The Brave New Poll: New Maiden (2000-present) vs Old Maiden (1980-1992)

treeduck

The Brave New Poll: New Maiden (2000-present) vs Old Maiden (1980-1992)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Maiden era is best?

• New Maiden (2000-present)
    • Old Maiden (1980-1992)
    • Neither
    • Both are equal because ALL Maiden is good, ANY Maiden is good!

Or in other words, which Blaze-less version of Maiden was better, aye?

I vote both- I think both eras have had one or two subpar albums, but Maiden’s version of subpar still kicks major metal arse.

• Like 3

I prefer the classic run. Brave New World and Dance Of Death are pretty close to that I think. But those first seven albums (even though I think the Di'anno stuff is crazily overrated by some) are just it.

I vote both- I think both eras have had one or two subpar albums, but Maiden’s version of subpar still kicks major metal arse.

I forgot about him to be honest! :16ton:

• Like 1

I forgot about him to be honest! :16ton:

Easy to do, as far as I’m concerned!

• Like 2

In the immortal words of someone else, olde Maiden good, new Maiden bad. (but not really bad, just not as good)

Nick Sims where are you?

Banned from here at least twice...

• Like 3

I prefer the classic run. Brave New World and Dance Of Death are pretty close to that I think. But those first seven albums (even though I think the Di'anno stuff is crazily underrated by some) are just it.

:)

I love both eras. Buuuuuuuuuut............

The debut through No Prayer For The Dying is near perfect.

• Like 1

In the immortal words of someone else, olde Maiden good, new Maiden bad. (but not really bad, just not as good)

Nick Sims where are you?

Banned from here at least twice...

He sometimes appears on the forum you can see his name in the list or in a particular thread.

I’m more compelled to listen to their newer music. I don’t know it as well as NOTB, so I would rather listen to Book Of Souls for the 20th time than Beast for the 500th.

Only 500??? :o

• Like 2

I’m more compelled to listen to their newer music. I don’t know it as well as NOTB, so I would rather listen to Book Of Souls for the 20th time than Beast for the 500th.

Only 500??? :o

Yeah, I'm guessing I have heard that album more than that. How many times have they played Beast and Hallowed live? It's probably somewhere in that neighborhood for me.

• Like 1

DiAnno era greatest of all!!

I need to share a live video of him. There's one which I swear is magic!

With, and when "Blaze Bayley", was the lead singer in the band, and group to lead sing on the two c.ds, and albums "the X Factor (1995)", and "Virtual XI (1998)", I'm not including the both of them. I've said that I think, and felt Iron Maiden's studio music is, and has been consistently great throughout. As for their c.ds, and albums from "Brave New World (2000) - Book of Souls (2015)" having any "bloated" music, and songs on them because of running time, I don't agree, and I disagree, with that assessment. I felt like their music should've needed, and deserved a from "1980-2015" vote. Overall, Maybe, for some other people, who do like, and have liked Iron Maiden, and any, or all of their music, they don't want to, and choose not to vote for any. Edited by Derek19

With, and when "Blaze Bayley", was the lead singer in the band, and group to lead sing on the two c.ds, and albums "the X Factor", and "Virtual XI", I'm not including the both of them. I've said that I think, and felt Iron Maiden's studio music is, and has been consistently great throughout. As their c.ds, and albums from "Brave New World (2000)-Book of Souls (2015)" having any "bloated" music, and songs on them because of running time, I don't agree, and I disagree, with that assessment. I felt like it should've needed, and deserved a from "1980-2015" vote.

I agree. Yes, the albums are longer and the songs can be repetitive, but at the same time I like or love everything from 2000 onwards, so those things seem more like observations that criticisms.

You forgot to put the Blaze Era in the poll. That would completely change things. :rfl:

But seriously, as much as I love the 2000s stuff, I gotta go with 80-92, mainly because their first seven albums are bonafide classics.

You forgot to put the Blaze Era in the poll. That would completely change things. :rfl:

But seriously, as much as I love the 2000s stuff, I gotta go with 80-92, mainly because their first seven albums are bonafide classics.

I personally think Fear Of The Dark is as weak as the Blaze albums.

• Like 2