How Would Your Life Be Without The Existence Of RUSH? This Forum Never Would Have Been Created By "The Master Of Disguise" 73! Yep.... LIZZY BORDEN!

RUSHHEAD666

I still would have become a drummer back in the 7th grade. Luckily I fell in love with the drums before I listened to RUSH.

But wow, my life would have been totally boring, but man think of all the money I would have saved over the decades if RUSH was never created.

Hell, I probably helped Geddy pay for his baseball collection, Alex's golf clubs and Neil's motorcycles! LOL!

I would probably still be married if RUSH was never created, but then again, I'm very happy in 2019 to be a single dude.

Still paying out "The Big Money" but hey, my little one graduates high school next month! I'm going to save 375 a week!

That money would have been going to future Rush tickets, hotels and restaurants if they were still together! But of course they are not!!

It is what it is Analog Kids!!

I have no regrets in life.

Do you?

• Like 1

PS: So yes, I'm glad Rush was formed. I know I can be an over the top goofball on here but I've actually met some incredible, wonderful people.

Hell I don't even tease Myles anymore. Would rather help him find more amazing music out there!

Life goes on!!

RUSH ON!!!!!

Earl

• Like 1

No Rush?

Something very central to my identity would be sorely missing...and I wouldn't even know it.

• Like 3

Iron Maiden would be my favorite band. That's the one thing I know for sure. But it's too hard to say what else would have happened if Rush didn't exist. Many things in my life would be different since Rush was such a huge part of it.
  • Like 1

I would be just sitting in a chair in my quiet room looking at the birds through the tiny window at the top of the wall.

I'd wonder if my porridge would be brought in soon.

How long have I been here?

How long do I have to stay?

Whatever shall I do when I'm free to leave?

Did the Dodgers really move to Los Angeles?

What the hell is a tree duck?

Who am I?

• Like 3

For the record, I didn't create this board. It was RushRevisited's idea to start it, then we all went to work. He's the one who was instrumental in getting this place off the ground and established with his experience and resources. I'm just the one keeping it going.
  • Like 6

If I didn’t find that A Show Of Hands record in that Salt Lake City music store in 1990, who knows what would’ve happened. I might not be a drummer or living in California. Wouldn’t have met my wife and had these great kids.
  • Like 1

For the record, I didn't create this board. It was RushRevisited's idea to start it, then we all went to work. He's the one who was instrumental in getting this place off the ground and established with his experience and resources. I'm just the one keeping it going.

Thank you for keeping it going! :D

• Like 4

Yes, but if it wasn't for you, the forum wouldn't still be here.

And if it wasn't for TRF, in spite of everything that has gone on here, I would not have met some of the nicest and most incredible people that I have met on here. People from all over the world whom I would never have known existed had it not been for TRF.

I owe Rush Revisited, and you, a lot of gratitude.

I owe Rush gratitude too. Without Rush, there would be no The Rush Forum! :codger:

:cheers:

• Like 4

Thank you for keeping it going! :D

Agreed!
  • Like 2

I never knew that 73. Glad you are keeping the flame lit. "Hold Your Fire" baby.

• Like 1

I wouldn't have this constant ringing in my ears.

I SAID I WOULDN'T HAVE THIS CONSTANT RINGING IN MY EARS.

I totally get it. I've been to over 800 concerts in my life. 60 Rush shows in 30 years. I do wear ear plugs sometimes. BUT NEVER TO A RUSH CONCERT! NEVER!!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

This website wouldn't exist and I almost certainly wouldn't be married to the woman I am since we initially met on a Rush message board.

I bet she wishes Rush didn’t exist.

• Like 3

This website wouldn't exist and I almost certainly wouldn't be married to the woman I am since we initially met on a Rush message board.

I bet she wishes Rush didn’t exist.

i got a good laugh out of that. It was very funny.

I'd still be a fan of rock music for sure. ACDC, Priest, Maiden. Metallica for sure - they blew me away when they first got started. Yes, and the prog crowd too.

Lord knows who else would have filled the space if Rush were never around. Some other rock band who was passed over, perhaps.

I'd still have wanted to be a bass player, Cliff Burton, JPJ, Entwhistle, Squire. Keyboards and synths, maybe not. Ged was my inspiration for wanting to be a bassist and part time keyboard player.

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

I'd still be a fan of rock music for sure. ACDC, Priest, Maiden. Metallica for sure - they blew me away when they first got started. Yes, and the prog crowd too.

Lord knows who else would have filled the space if Rush were never around. Some other rock band who was passed over, perhaps.

I'd still have wanted to be a bass player, Cliff Burton, JPJ, Entwhistle, Squire. Keyboards and synths, maybe not. Ged was my inspiration for wanting to be a bassist and part time keyboard player.

But without Rush, then Maiden and Metallica (and many other bands) wouldn't be nearly the same!

• Like 2