MegaDave has throat cancer!

Having lost both my mom and grandfather to cancer, I don't have any positive feelings when I hear the word. Megadeth is one of my favorite bands. They helped to grow my love for metal during my early years of getting into the genre. Mustaine is one of the greatest and most gifted guitar players ever in metal. Some don't like his vocals but I think they fit the band perfectly. I hope he can overcome it and give us another great album. Anyone who heard Megadeth's last album knows that Dave is far from finished in giving his fans great music.
  • Like 2

Is or was Dave a cigarette smoker?

Did he grow up in a home with second hand smoke?

Not sure but it's pretty well known that he had drinking and drug problems for a long time. Don't think he got sober until some time in the 90s.

• Like 1

Have always admired Dave and his music and hope he gets through this...hopefully he continues making music even if it means getting another singer...his voice to be fair has been screwed for a while now.

Hope he makes it through and lives a long and happy life cancer free afterwards. My ex met him at a meet and greet (I won it via an entry on their website and gave it to her). She said he was warm and took time to chat with all the folks there and felt like he wasn't just trying to 'get it over with'.
  • Like 4

Hope he makes it through and lives a long and happy life cancer free afterwards. My ex met him at a meet and greet (I won it via an entry on their website and gave it to her). She said he was warm and took time to chat with all the folks there and felt like he wasn't just trying to 'get it over with'.

Yeah, that's why I don't like when people call Dave an asshole all the time. Yeah, he might be but he is very humble and thankful to the fans. That has to count for something. I have never heard any bad stories about meet and greets with him. You can tell how genuine he is when he thanks the fans live. You can't fake the real love Dave has for them.

• Like 4

Yeah, that's why I don't like when people call Dave an asshole all the time. Yeah, he might be but he is very humble and thankful to the fans. That has to count for something. I have never heard any bad stories about meet and greets with him. You can tell how genuine he is when he thanks the fans live. You can't fake the real love Dave has for them.

plus. think of it this way. being in a famous band. he must get hounded ALL the time by fans.

i mean i'm sure he's douch-y at times but i kinda get it. it's got to be stressful.

Ditto. Portnoy.....and we all know i have a complicated view of him, lol

Mick

• Like 1

That's a very nice story. I like to read things like that.

plus. think of it this way. being in a famous band. he must get hounded ALL the time by fans.

i mean i'm sure he's douch-y at times but i kinda get it. it's got to be stressful.

Ditto. Portnoy.....and we all know i have a complicated view of him, lol

Mick

While i have never read about about dave being a dick to his paying fans, i have read multiple accounts of dave being a dick to his bandmates and other groups he was touring with.

Ask chris poland.

Or nick menza, may he rip. Fired 2 days out of surgery

Or ask junior. Now he is a minister. Lol

Get well dave.

• Like 1

I thought I may've seen, and heard that. To Dave Mustaine, I've been hoping for a full recovery from throat cancer.

I am glad to seem that dave seems to be on the mend. i saw they are playing again and a new tour with lamb of god was announced.

been listening to alot of old school deth lately.

in particular 99 ways to die has been rocking on route to bike rides!

He's cancer free now. His voice was already going a little downhill before the throat cancer, I wonder if it's affected his vocals in any way now.

I had not thought of that. seems like i read his daughter sang a tout le monde with the band recently.