn good scores for not doing it for 25 years. It's more of a sport than car racing which is called a sport.

Auto racing, please . . . :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Bowling is a sport.

No, I mock golf as well.

Nothing more than an activity for feeble retired men to get them out of the house and away from their insufferable wives. This is the same 'sport' than calls John Daly a professional. He's one bald head away from Homer Simpson.

Maybe what I consider a 'sport' is something that actually gets your heart rate above normal at least part of the time. and no...sex doesn't count.

Dude, we get it. You're not talented or skilled enough to golf or bowl with any degree of success. I've played plenty of sports and golf is by far the most difficult.
  • Like 1

Bowling is a sport.

No, I mock golf as well.

Dude, we get it. You're not talented or skilled enough to golf or bowl with any degree of success. I've played plenty of sports and golf is by far the most difficult.

giphy.gif

Dude, you don't get it. I don't waste my time with boring activities like bowling, golf, lawn darts, cornhole, etc. If you want to measure your value by the fact that you perfected rolling a ball, then that's your own glory. I don't f***ing care.

By the way, I played baseball and basketball through high school. You know...real sports. And I dabbled in skydiving in my younger days. Comparing bowling and golf to skydiving is a f***ing joke.

He asked the question, I answered it.

"nobody f***s with de jesus".

go shine your ball.

Edited by HemiBeers

Bowling is a sport.

No, I mock golf as well.

giphy.gif

Dude, you don't get it. I don't waste my time with boring activities like bowling, golf, lawn darts, cornhole, etc. If you want to measure your value by the fact that you perfected rolling a ball, then that's your own glory. I don't f***ing care.

By the way, I played baseball and basketball through high school. You know...real sports. And I dabbled in skydiving in my younger days. Comparing bowling and golf to skydiving is a f***ing joke.

He asked the question, I answered it. f**k off if you don't like it.

Skydiving!! hahaha..so falling out of a plane somehow takes some degree of skill! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. You must be pretty lame if can't even roll a ball with any degree of skill. :)

Bowling is a sport.

No, I mock golf as well.

giphy.gif

He asked the question, I answered it. f**k off if you don't like it.

Skydiving!! hahaha..so falling out of a plane somehow takes some degree of skill! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. You must be pretty lame if can't even roll a ball with any degree of skill. :)

Well I guess some people have the balls to risk their life. Others would prefer to just roll them around.

Hell yeah, I'd take those scores! Doubt I could still throw my ball, a sanded urethane Ebonite 16 pounder with full fingertip grip and inserts. My understanding is if you decide to seriously get back into it, the first step is a lighter ball. Edited by pjbear05

Hell yeah, I'd take those scores! Doubt I could still throw my ball, a sanded urethane Ebonite 16 pounder with full fingertip grip and inserts. My understanding is if you decide to seriously get back into it, the first step is a lighter ball.

A lighter ball? But...but.....that would force me to admit that I'm too old and/or out of shape to throw a 16-pounder!! :o :o :LOL:

Edited by Principled Man

Bowling is a sport.

No, I mock golf as well.

giphy.gif

He asked the question, I answered it.

"nobody f***s with de jesus".

go shine your ball.

Yeah, well, thats just, like, your opinion, man.

Never played sports in high school but if I were forced it would be volleyball. Took it for fall semester in junior and senior year of high school.