"Let's Celebrate The 80's"

Lorraine

^^ I had a friend at the time who was really into the first album (with "Mad World"). I didn't really care for them thinking them kind of prissy Brits singing mopey songs so I was prepared not to like Songs from the Big Chair when it came out but whoa, it was unstoppable, like a force of nature. What VH's debut was to rock in '78 SftBC was to pop alternative in '85. Seemed like everyone liked it no matter what kind of music they were into otherwise.

You mentioned "one side." Side 1 I assume. Side 2 is so cool too, while being very different from side 1. One thing that made the album so great.

• Like 3

^^ I had a friend at the time who was really into the first album (with "Mad World"). I didn't really care for them thinking them kind of prissy Brits singing mopey songs so I was prepared not to like Songs from the Big Chair when it came out but whoa, it was unstoppable, like a force of nature. What VH's debut was to rock in '78 SftBC was to pop alternative in '85. Seemed like everyone liked it no matter what kind of music they were into otherwise.

You mentioned "one side." Side 1 I assume. Side 2 is so cool too, while being very different from side 1. One thing that made the album so great.

Whatever side had Shout on it.

Head Over Heels was another one.

I don't remember getting up to change sides, but that doesn't mean I didn't on occasion.

I do remember being up all night. I couldn't stop listening to it.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Talking Heads - Life During Wartime

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

Burned my notebooks because what good are notebooks... except to remind me this tune is from the 70s..

Kidding aside stop making sense gave this song a second life

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/TNFSED77-GM

http://youtu.be/diEaSlbTixI

:musicnote:...It's been six months

She hasn't shut up once... :musicnote:

:LOL:

Two outstanding choices Lorraine.

BTW, Quarterflash had another song on their debut album called Find Another Fool which is nearly as good as Harden My Heart

Let's throw She's A Beauty by The Tubes in this thread as well.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 2

I remember having a small crush on this woman when I was a kid.

http://youtu.be/JP4xXjW97ko

I remember this one especially for its use in the Bally’s gym commercials.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3mSb6IGCZw[/media]

I remember her shilling Vic Tanny, a chain of gyms in Michigan, using "Strut."

^^ Funny, I thought she was THE HOTTEST ever in that Adam Ant video. Was surprised (but then not so) to learn she was Stromberg's boat/helicopter pilot in The Spy Who Loved Me. For my money, the two most beautiful Bond girls in one film, her and Barbara Bach.

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

Celebrate the eighties? As my old friend from the eighties would say "let's not and say we did."

Even in the 80's I was not big into most of the music that was current at the time. I was more into seventies bands. I didn't even watch MTV much because most of the time I didn't have access to cable television. I did see a few good movies in the theater though but off the to of my head I can't remember them. There were some good tv shows on at the time too. Not to spoil anyone's party but I think the 80's are maybe a bit over-rated.

Celebrate the eighties? As my old friend from the eighties would say "let's not and say we did."

Even in the 80's I was not big into most of the music that was current at the time. I was more into seventies bands. I didn't even watch MTV much because most of the time I didn't have access to cable television. I did see a few good movies in the theater though but off the to of my head I can't remember them. There were some good tv shows on at the time too. Not to spoil anyone's party but I think the 80's are maybe a bit over-rated.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

^^ Funny, I thought she was THE HOTTEST ever in that Adam Ant video. Was surprised (but then not so) to learn she was Stromberg's boat/helicopter pilot in The Spy Who Loved Me. For my money, the two most beautiful Bond girls in one film, her and Barbara Bach.

:yes: