Big Papi

edhunter

I won't post a link to the video here because it is really disturbing. I sure hope he pulls through with some semblance of a normal life afterward. But I have a sneaking suspicion that as this investigation starts digging into what happened, a lot of Boston sports fans are not going to like the things they learn about David Ortiz. He is the most beloved Boston sports figure of the last 50 years at least. But the video makes it clear that the shooting was not an accident or a robbery.

I won't post a link to the video here because it is really disturbing. I sure hope he pulls through with some semblance of a normal life afterward. But I have a sneaking suspicion that as this investigation starts digging into what happened, a lot of Boston sports fans are not going to like the things they learn about David Ortiz. He is the most beloved Boston sports figure of the last 50 years at least. But the video makes it clear that the shooting was not an accident or a robbery.

Weird shit happening in the DR.

The shooter got his head kicked in.

If only that would happen to every shooter.

He's not a very good shooter either unless he didn't intend to kill him. At that distance he should have been able to put one in the back of his head. Then again, he could have been scared out of his mind or nervous as heck and just did what came natural. Also, not sure how the video is disturbing. They showed it on the national news twice and all you could see was a puff of smoke and then Ortiz kind of stumbling off his stool. The video is pretty bad quality.

Then again, I've seen the video from this incident which was disturbing.

http://academics.wellesley.edu/Polisci/wj/Vietnam/ThreeImages/images/EAdams.jpg

He's not a very good shooter either unless he didn't intend to kill him. At that distance he should have been able to put one in the back of his head. Then again, he could have been scared out of his mind or nervous as heck...

Looked like a young guy, skinny. I'm sure he knew the retribution that was coming.

Get well, Big Papi...

http://beckett-www.s3.amazonaws.com/news/news-content/uploads/2015/09/1997-Ultra-David-Ortiz-RC.jpg

I saw him play first base for the Salt Lake Triple-A team in the late 90s. He was huge even then. He would hit these big towering home runs that went up and over the berm that lines The Outfield

• Like 2

Reading that a drug lord ordered a hit as he claimed Ortiz was having an affair with his wife. Who knows how true this might be???

Makes the most sense actually, what other crime syndicate acts so ruthlessly, and would brazenly assassinate him in a public setting?....it's also being reported that Ortiz was warned, but ignored it.

He's not a very good shooter either unless he didn't intend to kill him. At that distance he should have been able to put one in the back of his head. Then again, he could have been scared out of his mind or nervous as heck...

Looked like a young guy, skinny. I'm sure he knew the retribution that was coming.

The most recent reports here are that the shooter was a cop.

Reading that a drug lord ordered a hit as he claimed Ortiz was having an affair with his wife. Who knows how true this might be???

I heard it was just a foot massage. Edited by goose
  • Like 1

A foot massage is a very personal act. :0

I'm glad Big Papi is going to be okay because he was a great player and an emotional leader, and I hope justice is done, etc. But I'm pretty sure that I'm a bad person because my reaction to the news that he'd be in Boston was "I hope he doesn't inspire the Bruins for Game 7" . . .

Let's Go Blues!

I saw, and heard what happened to "David Ortiz". From the shooting, I hope he'll be able to have a full recovery.
  • Like 1

I heard it was just a foot massage.

the brother had a weight problem and a speech impediment.

Only $7,800 to off someone. It's only natural that the hit was botched. You get what you pay for. :facepalm: Edited by Principled Man

Only $7,800 to off someone. It's only natural that the hit was botched. You get what you pay for. :facepalm:

And Ortiz wasn't even the guy to be offed. Imagine that..... :laughing guy:

Only $7,800 to off someone. It's only natural that the hit was botched. You get what you pay for. :facepalm:

And Ortiz wasn't even the guy to be offed. Imagine that..... :laughing guy:

that is such a b******* story. Even Saudi Arabia looked better covering up khashoggi's murder
  • Like 1