The Brave New Poll: New Maiden (2000-present) vs Old Maiden (1980-1992)

treeduck

The Brave New Poll: New Maiden (2000-present) vs Old Maiden (1980-1992)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Maiden era is best?

• New Maiden (2000-present)
    • Old Maiden (1980-1992)
    • Neither
    • Both are equal because ALL Maiden is good, ANY Maiden is good!

I personally prefer old Maiden, but that's a function of my age-at-time.

The newer albums are great and the songs are great. I believe I'd like them equally had they come out when I was 15.

Frankly, Maiden hasn't slipped at all.

But Powerslave is my fave and Piece is second, so I must be biased. :)

Don't even recognise anything after 1988......

I know plenty of folks whose entire musical philosophy can be found in that same box.

And to think I wasn't even alive yet, and I'm 30 next year. That's a long time to avoid music!

• Like 2

I know plenty of folks whose entire musical philosophy can be found in that same box.

:LOL:

I was that way in junior high. Very little new music I even tolerated. Then some guy online said, "hey, if you like Queen so much, you should check out Muse!" Now I look forward to new music friday every week and compile a ranking of each new album I listen to each year for my year end list.

You forgot to put the Blaze Era in the poll. That would completely change things. :rfl:

But seriously, as much as I love the 2000s stuff, I gotta go with 80-92, mainly because their first seven albums are bonafide classics.

I personally think Fear Of The Dark is as weak as the Blaze albums.

Actually, I totally agree with you. X-Factor is probably better than FOTD even though I'm a huge Dickinson fan. Virtual XI is pretty shitty though.

You forgot to put the Blaze Era in the poll. That would completely change things. :rfl:

But seriously, as much as I love the 2000s stuff, I gotta go with 80-92, mainly because their first seven albums are bonafide classics.

I personally think Fear Of The Dark is as weak as the Blaze albums.

Actually, I totally agree with you. X-Factor is probably better than FOTD even though I'm a huge Dickinson fan. Virtual XI is pretty shitty though.

I would rate X Factor higher than Fear as well.

I actually LOVE the songs on X Factor.

the vocals are horrid though. it's like they picked up a drunk uncle at a wedding reception and said "wanna make a few bucks?"

Mick

The material is good on Factor, but nearly every song has a dull chorus that not even Bruce could save. It's still better than the other two though.

• Like 1

the vocals are horrid though. it's like they picked up a drunk uncle at a wedding reception and said "wanna make a few bucks?"

Mick

The material is good on Factor, but nearly every song has a dull chorus that not even Bruce could save. It's still better than the other two though.

Which band do you think will still be playing when they're 90???

Mick

Between who?

Mick

Between who?

Anyone, any band at all. Even your mum's Cheerleader Parade Allstar Band if you like!

Mick

Between who?

Anyone, any band at all. Even your mum's Cheerleader Parade Allstar Band if you like!

Not so sure Maiden will be playing when they're 90 but I think Steve Harris will be. The guy barely ages. He's 63 and still moves around the stage like he did 30 years ago.

Mick

Between who?

Not so sure Maiden will be playing when they're 90 but I think Steve Harris will be. The guy barely ages. He's 63 and still moves around the stage like he did 30 years ago.

He's got good jeans.