The Alan Parsons Connection Poll: "Tales Of Mystery And Imagination Edgar Allan Poe" VS. Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon"

Exploring The Dark Side Of Mystery And Imagination! Poe! Parsons! Waters! Pick One!  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which Album Do You Love The Most?

• The Alan Parsons Project "Tales Of Mystery And Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe"
    • Pink Floyd "The Dark Side Of The Moon"

Of course all of you are very smart and intellectual Rush Loves so you know that Alan Parsons produced "Dark Side Of The Moon."

I am currently listening to the first masterpiece by Alan Parsons himself. Of course it's the classic "Tales Of Mystery And Imagination."

This is a very simple poll for me as I am sure "Dark Side Of The Moon" will shatter "Tales" but regardless of the outcome for me it's "Takes Of Mystery And Imagination" all the way baby!

I'll take the Alan Parsons Project catalog over Pink Floyd too.

"Eye In The Sky" is another masterpiece gem!!

You might be surprised Earl. Plenty of TRFers here in the “DSotM is overrated” camp. But that’s not me.

I would not of guessed that Johnny B! I'm with you. Overplayed perhaps, not overrated. It's a masterpiece. I love both.

You might be surprised Earl. Plenty of TRFers here in the “DSotM is overrated” camp. But that’s not me.

I would not of guessed that Johnny B! I'm with you. Overplayed perhaps, not overrated. It's a masterpiece. I love both.

I wouldn’t have guessed it either but I’ve seen the TRF posts plenty of times

I'm a huge Alan Parsons fan, but Dark Side is, well, Dark Side! A perfect album.

But because I've heard the Floyd album so many times, I do listen to I, Robot way more than Dark Side these days.

• Like 1

I'm a huge Alan Parsons fan, but Dark Side is, well, Dark Side! A perfect album.

But because I've heard the Floyd album so many times, I do listen to I, Robot way more than Dark Side these days.

I read your loud and clear!!

Love you ALLEN PARSONS PROJECT! LOL!!!!

• Like 1

This is the perfect time for me to try Pink Floyd again. And I have never knowingly listened to anything Alan Parsons has done!

Intrigued.

• Like 2

I am a bit of a hair-splitter, so... Allen Parse On ?
  • Like 1

If music was heroin I would have overdosed in 1982.

You’re sniffing lines of metal while simultaneously having rock ‘n’ roll shot directly into your brain stem.

HAHAHAHA! Post Of The Year!

This is the perfect time for me to try Pink Floyd again. And I have never knowingly listened to anything Alan Parsons has done!

Intrigued.

What? Dude! You are in for an audio treat! You must listen to every Alan Parsons Project album from "Tales" to "Eye In The Sky!" The production and melodies will make your ears hum like a hummingbird's wings!

• Like 1

I am a bit of a hair-splitter, so... Allen Parse On ?

Hahaha! Absolutely!

I'll have to give a proper listen to the Alan Parsons album, but DSOTM is a perfect record from every angle...so I doubt I vote for the Alan Parsons record.
  • Like 2

Intrigued.

You might know Eye In The Sky by Alan Parsons. It was his big hit.

• Like 1

Intrigued.

You might know Eye In The Sky by Alan Parsons. It was his big hit.

dude i freakin' love that song.

I was looped that song for a half hour straight, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Of course all of you are very smart and intellectual Rush Loves so you know that Alan Parsons produced "Dark Side Of The Moon."

I am currently listening to the first masterpiece by Alan Parsons himself. Of course it's the classic "Tales Of Mystery And Imagination."

This is a very simple poll for me as I am sure "Dark Side Of The Moon" will shatter "Tales" but regardless of the outcome for me it's "Takes Of Mystery And Imagination" all the way baby!

I'll take the Alan Parsons Project catalog over Pink Floyd too.

"Eye In The Sky" is another masterpiece gem!!

JUDAS PRIEST bassist Ian Hill has told W4CY Radio's "Pipeman In The Pit" that the band is planning to record a follow-up to last year's "Firepower" album. "There was a lot of unused ideas on 'Firepower' — 'cause we didn't have time to pursue them, basically," he said (hear audio below). "A hell of a lot of good stuff there. And the creative juices are flowing as well. So, another five, six, seven songs and we should have an album's worth of material. So when the 'Firepower' tour [ends], the dust has settled on that and we've had a bit of time off to recharge our batteries, we'll see where we stand and see if we can get back into the studio."