Two gigantic, heavy records released the same day! Ozzy vs. GnR

Choose wisely  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which album is your favorite

• Ozzy Osborne - No More Tears (September 17, 1991)
    • Guns 'N Roses - Use Your Illusion I (September 17, 1991)
    • I feel it really necessary to vote for Use Your Illusion II over both of these for some reason (remember you can vote for multiple)
  2. 2. Which is better?

• No More Tears
    • Use Your Illusion I
    • again with the voting for UYI II thing.

I bought both of these albums in the past month or so to kick off my summer, but which one is your favorite?

Yeah yeah I know Use Your Illusion II was released the same day as well...but I haven't listened to it yet, so I'm going with I whether it's better of worse than II.

Use Your Illusion II. I like it way more than the other two albums here.

Which of the other two do you prefer?

Use Your Illusion II. I like it way more than the other two albums here.

Which of the other two do you prefer?

Use Your Illusion I. It's a real mixed bag, but the highs give it the edge for me. I've just never been in to that Ozzy album.

• Like 1

I chose by voting for "Ozzy Osbourne". I've liked his c.d., and album "No More Tears" a lot. I've liked, and enjoyed him, and not "Guns N' Roses". Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Use Your Illusion II is the better album. The first one is very good but there's a few songs on there that could be cut and it wouldn't hurt it.

I think I like No More Tears better. There's a couple filler tracks (Zombie Stomp, AVH) and Mama I'm Coming Home has taken a dive in my liking over the years. The song is about Sharon and we've all come to know what a top shelf bitch she is. Still it's Ozzy's last great album.

• Like 1

Personally, I like both records (despite what I just wrote in the GnR thread). Time will tell how much initial impressions will change, but I find No More Tears to be a less taxing full listen than UYI, despite not having the diversity of styles nor anything as ambitious as Coma or November Rain. Really the only song I would do away with on NMT is Zombie Stomp (or at least a couple minutes of it). The rest of them are well written melodically and played and get my head rocking happily, at the least. Also...some of the hooks and choruses on the GnR record feel kinda half done.

Gave Use Your Illusion I a better listen today, and it's definitely better than my first couple impressions were. It's bloated, it's fat, but it's got some really great stuff.

Excellent songs:

November Rain

Don't Cry

Coma

Great Songs:

Perfect Crime

Double Talkin' Jive

The Garden

Dead Horse

Back Off B****

Bad Apples

Live And Let Die

Good songs:

Right Next Door To H***

Dust N' Bones

Don't D*** Me

Throwaway cuts:

Bad Obsession

You Ain't The First

Garden Of Eden

And some forgettable stuff...and unfortunately even great songs can sound forgettable under the weight of this record.

Gave Use Your Illusion I a better listen today, and it's definitely better than my first couple impressions were. It's bloated, it's fat, but it's got some really great stuff.

Excellent songs:

November Rain

Don't Cry

Coma

Great Songs:

Perfect Crime

Double Talkin' Jive

The Garden

Dead Horse

Back Off B****

Bad Apples

Live And Let Die

Good songs:

Right Next Door To H***

Dust N' Bones

Don't D*** Me

Throwaway cuts:

Bad Obsession

You Ain't The First

Garden Of Eden

And some forgettable stuff...and unfortunately even great songs can sound forgettable under the weight of this record.

Excellent songs:

November Rain

Don't Cry

Coma

Great Songs:

Perfect Crime

Double Talkin' Jive

The Garden

Dead Horse

Back Off B****

Bad Apples

Live And Let Die

Good songs:

Right Next Door To H***

Dust N' Bones

Don't D*** Me

Throwaway cuts:

Bad Obsession

You Ain't The First

Garden Of Eden

Bad Obsession is actually one of my favorite songs on both of the Illusions.

• Like 1

Excellent songs:

November Rain

Don't Cry

Coma

Great Songs:

Perfect Crime

Double Talkin' Jive

The Garden

Dead Horse

Back Off B****

Bad Apples

Live And Let Die

Good songs:

Right Next Door To H***

Dust N' Bones

Don't D*** Me

Throwaway cuts:

Bad Obsession

You Ain't The First

Garden Of Eden

Agree. It's a really good tune.
  • Like 2

Excellent songs:

November Rain

Don't Cry

Coma

Great Songs:

Perfect Crime

Double Talkin' Jive

The Garden

Dead Horse

Back Off B****

Bad Apples

Live And Let Die

Good songs:

Right Next Door To H***

Dust N' Bones

Don't D*** Me

Throwaway cuts:

Bad Obsession

You Ain't The First

Garden Of Eden

Yeah, I don't know what he's listening to there. It's one of my favorites too. There's always a few songs I skip on the album. Bad Obsession is not one of them. I was always under the impression that the song was a fan favorite. Don't think they have played it live in a long time though.

Excellent songs:

November Rain

Don't Cry

Coma

Great Songs:

Perfect Crime

Double Talkin' Jive

The Garden

Dead Horse

Back Off B****

Bad Apples

Live And Let Die

Good songs:

Right Next Door To H***

Dust N' Bones

Don't D*** Me

Throwaway cuts:

Bad Obsession

You Ain't The First

Garden Of Eden

Yeah, I don't know what he's listening to there. It's one of my favorites too. There's always a few songs I skip on the album. Bad Obsession is not one of them. I was always under the impression that the song was a fan favorite. Don't think they have played it live in a long time though.

I'm almost positive they did on the 1991 tour though.

They’re both shit.

Oh, stick to listening to your bullsh*t overwrought prog garbage, you bloody poof.

;)

That’s overlong prog garbage to you, Rumpole.