Contacting Geddy/The Guys

skullchrist

Here is the contact information for anthem/ole entertainment. Rush actually sold all the rights to their music/publishing a few years ago but perhaps this place forwards requests. Geddy is also on Instagram @geddyimages. Good luck!

CONTACT

ole

Toronto / Nashville / Los Angeles / New York City / London

Headquarters

120 Bremner Blvd, Suite 2900

Toronto, ON M5J 0A8

Phone: (416) 850-1163

Licensing

brandon_schott@olemm.com

Press/Publicity

julie_moe@olemm.com

For General Inquiries, please contact us at:

info@anthementertainmentgroup.com

Here is the contact information for anthem/ole entertainment. Rush actually sold all the rights to their music/publishing a few years ago but perhaps this place forwards requests. Geddy is also on Instagram @geddyimages. Good luck!

CONTACT

ole

Headquarters

Toronto, ON M5J 0A8

Licensing

brandon_schott@olemm.com

Press/Publicity

julie_moe@olemm.com

Thanks! I'll look into this.

Them selling their publishing rights is a bit of shock to me after what happened to the Beatles.

• Like 1

They will send you a very polite rejection letter as they did with me

Ha! Well, I really just want them to read it. :D

It's more of a personal journal but I think they would really enjoy it.

What happened to yours? I'd like to check it out.

CONTACT

ole

Headquarters

Toronto, ON M5J 0A8

Licensing

brandon_schott@olemm.com

Press/Publicity

julie_moe@olemm.com

Them selling their publishing rights is a bit of shock to me after what happened to the Beatles.

Yes, I thought that usually that was the last thing artists wanted to do, Paul McCartney spent years trying to buy his song rights back. Below is an article that tells about Rush. There was another good article at the time; I can't find it now, of course. :LOL: It explained better about how, if the lump sum is big enough, it could prove to be better financial planning for the artist as it is a known amount vs. who knows what royalties will bring in the future in the era of streaming, fewer physical album sales, etc. Since the guys did it, I'm sure it was a good deal as they do all right financially. But here's the one article anyway.

https://www.hollywoo...by-indie-708268

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

CONTACT

ole

Headquarters

Toronto, ON M5J 0A8

Licensing

brandon_schott@olemm.com

Press/Publicity

julie_moe@olemm.com

Yes, I thought that usually that was the last thing artists wanted to do, Paul McCartney spent years trying to buy his song rights back. Below is an article that tells about Rush. There was another good article at the time; I can't find it now, of course. :LOL: It explained better about how, if the lump sum is big enough, it could prove to be better financial planning for the artist as it is a known amount vs. who knows what royalties will bring in the future in the era of streaming, fewer physical album sales, etc. Since the guys did it, I'm sure it was a good deal as they do all right financially. But here's the one article anyway.

https://www.hollywoo...by-indie-708268

Yeah, those guys are very smart individuals. Maybe they got to keep a percentage or something.

• Like 1

Get in touch with them via their manager. I forgot the name of the company that manages/managed them.

I tried contacting the following with no luck:

https://www.rush.com/contact/

Yeah, they should update their stuff better. A friend in Toronto told me that that office has been closed. :(

I just saw Geddy a few weeks ago in Toronto at a ball game.

He's so nice! Even to a rabid fan boy like me. LOL! NOT!

I bonded with Geddy last year thanks to our passion with baseball. It's not about the band.

If you get your wish to interview them try not to dwell on the band. Find other avenues of interest to talk and write about.

I've learned a lot over the last year with my connection and contact.

I wish I could help you out but my connection will remain very private.

Good Luck to you!

RUSH ON!!

Earl

• Like 3

I bonded with Geddy last year thanks to our passion with baseball. It's not about the band.

If you get your wish to interview them try not to dwell on the band. Find other avenues of interest to talk and write about.

Good Luck to you!

RUSH ON!!

Earl

• Like 1

I've got it around somewhere. I have a book of handwritten bass transcriptions all done by myself, written in standard notation. I started doing them in 1991 because there were no books on the market back then. There's still nothing as comprehensive as what I've done, with about 60-70 songs spanning their entire catalogue.

I wrote to them in the late 90's about having it published. The letter was very polite, saying something along the lines of "Thank you for your inquiry. At this time all Rush sheetmusic publishing is handled by Warner Music."

Edited by edhunter

Good Luck to you!

RUSH ON!!

Earl

I don't want to meet/interview them. I really just think they would like to read it. It's just an excerpt from my autobiography and pretty funny if I do say so myself.

I'll keep trying.

Next time you see him tell him we all say hi. :LOL:

Get in touch with them via their manager. I forgot the name of the company that manages/managed them.

Yeah, they should update their stuff better. A friend in Toronto told me that that office has been closed. :(

Well, that explains why Meg hasn't gotten back to me!

Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

I've got it around somewhere. I have a book of handwritten bass transcriptions all done by myself, written in standard notation. I started doing them in 1991 because there were no books on the market back then. There's still nothing as comprehensive as what I've done, with about 60-70 songs spanning their entire catalogue.

I wrote to them in the late 90's about having it published. The letter was very polite, saying something along the lines of "Thank you for your inquiry. At this time all Rush sheetmusic publishing is handled by Warner Music."

That's pretty cool. Wish I played the bass, ha!

At least you'll have it for the grandkids to look at!

It has been a few years since I was there but I visited Anthem Records at 189 Carlton Street, Toronto, ON M5A 2K7 and this still seems to be the legit address

Get an attorney and have them reach out to Rush.

Then they’ll know you’re not just a rabid fanboy.

Ha! Right. I bet they would love that.

In all seriousness, it's a rule of thumb that these companies refuse to read, or listen to unsolicited material.

Reason being, they could get sued for stealing another's idea. If you want Anthem to really read it, get a publishing attorney to submit the work.

When you send someone a piece of art - whoever it is, and whatever it is, it's kind of a legal transaction - the degrees being who the artist is, and who is receiving the gift.

Edited by chemistry1973
  • Like 2

CONTACT

ole

Headquarters

Toronto, ON M5J 0A8

Licensing

brandon_schott@olemm.com

Press/Publicity

julie_moe@olemm.com

Cashing out like that was the first sign that the chapter was ending.

Fortunately they left an embarrassment of riches behind to enjoy.

• Like 1