Geddy's BBBB book tour moves to Europe!

blueschica

Oh man, what a week it has been!

First of all seeing & meeting Geddy in Manchester for the first time ever was already super awesome! But the big cherry on top of my Rush fancake came on Thursday in Amsterdam. I brought my Dirk bag (which can be seen on the R40 DVD) with me to the event for the casual photo moment. And yes he recognized the bag from the video! Man, I was lost for words for a split second when he said that! That was so awesome :7up: I also gave a Dirk bag to the man himself. That was such an hilarious moment :LOL: We both laughed out loud when I handed him over his own bag (check out my avatar pic, it's there on the table). For those of you who wonder where these bags come from: Dirk is a Dutch supermarket chain.

Then after my own 25 seconds with Geddy I was able to hang around next to the signing table a just a little bit longer. That's because I went to the event together with a dozen Dutch super fans (all blokes). They were all patiently (and a bit nervously) waiting at the end of the queue. I managed to film all their encounters with :geddy: That was super fun. He even recognized some of these guys from shows that they've been to over the years because a couple of them are super tall and that led to several short and fun conversations between them.

All in all this bonus Rush adventure was an absolutely pricesless experience and I'm so happy my husband filmed my Amsterdam encounter so that I can live it all again :LOL:

Very awesome :hail:

• Like 2

Some fans are nuts. I attended one of the signings and despite the audience politely being told several times "he won't be signing instruments or memorabilia", there were many who sauntered up with stuff for him to sign. Geddy was a consummate pro the whole time. In fact, I was amazed he literally stood the whole time, and with such poise. He's in great shape. Oh yeah, I noticed he wasn't shaking hands either, surely for many reasons. He was very classy and kind. So glad I went.

My drummer's daughter attended one I believe in New Jersey. It was cold as hell and rainy I think and people are waiting for close to four hours. As they got closer a guy stepped out of line just take a snapshot with his camera and they threw him out. I just could not justify taking a day off for 10 to 15 seconds. I met him in 97 in a hotel, and that will have to do

Some fans are nuts. I attended one of the signings and despite the audience politely being told several times "he won't be signing instruments or memorabilia", there were many who sauntered up with stuff for him to sign. Geddy was a consummate pro the whole time. In fact, I was amazed he literally stood the whole time, and with such poise. He's in great shape. Oh yeah, I noticed he wasn't shaking hands either, surely for many reasons. He was very classy and kind. So glad I went.

My drummer's daughter attended one I believe in New Jersey. It was cold as hell and rainy I think and people are waiting for close to four hours. As they got closer a guy stepped out of line just take a snapshot with his camera and they threw him out. I just could not justify taking a day off for 10 to 15 seconds. I met him in 97 in a hotel, and that will have to do

Oh wow. Crazy someone was thrown out for taking a picture, but who knows what the rules were or if he did anything more egregious. 99% of people I saw were great, but I was really surprised by people lugging their guitars up, lingering long, asking for long messages in the book, that sort of thing... But these were very much exceptions. Wonderful event overall. What struck me was Geddy's poise - he STOOD for a LONG time (3 hours?) signing and signing and signing. Huge crowd where I was and he took it all in stride.

• Like 2

I was there and it WAS cold out there, but totally worth it for the chance to say thank you.

"Security" was off the rails though. I tried to take a photo as I was leaving and a hand was put in front of my phone.

Interesting about the photo issues. Wonder if they changed the policy, perhaps to expedite the line. I was in Montreal and just about everyone was snapping pics. He was not posing with fans though and wasn't shaking hands either, both of which make perfect sense. Edited by upstateNYfan