What's the STUPIDEST band you like?

Rutlefan

As in, if they weren't in a band, they'd be the recipient of a Darwin Award, or featured in one of those I Can't Believe How Stupid These People Are videos (people who stack ladders, or topple cranes trying to lift a bulldozer over an embankment, etc etc).

I love these guys but I'm surprised they're still alive (they're a hard drinking, hard living lot). Even more amazingly they released a third album earlier this year and it's really good! Wonder of wonders.

Stupid, but catchy; catchy, but stupid:

Very British humor:

Stupid, but brilliant; a post-rock I am the Walrus methinks:

Edited by Rutlefan

^ I think so. To this day he's ruined King of Pain for me; all I hear is "There's a sale on our gaberdine suits today, they're all 30% off from yesterday..." (from King of Suede). Seriously, and King of Pain was my favorite track from Synchronicity.

p.s., after re-visiting King of Suede on YT (that's not going to help me get past it) I watched the Headline News video, the parody of the obnoxious Mmm Mmm Mmm song. Hilarious!

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 2

^ exactly :goodone: (Sailing the Seas of Cheese wasn't meant as a serious artistic statement!?!). Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

As in, if they weren't in a band, they'd be the recipient of a Darwin Award, or featured in one of those I Can't Believe How Stupid These People Are videos (people who stack ladders, or topple cranes trying to lift a bulldozer over an embankment, etc etc).

I love these guys but I'm surprised they're still alive (they're a hard drinking, hard living lot). Even more amazingly they released a third album earlier this year and it's really good! Wonder of wonders.

Very British humor:

So we have to guess the band?
  • Like 1

Very British humor:

If you'd like, or you can click on a link. Any of them work.

^ exactly :goodone: (Sailing the Seas of Cheese wasn't meant as a serious artistic statement!?!).

^ exactly :goodone: (Sailing the Seas of Cheese wasn't meant as a serious artistic statement!?!).

I wouldn’t count Primus or Phish (both bands I like). Both have been often, if not, usually silly but I wouldn’t say that either are stupid.

It’s no surprise to me that Claypool and Anastasio (along with Stew Copeland) teamed up some 20 years ago for the Oysterhead album.

• Like 1

Spinal Tap. It's almost like they were a fake made up band.

Tap is the exact opposite - absolute genius.

“The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin’ “ :P

My garage band plays Big Bottom as well as Cups and Cakes.

• Like 2

Very British humor:

Guess I won't know since you cannot make the effort to tell us who the band is.
  • Like 1

Very British humor:

Guess I won't know since you cannot make the effort to tell us who the band is.

That's great, whatever turns you on.

Edited by Rutlefan

Not sure if this is what you are going for but one of mine would be Motley Crue. How a group can make a song as beautiful as Home Sweet Home and be such goofs in real life is beyond me.
  • Like 1

Not sure if this is what you are going for but one of mine would be Motley Crue. How a group can make a song as beautiful as Home Sweet Home and be such goofs in real life is beyond me.

I should add, though, props to Nikki Sixx for being sober 17 years and counting!

• Like 3

How are you defining stupid?

However you'd like. Can be intentional or not. Band might be aware they're idiots, or not. On that note, they might not be idiotic but are just being tongue in cheek. Very subjective obviously.

I should add, though, props to Nikki Sixx for being sober 17 years and counting!

Has supported Covenant House too (a shelter and drop-in center for homeless teens). Played music there, raised money. Good on him.

• Like 2

How are you defining stupid?

However you'd like. Can be intentional or not. Band might be aware they're idiots, or not. On that note, they might not be idiotic but are just being tongue in cheek. Very subjective obviously.

I can think of a lot of stupid bands but I am not a fan of any of them. I can think of some odd bands who do odd music or lyrics that I still find interesting and entertaining but I wouldn't call them stupid.

Primus and Puscifer are two that most quickly come to mind.

Edited by thesweetscience
  • Like 1

Spinal Tap. It's almost like they were a fake made up band.

Tap is the exact opposite - absolute genius.

“The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin’ “ :P

"...you know what I mean..." (I think) :P

• Like 1