How Would Your Life Be Without The Existence Of RUSH? This Forum Never Would Have Been Created By "The Master Of Disguise" 73! Yep.... LIZZY BORDEN!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

The Seeker

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:09 AM

View Postgrep, on 23 May 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

I know there'd be no Dream Theater.

If only there was a way to go back in time and stop Rush from ever forming!

Sponsored Post

#42 CrimsonE

CrimsonE

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:45 AM

This is a very somber response, but there is a good chance that I might not be here if it were not for the inspiration of Rush.  During my college years, I was going through some very rough times.  Today, I can see them for what they were, but in the middle of them, I was incredibly depressed.  At one point I had reached the brink and was seriously contemplating suicide.  However, thinking of the lyrics of The Pass is one of the few things that kept me going.

#43 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

The Seeker

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 01:32 PM

View PostCrimsonE, on 26 May 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

This is a very somber response, but there is a good chance that I might not be here if it were not for the inspiration of Rush.  During my college years, I was going through some very rough times.  Today, I can see them for what they were, but in the middle of them, I was incredibly depressed.  At one point I had reached the brink and was seriously contemplating suicide.  However, thinking of the lyrics of The Pass is one of the few things that kept me going.

Why were you depressed? How did you shake it off?

#44 CrimsonE

CrimsonE

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:33 PM

View Postchemistry1973, on 26 May 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

View PostCrimsonE, on 26 May 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

Why were you depressed? How did you shake it off?

I've always taken things (including myself) way too seriously at times and always judged myself by high standards, which I often didn't meet.  It was much worse in college when I didn't have any true friends and struggled to connect to anyone.

I'm not sure how I shook it off other than to take each day one at a time.  It helped that I had (and still have) a family that cares for me, someone I can talk to, although I often didn't always feel like it at the time. It took me years to reveal how deeply depressed I was, and I shouldn't be that surprised that they (including mother) knew.  I still had bouts of depression here and there until I found my true calling in life, which was to be a teacher, for which I am grateful.  I am still a bit of a loner, but I've come to accept that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users