Big Beautiful Book of Bass is back!

blueschica

Geddy announced on Instagram this morning that BBBB DID go into a second printing, which is available now. Someone asked if there would be any UK signing events and he said yep! :ebert: No other mention of other signings anywhere, I guess we can keep our fingers crossed. Edited by blueschica
  • Like 6

Geddy also said later today that he is planning a book signing in Chicago in the future. :)

Woot!! I have the book already, as does my brother, He Plays Bass, but I'll buy a few more to get the signed ones!
  • Like 1

Geddy also said later today that he is planning a book signing in Chicago in the future. :)

Woot!! I have the book already, as does my brother, He Plays Bass, but I'll buy a few more to get the signed ones!

Yes, I would love to attend one! I'm still hoping he does another east coast one at some point. Geddy is usually very accurate on his Instagram account, and that's where he mentioned some signings in the UK and "yes" to one in Chicago. :ebert: Time to visit my cousins in Naperville! :LOL:

Geddy Lee's Official (Yet Kind of Random)

Big Beautiful Book of Bass Tour

Event tickets and latest details at rush.com/geddylee

WEDNESDAY, MAY 22, 2019

VICTORIA, BC @ BOLEN BOOKS - SIGNING 7:00 PM

THURSDAY, MAY 23, 2019

VANCOUVER, BC @ INDIGO METROTOWN - SIGNING 7:00 PM

SATURDAY, MAY 25, 2019

CALGARY, AB @ NMC - Q&A & SIGNING/BASS EXHIBIT VIP 1:00 PM

SUNDAY, May 26, 2019

CALGARY, AB @ NMC - Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Bass Exhibit Opens to Public (May 26, 2019 - Jan 2, 2020)

SUNDAY, MAY 26, 2019

EDMONTON, AB @ COSTCO 1112 WEST EDMONTON - SIGNING 2:00 PM

MONDAY, MAY 27, 2019

WINNIPEG, MB @ COSTCO 549 WINNIPEG SOUTH - SIGNING 5:00 PM

TUESDAY, MAY 28, 2019

TORONTO, ON @ INDIGO BAY AND BLOOR - SIGNING 7:00 PM

WEDNESDAY, MAY 29, 2019

OTTAWA, ON CENTREPOINTE THEATRE -

INTERVIEW W/ SIGNING 7:00 PM

SATURDAY, JUNE 1, 2019

RICHMOND HILL, ON @ COSMOFEST - SIGNING 1:00 PM

MONDAY, JUNE 3, 2019

OAKVILLE, ON@ OAKVILLE CENTRE FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS - INTERVIEW W/ SIGNING 7:00 PM

TUESDAY, JUNE 4, 2019

MONTREAL, QC @ RIALTO THEATRE - INTERVIEW W/ SIGNING 7:00 PM

• Like 2

Got my signed copy!

Capture.jpg

Did he remember you?

I told him I was at the Grapes Under Pressure, he said "oh, right, thanks for showing up!". But it was way too quick. He wasn't allowed to sign my Permanent Waves CD... :(

• Like 2

Got my signed copy!

Capture.jpg

Did he remember you?

I told him I was at the Grapes Under Pressure, he said "oh, right, thanks for showing up!". But it was way too quick. He wasn't allowed to sign my Permanent Waves CD... :(

It's like the 'meet and greets', which are 30 seconds long. The book signing is probably 5 seconds long.

Whereas if you attend an event like 'Grapes Under Pressure' where you shell out a huge amount of money, then you have time to talk with your musical heroes more. It's all about 'money' or 'time' and/or both combined isn't it?

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

Here's something to take note of in Geddy's book tour itinerary.

It doesn't appear that Geddy will be gathering with a group of people doing a 'book signing event' on the 24th of May unless it's perhaps visiting Ben Mink and his family in Vancouver.

I just had to throw a reference in to 'Lakeside Park' for the above. :)

• Like 1

Got my signed copy!

Capture.jpg

Did he remember you?

It's like the 'meet and greets', which are 30 seconds long. The book signing is probably 5 seconds long.

Whereas if you attend an event like 'Grapes Under Pressure' where you shell out a huge amount of money, then you have time to talk with your musical heroes more. It's all about 'money' or 'time' and/or both combined isn't it?

Nowadays, maybe. Back in the day, I had the ultimate good fortune to be invited to a similar cocktail party type aftershow party, and it was free. But it also was around the 20th anniversary of the first US tour, they were in NYC for two nights, and Atlantic Records was based there and threw the parties. Also it was long before other bands started selling meet and greet and vip packages and tiers of ticket pricing.

• Like 1

When are Neil's book signings?

Neil doesn't like his fans. He doesn't like his fans taking photos of him. He especially doesn't like meeting his fans. It makes him very uncomfortable.

The Rush.com listing still shows 'Coming soon' for the Montreal event (June 4), but if you go to this site, you can get tix now, and there is an 'early bird' special that includes an extra ticket for the event (so 2 tickets, one book). Figured I'd give a heads up so Rush fans could get tix who may be relying on the first link.

http://theatrerialto.ca/en/event/drawn-quarterly-presents-geddy-lee-presentation-signing/?instance_id=545

• Like 1

When are Neil's book signings?

Neil doesn't like his fans. He doesn't like his fans taking photos of him. He especially doesn't like meeting his fans. It makes him very uncomfortable.

I don't think that's true. He seems like he'd be a blast to hang out with.

Edited by edhunter

Are we supposed to buy this twice too? I didn't even buy it when it was new. I can wait for it to appear on Google "Good Books", and even then I'm not sure I'd be compelled to read it.

This "Buy this again!" thing is getting annoying.

I have no interest in buying anniversary additions of albums.

If someone gives one to me for free, I might listen to it.

Edited by rftag