Jump to content


Toronto Raptors will Take It!


  • Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 YYZ Working Man

YYZ Working Man

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2203 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mississauga, Ontario

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:14 PM

Go Raps ..Unbelievable so far. -All the way this year

Sponsored Post

#2 Derek19

Derek19

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1214 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Comox, B.C.
  • Interests:I like listening to music, watch movies I think look, and are really good, exercise, read, and computers including learning more about them, and what to do.

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:58 PM

I don't watch, and haven't watched the N.B.A.  With the Toronto Raptors, though, I'm glad, to see, and hear that they've, and were able of making it to the "Championship Finals".  If they can be able to win it all, then it will be a great accomplishment for their franchise, and the N.B.A.

Edited by Derek19, 29 May 2019 - 07:41 AM.


#3 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Sphere

  • Members *
  • 7872 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:51 PM

I predict they're going to play at least 4 games.

#4 edhunter

edhunter

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4312 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:41 AM

I think the Raptors, like the St Louis Blues, will be finished in 5 games. Go Bruins!

#5 Derek19

Derek19

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1214 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Comox, B.C.
  • Interests:I like listening to music, watch movies I think look, and are really good, exercise, read, and computers including learning more about them, and what to do.

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:35 AM

Ed, With trying to start talking about another, and different sport on, and in another, and different sport's thread, have you, and are you finished?  Now, that's what I thought.

#6 Syrinx

Syrinx

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2349 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto
  • Interests:Dallas Cowboys!

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:02 AM

Go Raps go!

#7 Syrinx

Syrinx

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2349 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto
  • Interests:Dallas Cowboys!

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:03 AM

And hockey is taking a back seat (way at the back) to basketball, in the number one hockey city on the planet!

#8 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

    73

  • Admin
  • 34756 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York

Posted 29 May 2019 - 11:20 AM

I hate basketball and the NBA in particular, but I wouldn't mind seeing Golden State lose this one. Seeing the "super team" make the final five years in a row and lose two of them would be pretty cool. Do the Raptors really have a shot, though?

#9 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2585 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 May 2019 - 11:53 AM

I hope GS crushes them in 4 straight.  I love dynasties in sports.

#10 Derek19

Derek19

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1214 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Comox, B.C.
  • Interests:I like listening to music, watch movies I think look, and are really good, exercise, read, and computers including learning more about them, and what to do.

Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:03 PM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 29 May 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

I hate basketball and the NBA in particular, but I wouldn't mind seeing Golden State lose this one. Seeing the "super team" make the final five years in a row and lose two of them would be pretty cool. Do the Raptors really have a shot, though?

The Toronto Raptors have a chance as much as the Golden State Warriors do.  We won't know, and don't know anything until this year's "Championship Final" is, and will be finished.

#11 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

    73

  • Admin
  • 34756 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York

Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:11 PM

View PostDerek19, on 29 May 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 29 May 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

I hate basketball and the NBA in particular, but I wouldn't mind seeing Golden State lose this one. Seeing the "super team" make the final five years in a row and lose two of them would be pretty cool. Do the Raptors really have a shot, though?

The Toronto Raptors have a chance as much as the Golden State Warriors do.  We won't know, and don't know anything until this year's "Championship Final" is, and will be finished.

Technically, yes. Either team in a final round has a "chance." But the odds aren't 50/50 between these two teams, are they? Aren't Golden State heavily favored, and with good reason? Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see Toronto win it, but it seems to me they don't have a "good" chance to win this. Just a chance.

#12 edhunter

edhunter

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4312 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:43 PM

View PostDerek19, on 29 May 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

Ed, With trying to start talking about another, and different sport on, and in another, and different sport's thread, have you, and are you finished?  Now, that's what I thought.

I'm sorry, I have to ask. Is English your first language?

#13 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 69068 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:38 PM

View PostDerek19, on 29 May 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 29 May 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

I hate basketball and the NBA in particular, but I wouldn't mind seeing Golden State lose this one. Seeing the "super team" make the final five years in a row and lose two of them would be pretty cool. Do the Raptors really have a shot, though?

The Toronto Raptors have a chance as much as the Golden State Warriors do.  
Very few will agree with you here.  Of course Toronto has a chance, but it's far from an equal one.  Golden State is,as loaded with talent and experience as any NBA team in history, and beating them will be a tall order.  Just ask Houston.

#14 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 69068 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:38 PM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 29 May 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

View PostDerek19, on 29 May 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 29 May 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

I hate basketball and the NBA in particular, but I wouldn't mind seeing Golden State lose this one. Seeing the "super team" make the final five years in a row and lose two of them would be pretty cool. Do the Raptors really have a shot, though?

The Toronto Raptors have a chance as much as the Golden State Warriors do.  We won't know, and don't know anything until this year's "Championship Final" is, and will be finished.

Technically, yes. Either team in a final round has a "chance." But the odds aren't 50/50 between these two teams, are they? Aren't Golden State heavily favored, and with good reason? Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see Toronto win it, but it seems to me they don't have a "good" chance to win this. Just a chance.
Yep.

#15 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 69068 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:41 PM

View Postedhunter, on 29 May 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

View PostDerek19, on 29 May 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

Ed, With trying to start talking about another, and different sport on, and in another, and different sport's thread, have you, and are you finished?  Now, that's what I thought.

I'm sorry, I have to ask. Is English your first language?
Some of the most interesting syntax, sentence structure, and word-linking that I've come across, and encountered, or read.

#16 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

    A Passenger to Bangkok

  • Members
  • 6627 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Interests:music, reading, travel

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:40 PM

View Postgoose, on 29 May 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 29 May 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

View PostDerek19, on 29 May 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

Ed, With trying to start talking about another, and different sport on, and in another, and different sport's thread, have you, and are you finished?  Now, that's what I thought.

I'm sorry, I have to ask. Is English your first language?
Some of the most interesting syntax, sentence structure, and word-linking that I've come across, and encountered, or read.

I find, for the most part, Derek19's posts to be, although not always, rather relaxing to read, as if, and perhaps, possessing a calming quality that, I for one, am enjoying. :yes:

#17 Tinwoodsman

Tinwoodsman

    By-Tor on the Bayou

  • Members
  • 23070 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pile O' Bones

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:04 PM

The comma chameleon!

#18 Tinwoodsman

Tinwoodsman

    By-Tor on the Bayou

  • Members
  • 23070 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pile O' Bones

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:04 PM

Go Bruins!!!

#19 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

    A Passenger to Bangkok

  • Members
  • 6627 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Interests:music, reading, travel

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:08 PM

View PostTinwoodsman, on 29 May 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

The comma chameleon!

:lol:

Posted Image

Edited by vaportrailer, 29 May 2019 - 04:08 PM.


#20 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

    A Passenger to Bangkok

  • Members
  • 6627 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Interests:music, reading, travel

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:09 PM

View PostTinwoodsman, on 29 May 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

Go Bruins!!!

Posted Image

Brad can't wait to party!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users