Who Is Your Favorite Keyboard Player On The Earth? Geddy Lee Does Count! Silly Human Race Rush Fruits! LOL!

Lists always change so who are your favorite keyboard players in 2019? Any genre goes!!

A Top 5 is fine, but list as many as you want. Your favorite first.....

1. Tony Banks

2. Mark Kelly

3. John Carpenter

4. Beethoven

5. Elton John

• Like 2

Ooh, tough call.

1. Tony Banks

2. Freddie Mercury (the piano is a keyboard!)

3. Geddy Lee

4. Elton John (the piano is a keyboard still!)

5. Rick Wakeman

6. Keith Emerson

7. Matt Bellamy (Muse)

8. Rick Davies (Supertramp)

9. Dennis Deyoung

10. Greg Hawkes (The Cars)

A number of those could swap out. Pretty confident in the first few though.

• Like 2

Oh shoot, wait toss these two in there somewhere:

Jordan Rudess and Kevin Moore

And this guy too:

Tony Kaye

Lists always change so who are your favorite keyboard players in 2019? Any genre goes!!

A Top 5 is fine, but list as many as you want. Your favorite first.....

1. Tony Banks

2. Mark Kelly

3. John Carpenter

4. Beethoven

5. Elton John

Good call on Mark Kelly. Rarely gets the recognition he deserves. Much like Mike Garson.

• Like 1

You know who I like a lot and no one has mentioned - probably because he's not primarily a keyboardist - Eddie Van Halen.

And who is the one from Boston - he was really good too.

no one goes to see Van Halen to watch him noodle on a keyboard. Same can be said for Geddy.

Top of the list would be Emerson and Wakeman because of their in-depth classical chops. Someone not mentioned yet is Lyle Mays (Pat Metheny Group).

As a former keyboardist, I can't remember being impressed with anything that Geddy plays. It's either chords or plunking away on a simple melody. A student with 2-3 years experience could handle any Geddy keyboard part. We go to see Geddy for his bass playing and juggling act between bass, vocals and (space filling) keyboards.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

You know who I like a lot and no one has mentioned - probably because he's not primarily a keyboardist - Eddie Van Halen.

Judas-Priest-8.jpg

no one goes to see Van Halen to watch him noodle on a keyboard. Same can be said for Geddy.

Top of the list would be Emerson and Wakeman because of their in-depth classical chops. Someone not mentioned yet is Lyle Mays (Pat Metheny Group).

As a former keyboardist, I can't remember being impressed with anything that Geddy plays. It's either chords or plunking away on a simple melody. A student with 2-3 years experience could handle any Geddy keyboard part. We go to see Geddy for his bass playing and juggling act between bass, vocals and (space filling) keyboards.

I don't go see them at all. I listen, and I think he's good. :)