80's Nostalgic Poll-ice? LOL! U 2 People Who Respond Get It! HA! "SYNCHRONICITY" 1983 VS "JOSHUA TREE" Bigger EGO? STING OR BOZO I MEAN BONO!

I'm About To Fall Over "The Edge!" Waiting For Those Hot "Summers" Daze! Will They Come? "Clayton" Is A City Near Me. "Cope"Land Is The Place For Me!  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Album Is Closer To Your Heart? LOL! Which Famous Singer Is The Most Egocentric Egghead In Your Mind? Wrapped Around Your Finger? With Or Without You I Will Prevail!

• The Police "Synchronicity"
    • U2 "Joshua Tree
  2. 2. Which LSD Has Infected You More?

Hello and welcome to double dating, double dipping, double trouble and double tripping! Do I have you the humble reader's attention tonight?

Been going though a serious 80's vibe this week. I was in high school when these two records came out.

I was a Rush prog whore. A young Heavy Metalist, but I was in love with The Police and U2 back then. Copeland and Larry Mullen Jr. I loved them. But Stewie is still in my top three of all time drummers today.

Neil

Simon

Stewart

Neil Simon? A famous director? LOL!

Anyway I could have done a poll "The Unforgettable Fire" VS "Synchronicity" since they were closer in release year but hell I went with "Joshua Tree."

"Unforgettable Fire" was my favorite back in high school. Just to note.

Anyway this is a double poll.

Which album do you love the most?

Also which lead singer of these bands do you think has the biggest fuckking EGO?????

I'm a "Synchronicity" guy and I think BONO is the biggest BOZO on the planet Earth!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

I hate both of these dudes. Sting a bit more and always found The Police ungodly boring.

this is like would you rather eat shit or bath in vomit.,

i just fliped a coin. U2 it is but faint praise

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

I'd rather listen to Joshua Tree today but when it came out I was falling out of love with U2 whereas Synchronicity hit me in full Police stride so I'll go with Synchronicity for the sake of nostalgia.

I chose Bono (is that a compliment?) because Sting is as bad as they get; he sets the standard.

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 2

It was close, I like everything! I think Synchronicity has better songwriting, though, so I went with that.

Bono throwing the peace sign everywhere drives me nuts; he bugs me a little more for some reason although both have heads that wouldn't fit through a doorway, I think. :LOL:

And everytime I update iTunes that fricking free album shows up again!

• Like 1

Super close, great poll, Earl!

I think I’ll go with Joshua Tree and Bono for my love of Ireland and my Irish heritage and how that music has helped me connect with Ireland. But I have to say, Synchronicity was the first vinyl record I ever dropped a needle on, in fact the first one I ever heard, and the sound of the needle gliding over the groove into the keyboard riff at the start of Synchronicity I is basically what made me realize I NEEDED a record player and a record collection, one of the greatest realizations I’ve ever had.

Also Sting is an incredible songwriter with a great, unique voice.

• Like 1

Wow.

I was there for both.

Both albums were the center of the universe.

Both tours were the center of the universe.

Must-haves and must-sees.

I was in high school for Sychronicity.

I was in college for The Joshua Tree.

Loved both albums and both concerts bring back wonderful memories.

U2 always meant more to me.

Sting is an arrogant egotistical douche. He brushes you away as insignificant.

Bono is an elitist condescending bore. He wants to bug ya. He bugs me.

Oh yeah, Amnesty International Tour at Giants Stadium. Bono and Sting singing "Invisible Sun"! Great memory!

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 3

I've liked both bands, and groups. "U2", has been one of my favorite bands, and groups, and "the Police" behind them. I've chosen, and picked by voting for "U2". Edited by Derek19