Best movie of the year so far? Brightburn.

Rushian King

Kept the story short and sweet and to the point. None of this bloated, full of yourself, not very good, 2 hour+ bullsh!t.

:goodone:

I have seen previews, and commercials, and heard of "Brightburn", but I haven't watched it to know if I think it's good, or bad.

For me, Stan & Ollie (2018). Steve Coogan and John C Reilly brought something to the movie, to Stan and Ollie themselves. The movie was funny, moving, and heartbreaking. I love the movie.

I read that it's quite graphic on terms of gore, thus the R-rating. A bummer because I's like to see it with my son.

In the trailer, one of the kid’s victims gets a big shard of glass in her eye. My first thought was, “GRATUITOUS”.

I read that it's quite graphic on terms of gore, thus the R-rating. A bummer because I's like to see it with my son.

In the trailer, one of the kid’s victims gets a big shard of glass in her eye. My first thought was, “GRATUITOUS”.

It's trend that I don't appreciate very much.
  • Like 1

I suppose it was gratuitous... but it was awesome.

I suppose it was gratuitous... but it was awesome.

OK, I'll ask. What was awesome about it?

How old's your son? Younger than a teen and maybe it'd be too much.

I've watched "Brightburn". I think it isn't bad, and would say this on, and in a post. Goose (Allen), I don't know your son, and daughter, but I think, and wouldn't recommend either your son, daughter, and or the both of them to see it. Edited by Derek19

I've watched "Brightburn". I think it isn't bad, and would say this on, and in a post. Goose (Allen), I don't know your son, and daughter, but I think, and wouldn't recommend either your son, daughter, and or the both of them to see it.

Yeah, I’m aware of that eye scene. Not too different from that awesome kill from John Wick 3. Yeah, not for early teens.

Not a movie I’d see in theaters but I’ll catch it on Starz since they’re the home of Sony movies. Plus, aforementioned, someone I went to high school with is in it.

• Like 2

I wouldn't, and didn't see it in theatres. For me, it's not any particular scene. Without giving anything away, it's the overall tone, and look of the movie. Edited by Derek19

So, I saw it. There's a good 30-minute story there, with a great cast, but it's weighed down by gratuitous gore, endless jump-scare moments, and a strange combination of slow pacing and a lack of character development. A good idea poirly executed.

So, I saw it. There's a good 30-minute story there, with a great cast, but it's weighed down by gratuitous gore, endless jump-scare moments, and a strange combination of slow pacing and a lack of character development. A good idea poorly executed.

Standard operating procedure for most of today's films, yes?

• Like 1

So, I saw it. There's a good 30-minute story there, with a great cast, but it's weighed down by gratuitous gore, endless jump-scare moments, and a strange combination of slow pacing and a lack of character development. A good idea poorly executed.

Standard operating procedure for most of today's films, yes?

Definitely.

No matter, who they are, I wouldn't recommend anyone to go, and see it in theatres.

I was looking forward to this. I don't mind a bit of gore and violence, since when is that unique to modern movies? And anyone who thinks this is surprising has obviously not paid attention to James Gunn (this movies producer) and his pre-MCU work (Slither (director), Dawn Of The Dead '04 (screenwriter)). This is also an early attempt by the director, and it seems to follow in the footsteps of hailed Hollywood hitmakers like Sam Raimi (Evil Dead/Spider-Man) and Peter Jackson (Bad Taste/The Lord Of The Rings).

Sure, this wasn't a perfect movie, but it was a bit of fun and shows much promise. All this bullshit nonsense that "it's like every modern movie", seriously this movie is tame compared to most of the very controversial 70's and 80's horrors. Not every "superhero" movie has to be aimed at families, just as not every comic strip character is intended for kids (Deadpool, Spawn).

Slate the movie, but don't act like it's a reflection of current times. This movie has its heart set on old school horror movies, and it's great fun.